Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094368 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5430 on: June 06, 2014, 01:45:16 am »

The Elder Scrolls one is shaping up nicely and there is also a Lord of the Rings one if you are looking for something like that...otherwise I tend to stick with the Historical Immersion Project

Can find all of them on the forum
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?682-Crusader-Kings-II-User-Modifications

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: June 06, 2014, 02:22:03 am »

IMHO this is a nice bundle of mods.
I didn't download all of them, because to me they seem too complicated and too invasive - I like my games clean, with only very minor changes and improvements. I reccomend the Damascus Sword one, the Personal Castle and also the Council mod.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: June 06, 2014, 06:47:41 am »

The Elder Scrolls one is shaping up nicely and there is also a Lord of the Rings one if you are looking for something like that...otherwise I tend to stick with the Historical Immersion Project

Can find all of them on the forum
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?682-Crusader-Kings-II-User-Modifications

Good luck actually downloading them or hell, even SEEING THE FUCKING TOPIC if you haven't gone through the thirty step process of registering your game with them though.

Hate that SOOOOO goddamn much about their forums.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: June 06, 2014, 07:06:40 am »

30 step process?

You just click on "My Games" and type in the code.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: June 06, 2014, 07:07:29 am »

As far as DRM goes, it's fairly harmless.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: June 06, 2014, 09:10:55 am »

I can understand not being able to post without registering, but being unable to see half their forum without registering? I hate that.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: June 06, 2014, 09:16:38 am »

Well, it's to prevent you from grabbing the mods.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: June 06, 2014, 09:33:33 am »

A lot of forums with game mods requires you to register.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: June 06, 2014, 11:54:17 am »

Paradox's attempts to stifle mod distribution are one of the main things wrong with the company in current days. Dictating to independent modders that make your game worth playing that they cannot have *gasp* direct download links is asanine and the same idiocy as DRM, except this DRM would be one that turns off mods for *certain* users. Did I mention the mods were the things that make their games worth playing?

You can use this website to download mods directly from any steam workshop page. Copy+Paste the URL into the box, and when the file is downloaded rename it to whatever.rar and extract it to your documents/paradox/mod folder. And this is of course where all the mods are. Works with any game that hosts mods on steamworkshop.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:01:02 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: June 06, 2014, 12:13:35 pm »

You can register your game at their site.

There really is no issue whatsoever.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: June 06, 2014, 12:15:04 pm »

Unless you don't want to join their forum and produce a registration simply to download modifications for a game?? This isn't a common practice, it's a paradox practice. They send out C&D letters to modders for putting up mediafire links, dude. Luckily a majority of modders don't adhere to this practice and actively include direct downloads [because they didn't trap themselves on the forum and give paradox ability to track their own modification releases]. It's bigger mods that get all the attention and threats directed at them by paradox proper. You know, the mods that should be getting love from the company, not greedy gazes and shoved behind locked doors as a type of hostage negotiation for piraters of their games.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:20:32 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: June 06, 2014, 12:21:55 pm »

Yeah, can you stop there before this becomes a pointless flamewar? Unless you think invoking an argument here about this will somehow convince Paradox to free up their mods, please refrain from causing a stink.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: June 06, 2014, 12:24:07 pm »

Unless you don't want to join their forum and produce a registration simply to download modifications for a game?? This isn't a common practice, it's a paradox practice. They send out C&D letters to modders for putting up mediafire links, dude. Luckily a majority of modders don't adhere to this practice and actively include direct downloads [because they didn't trap themselves on the forum and give paradox ability to track their own modification releases]. It's bigger mods that get all the attention and threats directed at them by paradox proper. You know, the mods that should be getting love from the company, not greedy gazes and shoved behind locked doors as a type of hostage negotiation for piraters of their games.
Well, if you think what you just described is a problem, than I won't stop you from having that opinion.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: June 06, 2014, 12:25:54 pm »

Yes. It's a good thing to lock up the things that make your games interesting; strong arm those people who attempt to make your games playable. Those damn pirates don't know what'll hit them! Except they'll also just download the mods other ways, but hey.

Just saying, it's a pretty big thorn in real modder's sides when Paradox incessantly claims they get to dictate how and where they distribute/develop and advertise their modification. I believe paradox is the only studio where you guys will defend this practice, but feel free to correct me. If Creative Assembly acted this way there wouldn't have been a modification community past RTW.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:30:46 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: June 06, 2014, 01:18:29 pm »

I must say, this is the first I've heard of the modders being strong armed.

Sending C&D letters for mediafire links sounds especially odd, considering that AGOT has mediafire links on it right now. And you can get AGOT and Elder Kings from outside the forums, through ModDB.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1002