Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090342 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5250 on: April 12, 2014, 05:18:45 pm »

I'm not sure if that last sentence means that you're saying that there's weren't any protestant-catholic holy wars or the opposite. Because there definitely was. A big one. As well as the religious wars that led up to it.
Love, scriver~

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: April 12, 2014, 05:30:41 pm »

I'm not sure if that last sentence means that you're saying that there's weren't any protestant-catholic holy wars or the opposite. Because there definitely was. A big one. As well as the religious wars that led up to it.

The last sentence meant that there WAS protestant-catholic holy wars.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: April 13, 2014, 06:18:42 pm »

What's with the runtime error I've been getting at startup that makes the game crash? I heard its a thing other people have been getting?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: April 13, 2014, 07:10:17 pm »

What's with the runtime error I've been getting at startup that makes the game crash? I heard its a thing other people have been getting?
You don't have enough RAM to run the game. Disable all cosmetic DLC and try again. if it keeps up, you'll have to buy more RAM, and, if you are on a 32-bit OS you'll need to grab a 64-bit one. I have exactly the same problem and am currently saving money to buy both the RAM and the OS.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: April 13, 2014, 10:22:38 pm »

Played around with Ironman mode finally. Started in 867 as Harald Fairhair, Jarl of Ostlandet. 100 years later, I'm a Viking Emperor of a Norse Scandinavia.
<snip>
Now my next goal is to raise a Viking storm and retake Zeeland and Braunschweig in the name of Odin, so that Norse's religious authority goes up enough for me to start unconverting Danish lands. My overall goal is to retain a united Norse Pagan empire and export it into EU4 as the Fylkirate. Maybe add Britain to my lands while I'm at it. And prevent Russia from ever becoming a power (already took Novgorod), and Ruthenia is still a pagan powerhouse.

Fylkirate Achieved! In the year 1001. Now to spread the runes of Odin to all of Europe before the Mongols arrive....

Sigh. Setbacks and more setbacks. Was kicking ass in North-Central Europe, completely dismembering the fledgling German kingdom and turning it heavily Norse in a short amount of time. Then fucking Pope John Paul calls for a crusade for the Germans. I figure I'm in for a tough fight, but nothing I can't handle if I can isolate and crush the royal armies before they can combine. France, Scotland, England, Italy, Navarra, Aquitaine, Bohemia...they can only field about 8-12K soldiers each at most, and the Fylkirate can field around 25K. (More if Norway will stop going into revolt every six months).

Kinda forgot about the Knights Hospitaller. Who for the last 20 years, have controlled the southern 2/3 of Iberia. Cue a pair of 30K doomstacks of Knights crashing into my berserkers and turning the Rhine red. :(  Tried to use attrition to wear them down and regroup in Sjaelland for a counter-attack but then the Teutonic Knights (who have controlled Frisia for years after putting down a Fratricelli king there) hit me with another 12K. So I wound up surrendering to the Pope and ceding my lovely Odin-worshipping Germans, who wound up going to France -- which is now starting to resemble Le Blob Bleu of old.

Decided to turn my ambitions elsewhere and cut a swath through Lothian and Northumberland, forging a Norse "buffer zone" between the Scots and Anglo-Saxons. Scotland fielded a considerable contingent in the German Crusade of 1038-1040 (at this point, Scotland is more advanced than England because it's stayed largely intact while England has been ripped asunder by cycles of unification and revolt), and I want to take them out of the picture before Thor's wrath comes back to Germany. This proceeded well, adding Lancaster, Kent and Albany to a growing Norse presence in Britain. Then my Fylkir dies and his son (already King of Sweden) inherits. Shortly thereafter, my brother (now King of Denmark) challenged me for the Fylkirate and I unwisely stood my ground. More than half the empire is in revolt, and they've got some HUGE stacks already in the field. Think I might have to surrender and bide my time to marry and assassinate my way back into the imperial throne.  :-\  Goddamn gavelkind...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: April 15, 2014, 02:11:18 pm »

Hey, isn't there a DLC that lets you rename Kingdoms and etc. in game?

Because I now want to Conquer Italy with Venice and rename it "The Serene Republic of The Fonz"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #5257 on: April 15, 2014, 03:53:56 pm »

Hey, isn't there a DLC that lets you rename Kingdoms and etc. in game?

Yes, there is. I'm actually going to use it to rename Alba to Britannia.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:21 am »

Yeah. I like it quite a bit. Currently used it to rename my family "of the julii" and my empire the "greco-roman empire".

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: April 16, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »

There was a time where I had the Atreides empire going on.  I should've made it in the desert but it was more situated in Russia/Germany.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: April 16, 2014, 08:06:08 pm »

But no-one has made The Serene Republic of The Fonz yet? Kewl, I'll have to do that in the MP game that's coming up :P

Indeed, I do this.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: April 16, 2014, 11:18:06 pm »

I don't have this yet. Last year my friend got all the collection on steam (doesn't come with all DLC though) and he wants to do mods.

Any suggestions? I know game of thrones is very popular. Probably biggest mod, yes? Any other suggestions? He said any mod is good. But he prefers bigger game changes, not small tweaks. Doesn't have to change game completely, but he said he doesn't want just a bunch of fixes or little changes.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #5262 on: April 17, 2014, 06:05:30 am »

Hey, any suggestion on what I should research?

Im duke of Holmgardr. I have my focus on Military usually military organisation, economy is castle infastructure and culture is noble customs and legalism. I now have lots of "ahead penalty" for those techs so what else would be good to study and for what reasons?

Also, should I study trade practices if I am NOT patrician?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: April 17, 2014, 06:27:00 am »

Hey, any suggestion on what I should research?

Im duke of Holmgardr. I have my focus on Military usually military organisation, economy is castle infastructure and culture is noble customs and legalism. I now have lots of "ahead penalty" for those techs so what else would be good to study and for what reasons?

Also, should I study trade practices if I am NOT patrician?
1. Awesome, I like Holmgardr, always nice to them when I'm trying to play Count DRAGUNS of Daugava right next door. You're a chill guy.
2. You are good for the tech thing, you chose all the correct things to get ahead on, and I would suggest you continue dumping all possible points in them.
3. Unless you are like halfway up the tree in those and not at all with the rest of stuffs. Then I would suggest:
Military: Heavy Infantry is good, because I'm pretty sure that's what that area specializes in. Unless it doesn't, in which case level up the "Unit type" your culture is proficient with.
Economy: ANYTHING BUT TRADE PRACTICES :P Well, maybe to get the port, but after that ignore it like Casey Anthony ignored her kid. Pool optional.
Culture: I would suggest Popular Customs, because relation bonuses with your vassals is a good thing. This one makes you more money, Noble customs makes you more armies, and religious customs....does other things.....probably.

Indeed, I do this.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: April 17, 2014, 07:57:24 am »

Don't forget siege warfare. Your might Viking horde isn't so mighty if it takes them all year to besiege your average castle.

Economy, don't forget improved keeps and construction.

Cultural, you may want a bit of Majesty if its cheap, and Tolerance if you're accumulating a lot of non-Norse subjects.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 1002