Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090462 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5235 on: April 10, 2014, 09:40:58 am »

Who are you trying to give it to? A courtier, family member, landed person?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: April 10, 2014, 10:15:50 am »

Anyone, really. I tried doges, counts, lord mayors, courtiers, bishops, family members, the pope, nothing works. The title just doesn't show up in the list for granting landed titles.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: April 10, 2014, 10:19:52 am »

You might be better off taking screenshots so we can actually see what's going on.

Screenshot of your character page, highlighting the ownership of the title. Screenshot of your diplomacy page. Etc.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: April 10, 2014, 10:33:35 am »

Yeah, I looked it up, apparently it's a bit of a bug. Can't give away the capital as defined in "landed_titles" of your primary republic title, even if it's not your actual capital.

Only thing I can suggest as a work-around would be editing the save-game? Change the holder of the duchy/county you want to give to the id of the person you want to give it to. You won't get the relations bonus unless you edit that too, but you'll at least be able to work-around a messed up implementation.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: April 10, 2014, 10:36:43 am »

You could create Sicily, make it your primary title then change capitals.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: April 10, 2014, 10:53:06 am »

Yeah, I looked it up, apparently it's a bit of a bug. Can't give away the capital as defined in "landed_titles" of your primary republic title, even if it's not your actual capital.

Only thing I can suggest as a work-around would be editing the save-game? Change the holder of the duchy/county you want to give to the id of the person you want to give it to. You won't get the relations bonus unless you edit that too, but you'll at least be able to work-around a messed up implementation.
Ah, thanks. My google-fu was too weak, apparently.
Of course I'm playing Ironman (won't make that mistake again). Is there a way to edit Ironman save files? I don't really care about the relations bonus at this point.

You could create Sicily, make it your primary title then change capitals.
I considered that, but then I'd have to deal with doges desiring Lotharingia. If nothing else works, I think I'll just destroy the duchy, piss off three counts, revoke their titles and give everything to one guy who can form the duchy himself.

Screenshots are probably not necessary anymore, but hey I made them, no reason to let them go to waste. For posterity or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: April 10, 2014, 10:56:01 am »

I've never played Ironman, so I don't know. Is it encrypted or something?

Edit: Ah, so it is...

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: April 10, 2014, 11:05:37 am »

Bummer. Oh well, my republic is stable enough, my vassals will just have to be angry for a while.

Thanks for helping out, everyone!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: April 11, 2014, 07:34:13 am »

I don't seem to be able to edit non-ironman savegames either any more. Did they change this? Quicksaves seem to be editable still, strangely.
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: April 11, 2014, 10:51:59 am »

What's the problem? Is it encrypted, is the file-type different, what are you opening it with/were opening it with?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: April 11, 2014, 01:26:01 pm »

Oh, yeah, I meant that they're encrypted. I've tried both Notepad and Notepad++ (not that there is much difference), and yeah, the filetype is .ck2, of course.
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: April 11, 2014, 05:46:54 pm »

Played around with Ironman mode finally. Started in 867 as Harald Fairhair, Jarl of Ostlandet. 100 years later, I'm a Viking Emperor of a Norse Scandinavia.
<snip>
Now my next goal is to raise a Viking storm and retake Zeeland and Braunschweig in the name of Odin, so that Norse's religious authority goes up enough for me to start unconverting Danish lands. My overall goal is to retain a united Norse Pagan empire and export it into EU4 as the Fylkirate. Maybe add Britain to my lands while I'm at it. And prevent Russia from ever becoming a power (already took Novgorod), and Ruthenia is still a pagan powerhouse.

Fylkirate Achieved! In the year 1001. Now to spread the runes of Odin to all of Europe before the Mongols arrive....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: April 11, 2014, 05:56:07 pm »

So anyone else try that "Shattered World" mod? The concept is intriguing (World is split into only counties, everyone gets one county) but I've found that the game starts with ZERO CBs. I mean, I guess I could go Norse and just not give any fucks about that, but I do that pretty much every game anyway, playing a Christian count is something I never do, and this gave me a nice opportunity.

Anyway, is it normal for Catholics to not have a Holy War CB on Orthodox? Because that happened.

Imma be pissed if Count Lucio has to fabricate EVERY. SINGLE. CLAIM.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: April 11, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »

Anyway, is it normal for Catholics to not have a Holy War CB on Orthodox? Because that happened.

Imma be pissed if Count Lucio has to fabricate EVERY. SINGLE. CLAIM.

Yeah, I was sorta confused and disappointed when I found that.  It's normal.  I don't know the justification... I guess they see each other as misguided, under the wrong leadership system, but fundamentally fellow real christians.  Unlike the heresies which are seen as cults or dangerously radical.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: April 11, 2014, 07:10:41 pm »

Yeah, I was sorta confused and disappointed when I found that.  It's normal.  I don't know the justification... I guess they see each other as misguided, under the wrong leadership system, but fundamentally fellow real christians.  Unlike the heresies which are seen as cults or dangerously radical.
It's a case of art imitating life- unlike sunnis and shias, Orthodox and Catholics never fought a holy war against each other in our timeline (except the sack of Constantinopole, which was a "misunderstanding"*). It was however not entirely unbelivable, and in later centuries, the Russians and Poles would quite effectively use religious differences to motivate their troops (though they didn't fight "holy" wars on each other either). To say nothing of the whole Reformation Vs. Counter-reformation mess (a schism which was on the surface no different than the "Great" one).
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 1002