Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090972 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5145 on: March 26, 2014, 03:46:23 pm »

Does the expanded map apply to existing games or only new games after the patch?

You can only play old saves if you revert to an older version through steam.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: March 26, 2014, 03:46:45 pm »

I corrected my statement above...yes the map expansion is with the free update. As for if it applies to games from the last update? No, I think they are not save compatible which means you have to roll back to the older version with the steam beta tab in the games properties

Ninja'd

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: March 26, 2014, 04:14:26 pm »

Now I really want to establish a norse Kingdom in India. Getting a port on the right side of the ocean will be hard enough I guess.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: March 26, 2014, 04:19:20 pm »

Does the expanded map apply to existing games or only new games after the patch?

You can only play old saves if you revert to an older version through steam.

Good to know. I'll have to do that so I can finish my Prydain game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: March 26, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »

I'm really enjoying Rajas of India and the little string of other DLCs that came with it. I'm still waiting for a good Persian facepack though before I play as the Zoroastrians. In the meantime I'll continue my attempts to rule the Altaic peoples from Carpathia to Kyrgyzstan as the Avar Khaganate.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: March 26, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »

Well with the new patch I decided to end my Poland campaign, a bit early and I could of just stuck with 2.04 for awhile to get further but eh, about as good a time as any to end it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Synopsis:

Started as a Count (well the Slavic version of count) in Poland before it existed, managed to rather quickly rise to Ducal level which allowed me to push to forming the Kingdom of Poland relatively quick. Sat as that for a couple generations before I randomly had a Suomenusko kid take the throne which started causing issues (As it would in a Slavic dominated land), but managed to hold together for a bit and got the "Christian pilgrims" event or something that sparked him on the path to Catholicism and he ended up converting. This pretty much got him kicked out from being king(To a Slavic Duke of my Dynasty) and I went back to being a Duke.(still Christian though) So backed off for awhile and managed to regain my strength and convert my vassals to catholic, the throne bounced around between the guy who took my throne and some Piast wanker (The Piast dynasty did not last afterwards...) a couple times before the King died and I struck.  Took the throne and quite effectively converted the rest of the nobility to Catholicism.

Being able to switch to Ultimogeniture succession with only light crown laws is overpowered as shit by the way and that really secured my Dynasty, Fuck you Gavelkind.

After getting the land firmly under Catholic (and really my King's) control it basically became a matter of picking my battles, usually with pagans.  My first campaigns were usually against the various Baltic coast Pagans which eventually allowed me to add the King of Pomerania to my repertoire of titles. Lithuania was also a big enemy, mainly due to the fact that for a good long while they weren't just the Kingdom of Lithuania but the Kingdom of Lithuania & Sweden and they certainly liked to throw this weight around in regards to Poland, rescue by Knighthood orders was required a couple times. Eventually, though, they split up (Being forced Gavelkind as Pagans tends to cause that) and I grew powerful enough to just swat them upside the head with a newspaper whenever I felt like it.

If you notice in the picture, Hungary happens to be Sejuk, I'm not entirely sure what happened there, at some point the entirety of Hungary just ended up under the Sejuks and stayed there, they never really caused a threat to me (though I imagine they would of eventually) and I didn't really poke them much (though during a rebellion I stole myself a bordering province, heh.  The whole map was pretty chaotic however except for a few factions, France was always a mess, everything east of Poland, Hungary, and Lithuania was a complete and utter mess, even after the Sejuks took a sizable chunk of it.  The Eastern Roman Empire always looked like it was losing ground to the Muslims, I think by this picture it had managed to resurge a bit. (abit with falling into complete civil war quite often IIRC)   East Francia sort of blended into the furniture I think, though it looks like they pushed a fair bit south, but they definitely did not have any sort of conflict with me however and never picked fights with the Pagans on its borders. (Which allowed me to to push west past the Elbe in places)

So yeah, fun campaign, not sure if I'm going to immediately jump into a new Campaign yet, this one had a few month break in the middle of it and only recently got back into it. (Probably could have made it to 1453 if I hadn't taken a break, but eh)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 06:34:31 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: March 26, 2014, 08:03:36 pm »

I can also confirm that achievements still work in the beta branch (assuming you are in Ironman).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: March 26, 2014, 09:18:56 pm »

Gonna try to get the "better to be emperor" achievement.

I'm thinking Norse pagan in England for the easy Britannia unification. Either that or Lithuania.

Will be kinda tough to do without loan powers for free mercs and only one character.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: March 26, 2014, 10:02:58 pm »

Gonna try to get the "better to be emperor" achievement.

I'm thinking Norse pagan in England for the easy Britannia unification. Either that or Lithuania.

Will be kinda tough to do without loan powers for free mercs and only one character.
That entire "line" of achievements is bugged currently I believe, I got it just by creating an empire title from starting as a count, but not as the character I started with.
They started to collide~

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: March 27, 2014, 01:15:45 pm »

Did rebels get worse recently? I've been playing an Indian game and all of the ai nations around me were absolutely overrun with rebels. So I took advantage and conquered vast swathes of land from my weakened neighbours. Now I'm plagued by the very same rebels, I'm always fighting at least one rebellion and I'm sometimes fighting as many as 3 at a time. The provinces that have them are generally suffering from the "religious unrest" modifier. I'm not sure how to make things better. The hindu priests seem to be pretty lousy at converting provinces.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: March 27, 2014, 01:23:50 pm »

Religious rebels don't seem to scale (down) very well for smaller nations.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: March 27, 2014, 02:36:19 pm »

There's also a bug wherein someone forgot to set the expiration time for revolt modifiers due to religious unrest, which causes them to remain permanently in a given county with entertaining consequences. 

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: March 27, 2014, 04:09:32 pm »

That explains so much about what happened to my Zoarastrian game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: March 27, 2014, 07:51:59 pm »

BAM!

I got it.

I went from count to emperor with one single character.

I used the Norse count that starts just below Britanny, invaded Ireland, and went on a ridiculous rampage with only about 2000 troops from Ireland to Scotland and into England before declaring war on my own Norse bothers. I was age 62 when I became emperor of Britannia.

Took freaking forever to get all the criteria correct. I first tried to invade Scotland and England, but with the invasion CB, they just call everyone together and you have to deal with a massive blob of units. When I took parts of Ireland one by one, I didn't have that problem. I also had to wait for the war between the other Norse and England to deplete their forces enough before I could move in with my tiny army. I couldn't spend any money because I needed to save to buy titles.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: March 27, 2014, 08:30:10 pm »

Hehe nice, Haestinin (probably misspelled) of Nantes can do just about anything. Though there's a few easier and cheaper ways to get that achievement. Like there's  a few times where a count is the heir to an empire so you can just load him up and wait for your dad to die...
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1002