Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090979 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5130 on: March 25, 2014, 05:05:18 pm »

Yeah, and don't worry too much because there are those "I don't feel x anymore" events when you have a ton of traits.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: March 25, 2014, 05:13:02 pm »

Are the song DLCs worth picking up?

Keep in mind that you'll only hear songs if your playing the culture/region that the songs are for. For example if you never played as a Muslim then Songs of the Caliphate wouldn't be very useful. I wish there was a way to enable them so you could here them regardless of who you are playing.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: March 25, 2014, 05:53:33 pm »

I was playing as a Norse (Sri) Lanka. Was going really well (captured ten or so coastal Indian counties), when I realized I forgot to mod out rebels.

I was able to survive on mercs for a decade after the religious rebels started spawning, but after a while my treasury was empty and I just had to give up. Never going to make that mistake again :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: March 25, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »

Are the song DLCs worth picking up?

Keep in mind that you'll only hear songs if your playing the culture/region that the songs are for. For example if you never played as a Muslim then Songs of the Caliphate wouldn't be very useful. I wish there was a way to enable them so you could here them regardless of who you are playing.
Couldn't you just get rid of the culture modifiers in the playlist?  Those are what are blocking the music from playing for certain cultures, and also define the probability of a certain song playing (though the only thing I can think of that uses this is the fact that DLC songs have twice the chance of base game songs of playing).  DLC is stored in zip files in the DLC folder of your Steam install path - you can extract these, dump them in a homebuilt mod, open up the txt files (the playlists), delete the particular modifiers that modify the chance to 0%, and run that mod instead of the separate DLC.  Alternately, depending on how and when Steam validates, you might be able to edit the DLC files directly. 

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: March 25, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »

Since the DLCs are $12, I'm thinking about picking them up. Are they worth it?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: March 26, 2014, 01:00:10 pm »

So, my fellow Alexanders of bay12. What is it like?
Love, scriver~

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:09 pm »

Decadency works properly now :D

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: March 26, 2014, 01:21:34 pm »

Since the DLCs are $12, I'm thinking about picking them up. Are they worth it?

Generally speaking, yeah, more DLC is better for this game. Sunset invasion is rather optional, though, since it involves an Alternate History bit where the Aztecs invade form the West to balance out the Mongols from the East. Whether or not you'd enjoy that depends on your personal tastes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: March 26, 2014, 01:44:38 pm »

Definitely.  If the majority of the following features sound interesting to you, it may be worth springing for the relevant DLCs; if you'll never use them, then you can safely skip them (for instance, if you never want to play a Muslim or patrician).  Oh, but if you're talking about the $12.50 pack instead of separate purchases, the last three (Old Gods, Sons, Rajas) aren't in the bundle.  I have no idea what the point of an incomplete bundle is, but...

Sword of Islam: Play Muslims (especially now that Decadence has been fixed).
The Republic: Play republics.
Legacy of Rome: Retinues (standing armies), new events for Byzantines
Sunset Invasion: New invasion events to threaten Western nations, analogous to Mongols in the East.
The Old Gods: Play pagans and Zoroastrians.  New start date (867).
Sons of Abraham: Play Jews.  New religious options, including "mainstreaming" heresies (that is, for example, making Cathars the main faith and Catholics a heresy).
Rajas of India: Play the Indian religions (Jain, Hindu, Buddhist). 

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:49 pm »

It also roughly doubles the map size (into india mostly...comes free regardless). It lets you play as the Indians (not just the religions) which have a little more unique interactions between religion and the people than most others have with a caste system (which only applies to Hinduism)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:44:06 pm by dennislp3 »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: March 26, 2014, 03:39:45 pm »

The DLC doesn't double the map, you can get that without needing the DLC.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: March 26, 2014, 03:40:00 pm »

It also roughly doubles the map size (into india mostly). It lets you play as the Indians (not just the religions) which have a little more unique interactions between religion and the people than most others have with a caste system (which only applies to Hinduism)
I was under the impression that was true even if you don't pick up the expansion pack, as long as you patch to the latest version, for the sake of multiplayer compatibility.

EDIT: Ah, as above. ^_^

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: March 26, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »

Does the expanded map apply to existing games or only new games after the patch?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: March 26, 2014, 03:44:53 pm »

Does the expanded map apply to existing games or only new games after the patch?
New games are mandatory.  Since old saves are incompatible due to the map expansion, I don't believe you will be able to load existing saves at all after patching.  I turned off auto-patching in advance due to this, but for people who already patched automatically and want to revert, they can instruct Steam to roll back their game version.  It's available under the Beta tab in the game properties. 
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 1002