Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091212 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #5040 on: February 23, 2014, 12:54:02 pm »

Going to form the Scandinavian Empire really soon. The question is, should I make king vassals or just keep the 60+ vassals under my direct control?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: February 23, 2014, 01:08:11 pm »

Kings are easier to control because you only have one person to make happy, but if you fail in doing that they're more powerful and are a little more difficult if they rebel.

They have a stronger base in order to expand your realm with, but that's a double-edged sword because they could grow more powerful than you through it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: February 23, 2014, 03:28:19 pm »

I find midlevel (above count, not me) vassals to be almost unambigiously a bad thing.  Each level of vassal in between you and your realm's delicious income will cut your taxes for that area by typically more than half, and your levies by a smaller but still decent amount.  And that's if they manage their vassals properly.  If they suck at managing their vassals you could see your income and levies drop even further.

The only exception is vassals who own most of the land within their duchy/kingdom, but that's asking for trouble in a different way.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: February 23, 2014, 10:19:40 pm »

I'm not a fan of micromanaging so I always end up with king vassals. By that point in the game it doesn't matter if I'm not making as much money or have access to as many levies because the game gets to be rather easy when you've gotten that big.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: February 23, 2014, 11:08:28 pm »

This game puts me in the TBS/rougelike mindset of making every move perfect because I have infinite time to think.  That's probably why I've never finished a game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: February 23, 2014, 11:42:04 pm »

I know there's a way to convert a feudal monarchy into a merchant republic, but I'll be damned if I remember how to do it. I'd like to do a republic playthrough that isn't Venice or Genoa or whatever at the 867 start, so can anyone enlighten me?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: February 23, 2014, 11:55:26 pm »

You need to give a duchy to a county mayor, on the coast, either in-game or via save-game editing.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: February 23, 2014, 11:59:17 pm »

You need to give a duchy to a county mayor, on the coast, either in-game or via save-game editing.

No, I mean the player's realm. Say, for example, you start as Ivar the Boneless. How would you go about making him Serene Doge Ivar the Boneless?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: February 24, 2014, 12:27:14 am »

If it doesn't disinherit him, try making your son a Doge by giving him a duchy with a harbour. Then when you die, you should begin being a merchant republic?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: February 24, 2014, 12:30:43 am »

If it doesn't disinherit him, try making your son a Doge by giving him a duchy with a harbour. Then when you die, you should begin being a merchant republic?

I tested it out, and it looks like you can't grant your son titles once you give him a city.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: February 24, 2014, 12:37:52 am »

I tested it out, and it looks like you can't grant your son titles once you give him a city.
I'm pretty sure both sides of that are hard-coded against for whatever reason.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: February 24, 2014, 12:41:30 am »

I'm pretty sure both sides of that are hard-coded against for whatever reason.

I thought I remembered seeing a guide on how to do it somewhere, so unless it got patched out...

I think it had something to do with owning a city somewhere and then losing your capital, but I can't remember the specifics.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: February 24, 2014, 12:47:45 am »

Try taking a city from a baron in your home province and then giving away all your castle-holdings.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: February 24, 2014, 05:57:24 am »

You can't give away your highest primary title.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: February 24, 2014, 07:29:23 am »

He didn't say "highest primary title" he said "castle holding".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 1002