Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091331 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4980 on: February 14, 2014, 03:44:05 pm »

You can try to split them up, but with a large enough empire, I guarantee the various lords will unify their powers eventually. Even if you don't want to make any duchies, the counts themselves can create them if they're powerful enough... and they will.

With higher crown authority, vassals won't be able to get so powerful, except through marriage.  At Medium, they can't war with one another, and you can yank titles from infidels and heretics for free.  At High, titles are only passable within realm (can't lose land due to inheritance, but it still allows a mega marriage block to form within your kingdom/empire).  At Absolute, vassals can't go to war (so they can't get bigger by taking more land from those outside the kingdom).

Of course, after the first generation who loves you for the land dies, and you yourself die, your new ruler will have practically everyone join together to overthrow you at Absolute because they hate you so much, lol.  With the factions system, all those one province counts can add up.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: February 14, 2014, 03:52:02 pm »

And a new bastard.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: February 14, 2014, 05:04:59 pm »

And a new bastard.
Half-Man, Half-Caffeine, All-Awesome

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: February 14, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »

EVERY TIME I SEE THAT IMAGE I THINK IT SAYS WASHING MACHINE
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: February 14, 2014, 11:51:11 pm »

Well, the Mongols are here. I have several times the number of troops, but the fact that they suffer thousands of losses just by marching to the frontline while they can sit on my provinces with their doomstacks suffering no attrition whatsoever really irks me.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: February 15, 2014, 12:14:55 am »

Well, the Mongols are here. I have several times the number of troops, but the fact that they suffer thousands of losses just by marching to the frontline while they can sit on my provinces with their doomstacks suffering no attrition whatsoever really irks me.
That's what I said would happen. :P

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: February 15, 2014, 12:26:50 am »

Either way, I just won, so all I have to worry about for a while is the second horde. In the meantime, I know how and why I would switch back to feudalism, but what I'd really like to know is whether it would be worth it. Only the steppes, Khiva, and most of Baghdad/Tigris are Zoroastrian at the moment, and I suffer constant Sunni/Miaphysite uprisings. Would you do it in my situation?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: February 15, 2014, 12:27:55 am »

argh stupid 504 errors making me refresh and doublepost

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: February 15, 2014, 12:51:52 am »

Either way, I just won, so all I have to worry about for a while is the second horde. In the meantime, I know how and why I would switch back to feudalism, but what I'd really like to know is whether it would be worth it. Only the steppes, Khiva, and most of Baghdad/Tigris are Zoroastrian at the moment, and I suffer constant Sunni/Miaphysite uprisings. Would you do it in my situation?
Dunno.

I don't see the point of metagaming the game so hard as like I mentioned, I think it takes all the fun out of it.

So I wouldn't be in your situation. I'd be playing political tetris with several dozen dukes. If all you care about is just conquering things then I'd say just do as you're currently doing. You can't really lose when there aren't any major rebels to worry about.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: February 15, 2014, 05:51:50 am »

Actually, having more vassals is great for converting your realm, because each of yours vassal got a court chaplain.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: February 15, 2014, 08:39:22 am »

Sheb is correct. Short of going back to regs Feudalism, I'd just say deal with the revolts as they come.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: February 15, 2014, 05:08:53 pm »

The only vassals that can convert are counts and above. He currently only has baron-tier vassals.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: February 15, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »

The only vassals that can convert are counts and above. He currently only has baron-tier vassals.

Yep. We're providing reasons to go back to regs feudalism. :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: February 15, 2014, 08:26:18 pm »

Someone needs to make a mod that makes adventurers attack you if you're NKing (f.e. you could get an extra 10% chance per holding you are over demense limit with- negligible when you get a bad ruler in regular play, but very noticeable if you're the dicktator of a whole empire.) With a special war title, natch.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: February 15, 2014, 09:28:45 pm »

Host armies just seem like an idiotic thing to add to the game. Why the hell would anyone be capable of gathering enough mercenaries to rival an entire empire's army that don't want to be paid? And it's always a rival to your army. Never more never less. You either get slaughtered by it or exploit it for massive amounts of money.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1002