Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091409 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4920 on: January 24, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »

Turn off updates, then. Do it now. They could patch at any time.

Even if it does get updated, it's not the end of the world. You can revert to earlier versions in Steam, I don't remember the exact steps though.
You need to right click the namem go into the beta options, then select the update you want.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: January 25, 2014, 04:46:17 pm »

What is up with this Lux Invicta playthrough?

Start with a dude that goes by the name of Kolli. Kolli had decent stats, but nothing good. Over a couple of years, the court priest saw a crapton of good omens, giving a ton of stats and traits. The dude was a proper Prophet though, cause Kollis firstborn son was born a genius, and over time was raised to have 24 diplomacy. Kolli then holy wars a nearby duke, who is exactly as big as him, and wins easily. But then disaster strikes. Right before his death, the Prophet predicted doom, and Kolli went crazy. And that prophecy came true as well, as with the victory in the holy war, Kolli inherited a different war. In an attempt to not lose a county, Kolli attacked the enemy army. In the battle, Kollis army gets destroyed, and Kolli gets maimed. He dies shortly after the 16th birthday of his son.

Son has to sit around with negative authority for a while. As a coincidence, while surveying the realm to boost my authority, he teaches a village to fight bandits, and wins an awesome battle, netting him a whole 5 authority, which happened to just enough to push authority of the threshold and greet me with a cheerful message that he is no longer disrespected.

Then disaster strikes again. The same guy as before declares another war. I still hadn't regained enough troops to fight, so I had to surrender. Son becomes a lunatic shortly afterwards. And yet the luck doesn't stop for him either, his good stats give him a lot of authority, and after a lot of completely normal daughters, his first born son is both a genius and has a powerful voice.

So basically, a short line of rulers that go crazy at the first sign of trouble, but win the genetic lottery with every generation.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: January 26, 2014, 05:26:52 am »

They're obviously Crazy Geniuses.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4923 on: January 26, 2014, 05:07:15 pm »

Interesting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Note the sea zones. I wonder if there's a Suez Canal or if Paradox made the game/AI understand that two separate bodies of water is possible.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: January 26, 2014, 05:22:16 pm »

They will probably just let you go over the Suez, claiming you ported the boat over.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: January 27, 2014, 10:04:06 am »

What was the problem with several bodies of water though? I found it kinda cheap that you could only get ships into the Caspian sea if you were a viking.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: January 27, 2014, 10:17:35 am »

What was the problem with several bodies of water though? I found it kinda cheap that you could only get ships into the Caspian sea if you were a viking.
When I played Umbra Spherea (adds Asia but (back then) no Suez), European AI Merchant Republics built trade zones all over Indonesia. Somehow...

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: January 27, 2014, 12:28:50 pm »

Lovely, lovely. This will be fun. Ooh, the EUIV Converter will probably start converting India as well, that'll be interesting.

I wonder if they're trying to make the mega-campaign (play the same game from CK to HoI) an official thing.  The Aztec Invasion DLC lays the groundwork for adding the New World to CK 2.  Since its alternate history they can make it as feudal as they want.  If they extended the map a bit to the south and east and added Japan (and China?) in another expansion, they'd have the vast majority of the Earth's land as convertable to EU 4.  Then they'd just need the Vicky and Hearts of Iron converters and they'd be done.

Well, I guess if they were really dedicated they'd have to start adding events for countries that can't exist without converted games, like Zoroastrian events in EU 4.  Really they could go as deep as they wanted if they were going to go down this path.

There's also the question of how interested people would be in this, given that the games very roughly become less popular the later in history they are.  Also the EU 4 converter wasn't that great, it didn't maintain wars for example.

Or they could just stop messing around and go for a 2000BC-2000AD Paradox Grand strategy Game :D

edit : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?750546-Rajas-of-india/page11 I'm amazed at all the bullshit the devellopers are putting up with. Seems like half the DLC they make triggers a tsunami of rabid anal fans claiming it's "not *?* enough", or "unrelated to *?*", or "ahistorical", and whatnot.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:33:04 pm by casserol »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: January 27, 2014, 01:05:49 pm »

The best complaint I saw went something like 'Well, Paradox has always been horribly Eurocentric, that's why they shouldn't make a DLC outside Europe'.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: January 27, 2014, 01:13:07 pm »

Paradox knows that there fanboys are a bunch of little shits. They listened to them once, releasing CKII on GamersGate as well as Steam due to "a huge forum demand" and guess what? >5% of the sales were on GamersGate. They must know listening to the forums is listening to a loud minority (the fanboys) of a minority (the forumgoers). The only people the forums really represent is the modding community.

Frankly, I don't even know why the Paradox staff is so active on the forums. Thor knows it doesn't deserve it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:16:32 pm by Dutchling »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: January 27, 2014, 01:15:22 pm »

Probably PR. "The developers really care about their fanbase, they're so active on the forums!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: January 27, 2014, 01:18:40 pm »

They are great with the modding community though. I don't know of any other games that add more modding support with every patch.

I mean, they created a (before then impossible to mod) trait solely for the Taragryan dynasty in the A Game Of Thrones mod.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4932 on: January 27, 2014, 02:35:02 pm »

They became tyrannical dicks though regarding theocracy vassal limits.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:45 pm »

Yeah that was kinda silly.

I just assume that's EUIV's horrible "balance" design leaking into CKII :/

Speaking of silliness
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:16:34 pm by Dutchling »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: January 31, 2014, 08:53:28 pm »

I kind of fell off this game for a bit after my child-king of Baltic Lithuania accidentally converted to Norse, but now I'm hard-set on restoring the Zoroastrian religion to its former glory, and beyond. However, I don't really know where to go from here. I can't holy war the Saffarids for Birjand, the source of their power, because of those pesky Samanids getting in the way. I have a truce with them, and by the time it ends, the Saffarids will almost certainly have conquered most of Persia. I can't let them grow too powerful, because they will inevitably stomp all over me if I do.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1002