Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091438 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4905 on: January 23, 2014, 08:53:43 am »

They had that teaser around Christmas time with the elephant, and there has been a lot of speculation on the Pdox forums that the next expansion would be one about India, so it might very well be that.

Hannibal crossed the Alps with elephants to attack the Romans!

CKII: Rome!

I think that'd be my favourite alternate setting... But I don't think it is likely :P

Ever played Europa Universalis: Rome? That's basically CKII: Rome already. It's very unpolished, though, but it was a gem of a game if you could stand the flaws.
Love, scriver~

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: January 23, 2014, 09:36:56 am »

I've never played it, but I've heard a lot about it. It seems like one game that the Paradox community really wants to see again but the devs have stated they aren't currently working on it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: January 23, 2014, 10:57:17 am »

I've never played it, but I've heard a lot about it. It seems like one game that the Paradox community really wants to see again but the devs have stated they aren't currently working on it.

I think it's because EU:Rome did not sell well, so making another one doesn't justify the costs involved.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: January 23, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

Well, it looks like it is an India expansion for Crusader Kings after all.

From twitter:

#pdxcon CK2 RAJAS OF INDIA -- map expanding to cover India!  50% larger. 300+ provinces.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: January 23, 2014, 11:27:24 am »

From twitter:

#pdxcon CK2 RAJAS OF INDIA -- map expanding to cover India!  50% larger. 300+ provinces.

So both EU4 and CK2 are getting an india expansion then. This will be intresting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: January 23, 2014, 11:30:00 am »

Pdox gonna be maaaaaaad. "We'll tell you next week!"

*2 days later* "Lol it's india guiz"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: January 23, 2014, 11:46:41 am »

Lovely, lovely. This will be fun. Ooh, the EUIV Converter will probably start converting India as well, that'll be interesting.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: January 23, 2014, 11:47:39 am »

From twitter:

So both EU4 and CK2 are getting an india expansion then. This will be intresting.

Pretty decent planning, I suppose, what with game converters and such. I really hope it won't grind the game to a halt with it's new size, though...

Pdox gonna be maaaaaaad. "We'll tell you next week!"

*2 days later* "Lol it's india guiz"

Ehr... Sweden has a different week system than you, you know :P
Love, scriver~

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: January 23, 2014, 12:08:47 pm »

I knew India was going to be added sooner or later. It's basically the only other place (excluding Japan) where the current feudal system can work. I suppose the biggest issue is whether 1066 is an interesting period for India. I think there were some Hindu theocracies kicking around but I suppose Hindus might play like Muslims where they can own a temple without penalty thus not needing theocracies in the first place.

I don't think the caste system will be fleshed out (or that it has to be). You really only need the landed Brahmins, some unlandable Kshatriyas courtiers with high military skill spawned by event, maybe some Vaishyas courtiers (or mayors) with high stewardship and the rest can be referenced by events and possibly renamed peasant revolts.

Also Announced:
Paradox Viking RPG, Runemaster (that looks a bit like HOMM)
Hearts of Iron 4 (because you can't possibly ever get sick of WW2 games...)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:22:15 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: January 23, 2014, 12:28:59 pm »

As far as interesting, in 1066 the Chola dynasty still rules from the south, but the Western Chalukya are soon to enter the ascendancy, and the wars between the two will weaken both powers sufficiently to eventually result in a massive power vacuum.  In the lower Gangetic Plain to the north, the Pala are starting their slow and inexorable decline, and with them will start the decline of Buddhism in India that will finally conclude with the Muslim invasions a century later.  There will probably be some interesting possibilities here. 

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: January 23, 2014, 11:54:27 pm »

Lovely, lovely. This will be fun. Ooh, the EUIV Converter will probably start converting India as well, that'll be interesting.

I wonder if they're trying to make the mega-campaign (play the same game from CK to HoI) an official thing.  The Aztec Invasion DLC lays the groundwork for adding the New World to CK 2.  Since its alternate history they can make it as feudal as they want.  If they extended the map a bit to the south and east and added Japan (and China?) in another expansion, they'd have the vast majority of the Earth's land as convertable to EU 4.  Then they'd just need the Vicky and Hearts of Iron converters and they'd be done.

Well, I guess if they were really dedicated they'd have to start adding events for countries that can't exist without converted games, like Zoroastrian events in EU 4.  Really they could go as deep as they wanted if they were going to go down this path.

There's also the question of how interested people would be in this, given that the games very roughly become less popular the later in history they are.  Also the EU 4 converter wasn't that great, it didn't maintain wars for example.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: January 24, 2014, 12:06:22 am »

I wouldn't say that. Each game that came out since Victoria 2 was the most popular at that time. And the only one of the three from before (Victoria 1, Crusader Kings 1, and EU3) that had much of a broad fanbase was EU3. Vicky and CK1 were both fairly small fanbases.

HoI3 was a bit of a flop but it was before they got their act together with Vicky2 and so didn't harm their launch as much.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: January 24, 2014, 06:19:24 pm »

From twitter:

Fuck.  I can barely get CK2 to work as it is.  Add another subcontinent, and good bye any sense of playability on my laptop.

Yes, I'm aware that this is an expansion which I don't have to buy.  However, I'm also aware that Paradox implements expansions by adding the content to the base game but locking the player out who doesn't purchase the DLC.  Hence, whatever update comes out with the expansion is gonna expand my map and crash my computer.

Maybe I'm overexaggerating.  I had the Elder Kings mod going once, and that map was much larger.  Maybe it won't have that much effect on my playability.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: January 24, 2014, 06:25:09 pm »

Turn off updates, then. Do it now. They could patch at any time.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: January 24, 2014, 07:12:13 pm »

Turn off updates, then. Do it now. They could patch at any time.

Even if it does get updated, it's not the end of the world. You can revert to earlier versions in Steam, I don't remember the exact steps though.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1002