Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091487 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4860 on: January 19, 2014, 09:34:02 pm »

Get them killed off in battle?  :P

First thing I did.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: January 20, 2014, 10:56:22 am »

Speaking of Holy Orders, I was able to defend against the Abbassid caliphate and Saffarid shahdom in a holy war mostly by myself with them while my liege took the war to them. Joining the Byzantines and converting to catholicism seems to have been a good choice for Georgia actually.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: January 20, 2014, 10:58:53 am »

Here's an interesting question I'm wrestling with... I am the Kingdom of Wales, slowly gobbling up land on the Isles as I work towards Britannia. I am getting close to the point in time when I could create Ireland, but I'm not sure if I should.

Here's my thinking:

Pros
Casus Belli against rest of Ireland
More prestige
Quicker, cheaper conquest

Cons
All new vassals will not be proper Welsh, leading to "foreign" relations penalties in some cases... plus I won't be able to flip their culture as quickly
These new vassals will desire the Kingdom title
More factions... I hate factions
No de Jure drift into Kingdom of Wales, so I'll have to destroy it eventually and piss a lot of people off if I want to incorporate those counties (which I do)

Wanted to get everyone's thoughts, but having written it out, I think I'd be best off not creating the titles. Slow and steady wins the race, I suppose.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: January 20, 2014, 11:01:30 am »

I'd say create only it if you feel like you have no other way to expand then using the kingdom-de jure CBs. And once you no longer need it destroy it.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: January 20, 2014, 11:13:44 am »

One thing to keep in mind also is the formation of the empire title, which may or may not mandate having multiple kingdom titles. If you totally wipe out Ireland then you'd be in a pickle if it required you be king of Ireland.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:08 am »

Nah, it'll become a titular title which you can create if you hold it's (no longer de jure) capital.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: January 21, 2014, 12:24:15 am »

It's still not cheap to recreate a kingdom title.  Look up the requirements to creating your preferred Empire title and go from there.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: January 21, 2014, 03:40:36 am »

Well I messed up, I now have an orthodox greek ruler and I nee her to be a castillian catholic one. I tried making all my councilors catholic and married a catholic guy, but no luck on events that I assume don't even exist. You would think that you would be allowed to change your own religion seeing as how people will do it just be asking them.

And if that fails I have also gotten myself an orthodox son (having a christian tech him his entire life did nothing apparently) and I need to get him removed to make way for my genius, well skilled, correctly educated daughter. I have settled on attempting to imprisoning him and executing him when it looks like my current ruler will die, but obviously lots of things can go wrong with that. And I cannot excommunicate him.

So, anyone have solutions to my problems?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: January 21, 2014, 03:49:34 am »

Having a plot to assassinate your son is usually wildly successful if they're still younger than 16.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: January 21, 2014, 03:57:39 am »

Having a plot to assassinate your son is usually wildly successful if they're still younger than 16.
You can't plot to assassinate your own children.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: January 21, 2014, 08:25:28 am »

Sure you can.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: January 21, 2014, 08:55:16 am »

Sure you can.

If you love them (I think +75 and over?) your character won't be able to bring himself to do it. If you don't like them that much though, it's very possible.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: January 21, 2014, 11:29:33 am »

It's possible to HAVE relations of +75 for someone else? I always have negative feelings for almost everyone. I never really checked that though. Who cares if I hate everything about them as long as they're not out to kill me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: January 21, 2014, 12:46:07 pm »

Doing another run as Ivar the Boneless. His reign went quite well, with me conquering most of scotland and some of Northern England and him taking the title of King of Skotland.

After his death I had the usual bloodbath as all of his surviving sons fought one another trying to take the throne while the few Catholic vassals I had rebelled. Unfortunately the strong Heir I had set up died in battle (well, got incapacitated and died a few months later) and his heir was just not good enough to hold on so I relinquished the crown to one of Ivar's sons. Ivar's son from the West African Queen I had him marry for kicks. He didn't last long before being deposed, but for a short while there scotland had a viking/african king. For some reason I got a kick out of that.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: January 21, 2014, 01:34:20 pm »

I literally can not form the Kingdom of Poland as the legendary High Chief Piast, and then make the kingdom live longer than 50 years. It's always:
- a shitty ruler
- a ruler with non-slavic religion
- an independence faction
- Novogrod declaring war over me along with the Kingdom of Lithuania

I'm just gonna play as Scots, thanks...
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 1002