Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091536 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4845 on: January 18, 2014, 01:43:40 pm »

I know about the health number itself, I'm just curious if the weak/strength traits themselves have a built in death chance modifier. There's a special death message for being weak and dying at an unnatural age, so I'd figure there's something there. Or that's just what it defaults to when someone dies with weakness.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: January 18, 2014, 01:44:56 pm »

I know if you're weak you are more likely to die from 'Lack of fitness' so maybe there's a hidden +/- to death chance on them as well? Atleast aside from the on-the-tin +/- 1 to health.
Weak reduces your health. When you randomly die (as in, a combination of your health and the RNG) the game blames the trait with the worst health penalty if you have any. This is why you die of lack of fitness when you have the weak trait. It's not something the Weak trait does of it's own, it's just it's -1 health effect. This is also why you hardly ever die due to sickness: having -2 health for a few months isn't that much of a problem.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: January 18, 2014, 01:47:37 pm »

I wonder exactly how it works. I swear I regularly get age 80 characters if they have strength and aren't constantly fighting, probably just an unfair health stat being carried over making my dynasties near immortal all the time. Gets pretty annoying when your rulers regularly live to 60+, leaving a 40+ heir with 20+ sub-heir with shitty kids already >>
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: January 18, 2014, 01:49:16 pm »

I wonder exactly how it works. I swear I regularly get age 80 characters if they have strength and aren't constantly fighting, probably just an unfair health stat being carried over making my dynasties near immortal all the time. Gets pretty annoying when your rulers regularly live to 60+, leaving a 40+ heir with 20+ sub-heir with shitty kids already >>
This is why I tend to play with ultimogeniture succession and focus on my youngest dynasty members as opposed to my older members

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: January 18, 2014, 02:17:51 pm »

The first version of the Middle-Earth/Lord Of The Rings mod is out...pretty bare and unfinished but certainly has a lot of work put into it.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?665444-Mod-Middle-Earth-Project

I just had a game where Boromir captured Sauron in battle during the fight for East Osgiliath.  A quick excecution later and Boromir is off to the Council of Elrond to deliver the good news that everyone can stop worrying.  He must have arrived late though because the fellowship set off anyway.  They'll be in for a big surprise when they arrive.  After Sauron died, Morder was ruled by the head Nazgul who died of extreme old age almost immediately without Sauron's magic.  Said Nazgul had a son who was Numorian and decided that he wanted to be a good guy.  So the Fellowship is going to show up in a Morder that will great them with open gates and a shrug of indifference.  There they will go to meet King Abrazor and his wife, a giant pit of lava.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: January 18, 2014, 05:50:31 pm »

I just had a game where Boromir captured Sauron in battle during the fight for East Osgiliath.  A quick excecution later and Boromir is off to the Council of Elrond to deliver the good news that everyone can stop worrying.  He must have arrived late though because the fellowship set off anyway.  They'll be in for a big surprise when they arrive.  After Sauron died, Morder was ruled by the head Nazgul who died of extreme old age almost immediately without Sauron's magic.  Said Nazgul had a son who was Numorian and decided that he wanted to be a good guy.  So the Fellowship is going to show up in a Morder that will great them with open gates and a shrug of indifference.  There they will go to meet King Abrazor and his wife, a giant pit of lava.
That sounds fucking AWESOME :D
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: January 18, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »

Yeah in my game I was playing as Sarumon and I subjegated all of Rohan and started to slowly imprison and banish everyone...I think I got an average of about 175+ gold per banishment...and I banished about 100 people. I am pretty rich needless to say.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: January 18, 2014, 06:19:45 pm »

First played a game as Thranduil where I cleared Mirkwood of spiders, was invaded by Dol Guldur, and managed to win against an army of ~25k by disbanding my ~2k elves and letting them wear themselves down before engaging and winning while ridiculously outnumbered. After Dol Guldur lost the fellowship apparently succeeded, and I took southern mirkwood from Rhun which apparently inherited it. Later I decided to join the forces of evil and married a creature of melkor, who gave birth to a half-orc half-elf abomination. I murdered Legolas so it would be my heir, and murdered my grandfather Cirdan the shipwright making me high king of elves.
Next game I played as Frodo, and after reaching Mordor Sauron took Minas Tirith and basically the entire eastern half of Gondor. I later received a message along the lines of "because sauron has retrieved the ring, the fellowship is disbanded!" and looked and saw that Sauron did indeed have the one ring. Strangely, I also had the one ring. Kind of defeats the meaning of "one" doesn't it? After that the elves apparently united under Elrond though mirkwood had fallen, and I watched Isengard blob a bit and gondor turn orkish.
Interesting mod, pretty fun so far.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: January 18, 2014, 08:01:20 pm »

So basically its LOTR if the good guys never got the message that they were banding together to fight evil.  Nice.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: January 18, 2014, 09:00:40 pm »

Well to be fair they were never really working together until after the battle at Helms Deep (or during if you consider the elves showing up as a sign of them finally working together) but yes. Also the elves are really powerful...which I think is nice

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: January 18, 2014, 09:05:04 pm »

So we're getting Lord of the Rings as written by George RR Martin, in a game that has been described as "A Game of Thrones the video game"... and which has an A Song of Ice and Fire game mod.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: January 19, 2014, 06:41:06 am »

Huh.... The holy order I hired seems to have become normal mercenaries that can fight anyone that I CANNOT DISMISS.

They sucked all my money away  >:(

What the hell just happened and how to I fix/stop it?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: January 19, 2014, 01:57:08 pm »

Get them killed off in battle?  :P

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: January 19, 2014, 02:15:34 pm »

Thats what I was gonna suggest...use them as your main force in any war (or wars) until they dwindle to nothing

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: January 19, 2014, 02:21:29 pm »

Thats what I was gonna suggest...use them as your main force in any war (or wars) until they dwindle to nothing

They will probably declare war on you if you go on negative money. Send them to some remote island and leave them there, if you can't afford doing war with them until they're destroyed for some reason.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1002