Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091537 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4830 on: January 17, 2014, 09:40:37 am »

When I make a character, I try to put his base health up high, first and foremost, just so that his kids don't inherit crappy health. Everything else will go away when he dies, even (usually) genetic traits, so it's really the only thing that matters.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: January 17, 2014, 11:55:01 pm »

I'm noticing that everyone seems to have higher levy's and garrisons then me, but I can't figure out why. Also cannot figure out why newly formed 2 province Navarra has a levy of over 6000  :o

How do I get this type of firepower?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: January 18, 2014, 02:29:45 am »

I'm noticing that everyone seems to have higher levy's and garrisons then me, but I can't figure out why. Also cannot figure out why newly formed 2 province Navarra has a levy of over 6000  :o

How do I get this type of firepower?
Upgrade your settlements. Click on the image of the castle and buy barracks and keeps and stuff like that.

Also take out loans and hire mercenaries.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: January 18, 2014, 02:57:56 am »

Your levy is based on your vassals' opinions.  0 or less means they're giving the minimum according to your crown authority.  It confused me for a while because -100 to 0 determines the tax income, but 0 to +100 determines the levies.  100 opinion gives you the full levy (adjusted by the "feudal levies" or appropriate law) while 0 opinion gets you the full tax income (again adjusted by taxation law).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: January 18, 2014, 05:31:30 am »

Also your martial skill has an effect on the number of troops you can have from your demesne

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: January 18, 2014, 08:07:22 am »

Also, at 1066 start at least, most counties in Christian Spain has several castle holdings in them.
Love, scriver~

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: January 18, 2014, 09:42:28 am »

afaik all but a handful of counties have castles as main holdings

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: January 18, 2014, 09:58:06 am »

I just got injured in a battle my guy wasn't leading.... Wtf?

Also, thanks for the info guys, even pouring over hundreds of youtube videos isn't enough to cover everything in this game.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: January 18, 2014, 09:59:28 am »

I just got injured in a battle my guy wasn't leading.... Wtf?

Also, thanks for the info guys, even pouring over hundreds of youtube videos isn't enough to cover everything in this game.
Not only flanks have leaders, but every single levy unit that is part of a flank can have leaders too. I'm not even sure if they serve a purpose, other than dying.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: January 18, 2014, 11:30:27 am »

So what do I do? always disband the levy that has my king in it?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: January 18, 2014, 11:37:18 am »

The first version of the Middle-Earth/Lord Of The Rings mod is out...pretty bare and unfinished but certainly has a lot of work put into it.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?665444-Mod-Middle-Earth-Project

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: January 18, 2014, 01:19:23 pm »

Or you could promote the levy that your king is in to the leading levy on that flank and then change the leader and resign your leader.

Failing that, yes, disbanding the levy can do it. Do note that if you ever raise your personal levies again though your king will join them again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: January 18, 2014, 01:29:04 pm »

Its easier to just promote your king to the flank leader then resign them, once you've raised all the levies from your land you want, atleast. No need to worry about your king being at the head of your vassal levies by default.

I'm also wondering if the "Strength" trait adds life expectancy itself or if its the +1 to health that ends up invariably adding 25+ years to their lifespans. I know if you're weak you are more likely to die from 'Lack of fitness' so maybe there's a hidden +/- to death chance on them as well? Atleast aside from the on-the-tin +/- 1 to health.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:30:42 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: January 18, 2014, 01:33:43 pm »

What Mict says is the fastest way, but you can change the leader of individual levies (and resign your ruler from them) by clicking on the organize army button. Which is an arrow that points to the right near the top of the army info screen thing when you select the army.

Note that if you are a vassal your liege will frequently make you lead armies or your liege levies. My least favorite thing about being a vassal.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: January 18, 2014, 01:35:13 pm »

Its easier to just promote your king to the flank leader then resign them, once you've raised all the levies from your land you want, atleast. No need to worry about your king being at the head of your vassal levies by default.

I'm also wondering if the "Strength" trait adds life expectancy itself or if its the +1 to health that ends up invariably adding 25+ years to their lifespans. I know if you're weak you are more likely to die from 'Lack of fitness' so maybe there's a hidden +/- to death chance on them as well? Atleast aside from the on-the-tin +/- 1 to health.

+health does increase lifespan. I dont know the exact function of it but it seems to be like a monthly or daily or weekly check of different health factors against your characters base age to determine if you live or die.

There is of course always a random factor in it too
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 1002