Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091770 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4695 on: December 28, 2013, 08:45:31 pm »

What name? King-bishop? Yup. She was a Prince-Bishop of Catalyud (not a Princess-Bishop mind you) and then became... This upon winning the Papacy.

Needless to say, all of my Prince-Bishops are now female, I'm hoping to pack the Curia with women.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: December 28, 2013, 08:55:26 pm »

Anyone interested in doing some MP? I recently got this game, and have been having some fun, mostly messing around in Spain to start.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: December 28, 2013, 09:29:25 pm »

I would like to do some MP games but I am only available after 8pm (Central) in any reliable manner.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: December 28, 2013, 11:21:37 pm »

I'd be up for playing multiplayer with anybody, but I live in Australia so it'd be pretty impossible unless you lived in Australia as well (with latency over 100 or so, the game is capped at the slowest speed possible and frequently stutters to let everyone catch up).
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: December 28, 2013, 11:29:34 pm »

What name? King-bishop? Yup. She was a Prince-Bishop of Catalyud (not a Princess-Bishop mind you) and then became... This upon winning the Papacy.

Needless to say, all of my Prince-Bishops are now female, I'm hoping to pack the Curia with women.

Rather, I meant her papal name. Was her name always Giuditta?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: December 29, 2013, 03:01:06 am »

Yes, she always was Giuditta. Sexist Church only has male name in stock it seems.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: December 30, 2013, 10:06:35 am »

I just finished a massive game from 867 to 1413, during which I went from east francia to the holy roman empire to all of germany and france. I had read about those save game converters, and I wanted a massive marathon game from CK2 to EU4. 50+ hours later I'm in EU4.

I spent the last 50 or so years of CK2 installing german, catholic kings and rulers in the various places that were still pagan (British Isles, Scandinavia) and propped up Italy and Castille due to them being my dynasty. It was like the whole world was mine, it was a Karling world. But old ties fell apart, and the nation-states of EU4 are not as respectful of dynasty as the feudal kingdoms of old. Who would think that the medieval era could be the time of relative peace! At least German is an accepted culture in nearly every major kingdom west of Bohemia, it reminds me of the Anglo-Saxon/Norman fusion of early England...

Is it normal for the muslim empires to take the Kingdom of Naples? And has anyone else done any games transferring from CK2 to EU4?
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: December 30, 2013, 10:37:06 am »

I play some, but for some reason the names are all messed up for me, so not a lot.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: December 30, 2013, 11:27:22 am »

I'm currently trying a long, long campaign as an Ashkenazi Count in Crimea. At the moment I'm just trying to protect my liege from Hungarian and Tengrist invaders.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: December 30, 2013, 12:56:33 pm »

I just finished a massive game from 867 to 1413, during which I went from east francia to the holy roman empire to all of germany and france. I had read about those save game converters, and I wanted a massive marathon game from CK2 to EU4. 50+ hours later I'm in EU4.

I spent the last 50 or so years of CK2 installing german, catholic kings and rulers in the various places that were still pagan (British Isles, Scandinavia) and propped up Italy and Castille due to them being my dynasty. It was like the whole world was mine, it was a Karling world. But old ties fell apart, and the nation-states of EU4 are not as respectful of dynasty as the feudal kingdoms of old. Who would think that the medieval era could be the time of relative peace! At least German is an accepted culture in nearly every major kingdom west of Bohemia, it reminds me of the Anglo-Saxon/Norman fusion of early England...

Is it normal for the muslim empires to take the Kingdom of Naples? And has anyone else done any games transferring from CK2 to EU4?

It's not too uncommon. Sicily is close enough to North Africa to be holy warred from there, and once you have Sicily you can expand to the rest of Naples.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: December 30, 2013, 02:07:48 pm »

So how do you get multiplayer to work?
Do we both have to have the same DLC set up?
Whats the gist?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: December 30, 2013, 03:05:39 pm »

-Stuff
-Nope! Only the hosts need to have the DLC you want. You do both need the same checksum though, but this is only relevant if you want to play a modded game
-Stuff

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: December 30, 2013, 03:58:01 pm »

-Stuff
-Nope! Only the hosts need to have the DLC you want. You do both need the same checksum though, but this is only relevant if you want to play a modded game
-Stuff

The checksum can also be messed up if you start a game and then quit without exiting the game and try to do a multiplayer game. The best bet is both of you to just exit the game, make sure neither of you have any mods activated, and start it fresh without entering any games.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: December 30, 2013, 04:09:13 pm »

-Stuff
-Stuff

The checksum can also be messed up if you start a game and then quit without exiting the game and try to do a multiplayer game. The best bet is both of you to just exit the game, make sure neither of you have any mods activated, and start it fresh without entering any games.
If you both quit the same multiplayer game you get the same altered checksum though.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: December 30, 2013, 04:15:13 pm »

If you both quit the same multiplayer game you get the same altered checksum though.

I've always wondered, why does the checksum change when you exit a game to the main menu?
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1002