Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092356 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4530 on: December 10, 2013, 06:18:02 pm »

It's 20 or 25% to for a genius to give birth to a genius. Slightly higher if both parents are genius. The other traits have similar odds.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: December 10, 2013, 06:54:09 pm »

15% for a genius to have a genius child. All the good traits have the exact same chance. The inherit_chance in the code does not say if it is more likely for two geniuses to have a genius child.
You can look for yourself in the common/traits folder.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: December 10, 2013, 07:32:39 pm »

15% for a genius to have a genius child. All the good traits have the exact same chance. The inherit_chance in the code does not say if it is more likely for two geniuses to have a genius child.
You can look for yourself in the common/traits folder.
Haha, I was pretty close on the 20% thing. I was just using my own children as a base, as my previous attempts at breeding traits always ends up with 1 out of 4 inheriting it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: December 10, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »

You can stop having kids any time.

That doesn't change anything.  The age difference between your youngest son and oldest son is the additional years of life you'll get out of the ruler (if you die naturally), and the additional years you need to wait to have fully tutored your heir.  Having less kids equally negates both the weaknesses and the strengths of ultimogeniture.

Also, the only way I know to stop having kids (short of murdering them, which works for primogeniture as well as ultimogeniture) is to not have a spouse, which cuts into your stats.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: December 10, 2013, 08:38:29 pm »

If only there was a "Strongest heir wins" style. So you try and get a genius each generation and, since he has a +5 bonus and hopefully good education/stats, he should be "strongest".
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: December 10, 2013, 08:42:00 pm »

Kingdom of England: Agnotic-Cognatic Cage Match
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: December 10, 2013, 08:50:05 pm »

If only there was a "Strongest heir wins" style. So you try and get a genius each generation and, since he has a +5 bonus and hopefully good education/stats, he should be "strongest".
Yeah, that would be pretty awesome haha. Could probably mod it.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: December 10, 2013, 10:05:27 pm »

Kingdom of England: Agnotic-Cognatic Cage Match

Oh my god that would be great

Perhaps an event chain happens when you die that causes all of the heirs to be put in for a series of exams, with the winner of most of them becoming the ruler? :)

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: December 11, 2013, 02:28:30 am »

It'd be nice if that's how things worked in reality today too.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: December 11, 2013, 01:11:41 pm »

Well, dunno, Strong has very good bonus in addition of the +2 martial : +10 to vassal opinion, + 2 health, + 10% fertility, and +1 diplo which are very valuable (especially health). I guess I'll let my oldest son be the heir for now, and look for their education to see which is better.

I'm pretty sure that's muslim open agnatic right there for you. With more blood (and less kinslayer !).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: December 11, 2013, 01:20:21 pm »

So I decided to create a vassal republic, for fun and profits. And keeping in the "Everything belong to my ever-expanding family" style, I of course chose some dude to lead House Dogonin as a Patrician. Now, my question is: how does this interface with the rest of my family? Most of them are landed nobles, and I don't think they can inherit a republic. Do I have to keep a strategic reserves of old foggies to lead the republic?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: December 11, 2013, 01:24:44 pm »

Tanistry seemed so much fun, but the very first choice my family picks is a German-cultured dude. He takes the throne and, not being a Breton, Tanistry is replaced by Gavelkind. That really seems like a stupid system. I have no way of ensuring they pick from the majority Breton side of the family.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: December 11, 2013, 01:31:33 pm »

So I decided to create a vassal republic, for fun and profits. And keeping in the "Everything belong to my ever-expanding family" style, I of course chose some dude to lead House Dogonin as a Patrician. Now, my question is: how does this interface with the rest of my family? Most of them are landed nobles, and I don't think they can inherit a republic. Do I have to keep a strategic reserves of old foggies to lead the republic?
They'll marry can get kids themselves.

Your main problem will be your genius strong heir being the eldest unlanded dynasty member and thus inheriting the republic -.-'

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: December 11, 2013, 03:32:05 pm »

The Viking Empire of Thay rises !(A renamed Italia Empire)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: December 11, 2013, 03:56:19 pm »

The Viking Empire of Thay rises !(A renamed Italia Empire)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did you get that one guy to be a despot?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1002