Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092443 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4500 on: December 09, 2013, 01:47:53 pm »

Or go for Tanistry with just one kingdom+ title.
You will always have 20+ diplomacy rulers and no more succession crises :D

Your vassals won't give a fuck about your preferred candidate though. Have a son with 18+ in all stats? "Nah, let's vote for that 20/2/1/0/4 dude."

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: December 09, 2013, 01:53:54 pm »

It would be pretty hard to have only your dynasty in the game, especially at courtier level. There are several random events that add characters to the game which wouldn't be of your dynasty.

As far as conquering the whole world goes, it's doable but a bit tedious. I almost did it once, there was one province left for me to conquer held by the golden horde but the game had gotten so buggy at that point that I quit playing.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: December 09, 2013, 01:57:36 pm »

There's indeed a critical mass. I'm trying to reproduce the Ummayyad muslim empire (as the ummayad from cordoba), but I'm pretty sure I won't, because that's too huge (al andalus, arabian empire and persian empire), travel is slow in North Africa, and vassals are strong.

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: December 09, 2013, 02:30:54 pm »

All I have to say is, Joan Of Arc and Spawn Of Satan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: December 09, 2013, 02:58:59 pm »

I've been thinking about goals to do when your empire reaches unassailable sizes and you have no outside threats.

How hard would it be to exterminate everybody outside of my bloodline?

I'd never do that, cause I think incest is icky.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: December 09, 2013, 03:01:58 pm »

I've been thinking about goals to do when your empire reaches unassailable sizes and you have no outside threats.

How hard would it be to exterminate everybody outside of my bloodline?

I'd never do that, cause I think incest is icky.

You mean more than the usual mix of marital rape and child murder CK2 simulates?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: December 09, 2013, 03:11:37 pm »

Heh, speaking of that.

You know the achievement you get for an inbred child?

One of my character's daughters had an affair when she was still underage (first wtf) and had a kid. So while I scratched my head, it gave me the option to adopt the kid as my own and speak nothing of it. So that's what I did. Then I got the inbred achievement, so I checked the kid and sure enough, it was inbred. So I checked my daughter's profile and her lover was her brother, my son.

=|

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: December 09, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

Heh, speaking of that.

You know the achievement you get for an inbred child?

One of my character's daughters had an affair when she was still underage (first wtf) and had a kid. So while I scratched my head, it gave me the option to adopt the kid as my own and speak nothing of it. So that's what I did. Then I got the inbred achievement, so I checked the kid and sure enough, it was inbred. So I checked my daughter's profile and her lover was her brother, my son.

=|

GOT GOTY
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: December 09, 2013, 04:53:14 pm »

So, I had 3 sons. The first is a thrifty clerk, meh traits, craven just and greedy. The second is a genius, kind, charitable, just, brave, zealous, so one of those ideal character you get once in a while. It lacked only the grey eminence education to be one of the best character (but his mentor was a diplo education). The third son is meh all around, still young.
I'm a muslim ruler, so I can kinda choose who will inherit. Alas, I was thinking "ok, I'm just gonna conquer this county, bethroth my second son and then land him. I died 2 days before the last siege ended.
Lesson learnt : as a muslim, always land your genius son. Also, it's kinda depressing to be the ruler, brother of a genius (true brother, not half !) and my heir is him. I'm considering 2 options : imprison all my brothers while they're still young so that I can kill them if rebels vassal, or put him my spymaster and hope the stab is clean.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: December 09, 2013, 08:36:02 pm »

My very first kingdom probably could have been saved with incest. If only i knew then what i know now.

Really it was a string of me not knowing what i was doing that led to my downfall though.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: December 10, 2013, 01:15:37 am »

I tried some light modding, and now all the Holy Roman Emperors become celibate the moment they take the throne, no matter what.

Clearly I did something wrong, but damned if I know what. I didn't even touch the traits.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: December 10, 2013, 02:06:56 am »

I tried some light modding, and now all the Holy Roman Emperors become celibate the moment they take the throne, no matter what.

Clearly I did something wrong, but damned if I know what. I didn't even touch the traits.

If that's wrong, I don't know what's right (seriously though, titles conferring traits is kind of cool.  You could have a title that always makes the holder insane).

Also, check to see if the Byzantine Emperor becomes celibate.  Also form an elective and see if those rulers become celibate.  It may not be the HRE title in particular, but some characteristic that is present in other titles.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: December 10, 2013, 04:45:56 am »

if paradox made the pope a generic empire tier ruler and applied traits accordingly i will laugh rather hard.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: December 10, 2013, 04:58:50 am »

Wow, in my Khazar game (1066 start) Cumania just imploded. First a fifth of the Realm went away because the old Khan had created the Khanate of Volga Bulgaria. Then the new Khan was Orthodox, so 5 dukes (including me) declared independence and got it without a fight, then the rest degenerated in an endless mess of wars.

Now, I feel like a dopehead locked in the DEA's evidence room. Duchies, duchies everywhere for the taking.

Now, for that guy that wanted his dynastyeverywhere, I did some severe breeding to expand my dynasty size in this game and I went from 1 to 50 character in 100 years. This is while being Jewish, a pagan could probably do better with heavy use of concubine. So you can probably get a few thousands characters by 1300 with an Old Gods start.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: December 10, 2013, 10:55:50 am »

This is hilarious, and we must find a way to weaponize it.

Now, for that guy that wanted his dynastyeverywhere, I did some severe breeding to expand my dynasty size in this game and I went from 1 to 50 character in 100 years. This is while being Jewish, a pagan could probably do better with heavy use of concubine. So you can probably get a few thousands characters by 1300 with an Old Gods start.
If you useabuse the Ruler Designer you can start with up to 32 sons and daughters. Unfortunately they are all randomly generated as far as I can tell.
Or you can start married with around 1000% fertility :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1002