Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092631 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4455 on: December 06, 2013, 03:26:55 pm »

Ok guys. best mod(s)?
currently I'm fiddling with CK2+
My personal favourite is Lux Invicta.

Also, I guess I am one of the few players that only imprisions vassals with just cause. Systematically assassinating everyone with plots is ok to me though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: December 06, 2013, 04:10:23 pm »

I'm not a fan of any of the vanilla improvement mods. They always take things too far.

Some of the complete conversions are great though.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: December 06, 2013, 04:28:30 pm »

Yeah, the reason I don't generally play the two main vanilla improvement mods (Project Balance, CK2+) is because they often tend to slow things down in an already slow game. VIET is decent though, since it mostly adds a bit of flavour (events, traits and such) without changing the mechanics of the game.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: December 06, 2013, 04:36:00 pm »

Someone should make a mod where all the kingdoms of the Disney princesses are bordering each other and they marry for love and fight evil murder and battle each other.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: December 06, 2013, 06:36:35 pm »

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME
Love, scriver~

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: December 06, 2013, 07:27:09 pm »

Rah, crusades and such don't work and it just ruined my game  :'(

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: December 06, 2013, 07:37:40 pm »

Rah, crusades and such don't work and it just ruined my game  :'(
?

How do they not work?

-----------

I'd like a CK2 mod that reduced the size of the map to just a few kingdoms for short games. Maybe just randomize them every time you create a new game, but it'd just be like 5 kingdoms fighting over a small to medium random map.

Would be awesome for MP and just skirmishes.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: December 06, 2013, 07:42:10 pm »

They all stop after some time with a victory pop up for the attacker, even though the war can still be going (I've had a dozen "Jihad successful" in a month), and the score being at 0 or 10 or -20 (well anything). Land stays with the defender, no prestige and stuff either.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: December 06, 2013, 07:44:05 pm »

They probably changed religion to yours / attackers.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: December 06, 2013, 08:39:04 pm »

Nope, the byz are still orthodox, Jerusalem is still held by shia, etc. It's a bug, it's been reported, but it's just really really annoying.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: December 06, 2013, 11:02:07 pm »

I've been waiting on picking this game up, being as it's Paradox, and now that the price has dropped a bit, and it's gotten patched and the like, I'm going to spring for it, now.

At the same time, there's a sale on, and I notice some of the expansion packs are also on sale, so I'm wondering if I should snag the likes of The Republic or Sword of Islam at the same time as I buy the main game, or enjoy vanilla on its own first? 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:18:51 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: December 06, 2013, 11:24:47 pm »

If you're going to really get into the game, you'll probably want them eventually. There will be sales in the future though and the base game has plenty of content to explore. It comes down how much money you're willing to part with right now, really.

I'd recommend you pick up the Old Gods expansion first, since it adds quite a lot compared to the others. Legacy of Rome is usually pretty cheap, and it adds retinues, which are nice for any character to have. You can probably hold off on SoI and The Republic unless you really want to play as a Muslim or Patrician.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: December 06, 2013, 11:40:21 pm »

Game is pretty freaking hard without retinues.

I'd say Old Gods and Sons of Abraham for sure. The Republic is kinda silly and playing as a patriach is excruciatingly boring. They don't really do anything in the actual game too.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: December 06, 2013, 11:46:43 pm »

I've been waiting on picking this game up, being as it's Paradox, and now that the price has dropped a bit, and it's gotten patched and the like, I'm going to spring for it, now.

At the same time, there's a sale on, and I notice some of the expansion packs are also on sale, so I'm wondering if I should snag the likes of The Republic or Sword of Islam at the same time as I buy the main game, or enjoy vanilla on its own first?

CK2 is weird in that most of the expansion updates are added to the main game regardless of whether you own them.  Buying the expansion unlocks play as characters who have radically different gameplay; for example Muslims don't need a good reason to go to war in most cases, but have a more troublesome family management game that involves polygamy and keeping your massive dynasty from growing too decadent.

So if you start out as a Christian noble in the default start date, half the expansions will have literally no effect on your game.  You'll miss out on Sunset Invasion, I guess, but that expansion is one of the worst in terms of value for money.  Legacy of Rome adds features that apply to all rulers, so I'd get it although it might make the game slightly harder to learn.  I can't speak for Sons of Abraham, but it sounds like about the same thing.  Old Gods adds an earlier start date and playable Pagans, so good value for money but not necessary.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: December 07, 2013, 12:17:29 am »

Well, Sons of Abraham is the one DLC that ISN'T on sale, and would be the price of the whole game that is on sale, so I'll probably wait on that. 

But otherwise, Legacy of Rome and maybe Old Gods are the recommendations, then?

Also, could you explain why you wouldn't recommend the Republic more specifically?  I do kind of like games like Patrician or other merchant clan games, so I had a natural bias towards picking that one up.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 1002