Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093212 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4335 on: November 23, 2013, 06:21:21 am »

Cool, that explains it then.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: November 23, 2013, 08:38:22 am »

I learned it the hard way: I was trying to quickly create the Empire of Brittania title before losing Scotland due to gavelkind but since I need 80% of counties rather than the 50% I expected, I'll probably need to subjugate Scotland with my next ruler.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: November 23, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »

I recently got the EU4 save converter, how do I go convert saves?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: November 23, 2013, 08:45:53 pm »

My last king fucked his brains out and died, leaving his son who has managed to gain 3 bad traits, two of which are deadly sins and the last being craven. His balf-brother who is competent by virtue of not having any traits (And is funnily enough named after the last king thanks to the RNG) seems like the better option, but I think if I can just gain some good traits before he turns 16, it might turn out alright. Otherwise I could just pit him on the frontlines and wait for him to die, then the half-brother will ascend to the throne.

I've played CKII many a time, but I think this is the point where it stops being hard to get into and starts being fun.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: November 23, 2013, 09:19:30 pm »

Looks like SoA is already on sale for 50% off.

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W7200

You can find the option to export your game in the main menu after you've loaded your save game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: November 23, 2013, 09:49:36 pm »

You know if there's one thing I really like about CK2 more than any other grand strategy game out there, it's that in CK2 your allies, if they promise aid, will always come through. And not only do they come through, they will follow your own armies and basically act like a numbers boost to your troops. It's amazing.

Such a simple thing, but it makes me love the game so much. When the Byzantine emperor tells me he will help me in my civil war against my brother, he damn well sends 20 000 men to help. When a small time count from Hungary tells me he will help me against the infidel, even though he can only field 300 men, he still sends those 300 men to help me. And if he can't reach my armies, he doesn't waste his troops. He helps to harass numbers he can actually fight or take over provinces he can actually capture.

And they use logic too. If you're randomly rampaging through your neighbours, they don't really want to help you so they won't. But if you're being attacked unfairly, you can count on almost all your allies to come to your aid.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: November 24, 2013, 04:51:51 am »

Looks like SoA is already on sale for 50% off.
GODDAMNIT
I already bought it 10% off on steam D:
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: November 24, 2013, 07:29:46 am »

You can find the option to export your game in the main menu after you've loaded your save game.
Thank You. I always have the hardest time trying to find things right in front of my face.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: November 24, 2013, 09:27:21 am »

Sometimes things are so close to your face that you need someone to hand you a mirror to see it :)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: November 24, 2013, 05:32:54 pm »

Make sure you pause the game first. It seems odd, but the game keeps moving forward when you're converting (though not when you're in the menu that the convert-save button is in) and it takes inordinately longer to convert because of that.

Maybe they've changed it but the last time I converted a game, it didn't pause automatically.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: November 24, 2013, 05:37:47 pm »

I was playing as the Magyars, expanded in all directions but Poland and a few generations later a faction removes me from the throne. The usurper immediately creates the kingdom of Croatia, then loses the kingdom of Hungary to a faction. I quickly create my own faction to get Hungary back and now I have the de jure Hungary with a huge U-formed Croatia from Bavaria to Wallchia bordering me and I don't have a claim on it ;_;

Luckily the dude is of the primary family line (I had ultimogeniture for a while) so as long as I stop breeding I will 'become' him.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: November 24, 2013, 11:36:37 pm »

Having some trouble with the save converter. Tried to convert my Principality of Scandinavia at the last day of CK2 but it simply keeps as if it were converting, with that little hourglass for a mouse, but it never stops. I've even actually accidentally let it go overnight but with no result. My game is paused, I tried it with a random character away from my realm, even a slightly earlier save (at 1450 instead of 1451). Nothing works. The converter doesn't seem to be broken given that I could convert the base state of the Old Gods start, with it taking a couple minutes, so no idea so far.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: November 25, 2013, 10:35:41 am »

If you have somewhere to host your save I could try converting it for you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: November 25, 2013, 10:47:15 am »

Try loading as a different character and converting it. Or clicking "Resign" first, the Game Over screen has a converter button. It might be that having all that history loaded is overwhelming the converter and stalling it.

If neither of those work, then yeah, offload it to someone else and see if they're willing to have a crack at it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: November 26, 2013, 04:26:49 pm »

Is Byzantium completely converting to Iconoclasm relatively normal? I was just playing a game as a norse Britannia and I looked at the religion screen only to discover that Greece and Anatolia were uniformly Iconoclastic.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1002