Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093277 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4305 on: November 20, 2013, 05:17:58 pm »

Oh man, I've been trying to get the son of satan event but no luck. I got Joan of Arc but she barely lived 2 years before she died in battle to a peasant rebellion. Gave a few nice events before then but I can't help but feel I missed out as it was only about halfway through the event chain.

However, a few years after that someone declared a crusade on me. Now, I'm the Kaiser of the Empire of Gods. Largest army in the world and a staunch Catholic. Who the hell would crusade against me?

It was another event called a Shepard's Crusade and it was led by a commoner using the self-made title "Master of Hungary". This didn't even make sense as they were based in Orleans. Anyway, I zoom over to them and check what I'm facing. THIRTY THOUSAND MEN. Oh jesus. Check a bit closer. THIRTY THOUSAND LIGHT INFANTRY ONLY.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, this massacre happens:

Followed by me capturing the so-called "Master of Hungary". I move to banish him to check how much gold he has. Check this out. You won't believe it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: November 20, 2013, 06:22:20 pm »

Actually, it was a real thing. Including the Master of Hungary.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: November 20, 2013, 09:57:41 pm »

Holy Jesus what why do I not have this DLC THIS IS THE GREATEST THING.

I AM MAXIMALLY PUMPED.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: November 20, 2013, 11:08:49 pm »

I am so used to playing with my own mod mix, trying out iron man is just weird for me. I keep expecting the game to have events that it doesn't.

I was having quite a successful game down west Africa way, started out as a count and had worked my way up to being almost ready to form the kingdom of Mali, all in about 15 years. Then the dang old muslims declared war on me.

Luckily, they let me keep Songhay. Still in the game, and that's all the matters. I can work with this.

Modding woes aside, I'm actually really enjoying iron man. I normally have a tendency to save scum, and now I'm finding it's a lot more fun when I'm not allowed to.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: November 20, 2013, 11:15:55 pm »

Holy Jesus what why do I not have this DLC THIS IS THE GREATEST THING.

I AM MAXIMALLY PUMPED.
It's all right, I guess. Most of the features are cool, but they're not exactly bringing a whole lot to the table. Although by now I shouldn't really pretend to be so disappointed.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:19 am »

I'm starting to run out of stuff to do.

My ironman game has more or less reached the same point as my old Butts empire game, where my empire stretches from Scotland to Africa to Russia and Persia. I've reached 100,000 score no problem too. This time it's even easier as I destroyed every single Kingdom title except mine so control is no problem at all.

The only thing I can think of left to do is to steal the Papacy's ridiculous stockpile of gold. As of right now, the Pope has 1,860,000 gold sitting in his vaults.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: November 21, 2013, 05:22:56 am »

What did you start with? I must say doing the 1066 start with that lone Jewish Duke sounds awesome.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: November 21, 2013, 08:22:36 am »

I noticed in one of the Steam achievements, Russkaya Pravda, it says you have to create the Kingdom of Russia. There is a Kingdom of Rus, but Russia is an Empire.

Other than that those are some cool achievements, and I approve. If I could suggest one, I would add Stopped the Mongols or Killed the Khan or something. I felt it was quite epic when I managed to do it the first time, though their mechanics have changed since then. I was outnumbered and my army was starving to death in the part of Russia I controlled, and I only won because I killed the Khan in battle as the Wendish Emperer (from King of Poland). It stopped the war, forced a ten year treaty, and the Mongols went on their way to conquer their way up to the Mediterranean instead of taking Russia. I was able to kill their hordes one by one after that by joining wars of states large enough for me to assemble and reach them in time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:29:32 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: November 21, 2013, 10:16:09 am »

I'm starting to run out of stuff to do.

I think that's the biggest downside of the new ironman mode for me. Usually when I play a game I switch to playing another realm when things get dull. Unfortunately on ironman mode you can't do that. Maybe I'll just have to grant all of my vassals independence and move my capital to some lonely far away county.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: November 21, 2013, 10:28:11 am »

I noticed in one of the Steam achievements, Russkaya Pravda, it says you have to create the Kingdom of Russia. There is a Kingdom of Rus, but Russia is an Empire.

That actually makes sense - they didn't make up the word 'Tsar' out of nowhere. 'Tsar' is basically the Russian equivalent to 'Kaiser' - a Russification of the title of 'Caesar', i.e. emperor. And emperors rule, duh, empires. So there.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: November 21, 2013, 10:35:01 am »

I'm not sure, but it might just be a cultural thing. For example if the Welsh form Scotland it becomes Alba. If the Norse form Scotland it becomes Skotland.

On an unrelated note - I think they might have to tweak how the new Jewish courtiers interact with AI nations. I've noticed several big Kingdoms have converted to Judaism.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: November 21, 2013, 10:59:39 am »

Urgh. With the new useless levies the Byzantine Empire is so strong due to their Varangian guard ;_;

Also, fucking Jew adventurers. Once I get Azov back I'm going to give all holdings German names >.>

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: November 21, 2013, 11:41:54 am »

So apparently you can copy and past your dlc from a gamersgate install to a steam install and it's 100% supported by paradox. Wish I had known this sooner!

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: November 21, 2013, 12:55:16 pm »

Also they plan on giving people who own the Gamersgate version steam keys for the game and dlc as they plan on cutting support for GG version.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?736049-Crusader-Kings-II-Steam-and-GG-Versions-The-Future

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: November 21, 2013, 12:59:25 pm »

What did you start with? I must say doing the 1066 start with that lone Jewish Duke sounds awesome.
Duke of Swabia.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1002