Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093375 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4290 on: November 19, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »

You're also considered allied if you're the same culture now too, which is interesting.
That was here before. I used it as a frankish jerusalem kingdom to call France to war.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: November 19, 2013, 04:49:06 pm »

What does the DLC unlock anyways? No monies right now and I'm still in the pagen interest anyways.
Playable Jews, College of Cardinals, possible holy order and Jude interaction as well. Nothing pagan specific I think.

Zen_Muffin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: November 19, 2013, 05:25:37 pm »

Take a look at a certain achievement in here

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: November 19, 2013, 05:26:19 pm »

Kewl o.O

A worthy first post by the way!

Zen_Muffin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: November 19, 2013, 05:54:08 pm »

Why thank you c:, I had this account for 2 years but now decided to use it XD.
But back on topic: I'm glad that after Sons of Abraham came out, that steam achievements and iron man mode were added since most other paradox games already have steam achievements.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:05:29 am by Zen_Muffin »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: November 19, 2013, 06:23:29 pm »

Apparently Ironman mode is mandatory if you want achievements. Understandable, but I'm savescumming so much in my current game that I'm afraid of what will happen x)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: November 20, 2013, 10:41:00 am »

What does the DLC unlock anyways? No monies right now and I'm still in the pagen interest anyways.
Playable Jews, College of Cardinals, possible holy order and Jude interaction as well. Nothing pagan specific I think.

It also comes with a boatload of new events, which really are the best part! I wouldn't rate this expansion as a must have but it adds a nice bit of flavour to the game.

The new Holy Orders make the Iberian peninsula much safer for Christians. I was playing as the itty bitty Kingdom of Navarra and watched in horror as the Shia Caliphate took Aquitaine. I thought I was next but now the Crusades/Jihads will fire earlier if either side takes a lot of territory. When the Crusade for Aquitaine started the Knights of Santiago and the Knights of Calatrava showed up and asked for some of my land to build their castles on. Though I'm not sure if the Knights of Santiago will keep appearing so early, in the beta patch notes it mentions that they now have a historical starting date. Any time the muslims started holy wars against me the Knights of Santiago and Calatrava would join in on my side. They definitely helped me survive the early game!

Here are the patch notes for the beta hotfix patch. Hopefully they'll fix the multiplayer crash bug introduced with SoA soon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: November 20, 2013, 10:51:32 am »

It also comes with a boatload of new events, which really are the best part! I wouldn't rate this expansion as a must have but it adds a nice bit of flavour to the game.

Relevant.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: November 20, 2013, 01:55:43 pm »

Relevant.

I...........

Holy shit I need this DLC now. If you move further down the thread, someone points out where to find the event triggers in the game files. Apparently there's something like 70 different events and triggers coming off of it. Kudos to Paradox, this kind of thing is why I love them. It's like the easter egg in EUIII where you could get the mission to seize the throne of Gondor while playing as Aragon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: November 20, 2013, 03:00:51 pm »

Relevant.

I wasn't thinking of buying this anytime soon, but, y'know, there's only so much you can do after having read this. I am dying over here.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: November 20, 2013, 03:09:53 pm »

Oh man, I wonder how you can even unlock that tree in game. Even the Joan of Arc one would be nice.

I haven't seen anything like that.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: November 20, 2013, 03:14:15 pm »

Quote from: Calad;16461167
What I am reading? Genius satan worshipper lesbian witches taking over Ireland?

I want this dlc now.
My thoughts exactly.

Meanwhile....
I first found the Elder Kings mod back in the summer, played it for a couple of days, loved it, then 1.111 patch comes out and breaks the mod.
Months go by with no solution.
TWO DAYS AGO, I find the unofficial fix that allows the mod to play under 1.111. There is much rejoicing.
Less than 24 hours later, my CK2 updates to 2.0 and breaks the mod again.

Thanks, Trolladox!  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: November 20, 2013, 03:15:52 pm »

Quote from: Calad;16461167
What I am reading? Genius satan worshipper lesbian witches taking over Ireland?

I want this dlc now.
My thoughts exactly.

Meanwhile....
I first found the Elder Kings mod back in the summer, played it for a couple of days, loved it, then 1.111 patch comes out and breaks the mod.
Months go by with no solution.
TWO DAYS AGO, I find the unofficial fix that allows the mod to play under 1.111. There is much rejoicing.
Less than 24 hours later, my CK2 updates to 2.0 and breaks the mod again.

Thanks, Trolladox!  :'(
Crusader Kings II -> Right Click -> Properties -> Betas -> 1.111

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: November 20, 2013, 04:24:45 pm »

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Linenoise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: November 20, 2013, 04:25:34 pm »

Good news for those of you that might have purchased CK2 on gamersgate.

Paradox has announced that they will be giving free Steam keys to everyone that purchase CK2 (and the DLCs) from gamersgate. They are going to stop supporting the game on gamersgate (too much hassle for too few people).

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?736049-Crusader-Kings-II-Steam-and-GG-Versions-The-Future
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 1002