Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093465 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4260 on: November 14, 2013, 08:40:20 am »

Here are the patch notes for version 2.0.

[spoiler]MAJOR
- Added 'jewish_opinion' to traits
I don't know what that is, but I'm imagining something like "what does this schmutz know from feudalism?"
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: November 14, 2013, 11:43:29 pm »

Man, this game.  I decide to do a slow start in Ireland after a while of not playing. 
Take 1:  Norway declares an invasion of me less than a month into the game. 
Take 2:  My character becomes stressed, depressed and ill within a week, instantly dying without any heirs

Seems legit.

Take 3 worked out okay though, formed Ireland and just have to deal with my cousin in Scotland calling me into wars he can't win because I want to inherit his land as well as heir grandson's who is king of Lotharingia.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: November 15, 2013, 12:57:48 am »

The first and last question to any problem in CK2: Why don't I just kill 'em?

That said, why don't you just kill your Scottish problem?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: November 15, 2013, 05:15:07 pm »

Lack of plot power? Lack of money for assassinations? Lack of papal favor to get a divorce?
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: November 15, 2013, 05:33:47 pm »

I'll admit, Ireland is poor money-wise, but even then, you should have a lot of money from building upgrades!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: November 15, 2013, 09:06:48 pm »

Pffft... do what any king does. Take out tonnes of loans and don't pay them back! Not enough? Loot and pillage your own people. King Henry VIII vanquished the treasuries of almost every single monastery in his realm to start his wars. Alexander the Great's legendary conquest was funded entirely, and not willingly, by the other Greek city states who he put down early in his campaign. Emperor Augustus obtained the war funds he needed to defeat his uncle's murderers by assassinating and stealing the lands and gold of his rivals.

Money is a problem for peasants!

Take now, worry about the consequences later. You are a KING! The men exist to serve you!

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #4266 on: November 15, 2013, 10:54:44 pm »

I find myself spoiled. Ever since I got the Game of Thrones mod I haven't even gone back to vanilla. It's so hard to do. GoT adds a bunch more depth with attributes and scenarios. Are there any popular mods for vanilla that add more interesting scripts or traits?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: November 15, 2013, 11:12:41 pm »

There is the Elder Kings mod that puts the game in the Elder Scrolls universe. For a more vanilla experience CK2+ with VIET is pretty good. I still play mostly plain old vanilla though.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: November 16, 2013, 12:28:21 am »

Project Balance + VIET is my prefered mod combination, so much so that I can't ever go back to vanilla. I don't care much for the mods outside of the historical setting and have never really bothered with them.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: November 17, 2013, 02:24:27 pm »

Sons of Abraham should be coming out tomorrow! I can't decide what kind of game I want to start. I'm torn between playing the Jewish Khazars or a Catholic kingdom.

If you missed the dev diaries they have them all together in one thread here.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: November 18, 2013, 01:57:43 pm »

Sons of Abraham is out! You can currently get it for a discounted price; -20% on greenmangaming (with a voucher code) or -10% on steam. In true Paradox fashion there are also 2 unit packs and a song pack to nickel and dime us with.  :P

So far I like the Ironman mode in CK2 better than EU4 since you don't need to be online (not being able to play because my internet cut out was always a bummer). Unfortunately you can't use the ruler designer if you want to play Ironman mode though, but if you have the customization DLC you can still change your Dynasty name and CoA once you start playing.

I'm playing my first game as the King of Navarra. Not much to say about it so far. The pilgrimage events add a nice bit of flavour and they did a really good job on the event art, it's better than some of the art from previous DLCs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: November 18, 2013, 03:20:29 pm »

Sons of Abraham is out! You can currently get it for a discounted price; -20% on greenmangaming (with a voucher code) or -10% on steam. In true Paradox fashion there are also 2 unit packs and a song pack to nickel and dime us with.  :P

Please tell me the song pack has Havah Nagilah.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: November 18, 2013, 04:45:35 pm »

- Characters of a religion where priests are not allowed to marry will now divorce their wives if ordained
Oh my... That makes for an interesting option to "free up" potential marriage partners for christians.

Btw, anyway knows if the inter-religion marriage thing is easy to mod out?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »

So what features are restricted to those who buy the dlc and not available in the patch?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: November 18, 2013, 05:19:31 pm »

So what features are restricted to those who buy the dlc and not available in the patch?

The College of Cardinals and Pilgrimages are DLC specific features.

I was reading on the Paradox forums that people without the DLC were able to play as the Jewish Khazars. Apparently it's a bug and is going to be hotfixed out.

I'm not really sure about the rest of the stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 1002