Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093612 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4200 on: October 27, 2013, 02:44:32 pm »

In my noob game, England is being a dick by seizing my wife's county (she luckily had another which my new character inherited), one of my sons-in-law is conquering my daughter-in-law's (well, now mother since I died) kingdom of scotland (which I am heir to now...), and, well, my 5000+ prestige, high-stats character died, leaving his cruel grandson on the throne. Also vassal infighting.

How do I get rid of the "cruel" trait? It's messing with my diplomacy big time.

Also the Byzantine Empire is in civil war, with everybody against the empress. The map is shattered.
My dynasty has the throne of the asturies, but I'm not allied with them.

Parts of France have now african culture and sunnite religion. Wat.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: October 27, 2013, 03:08:41 pm »

Stop being cruel. :P

You just have to hope for an event that gets rid of it really.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: October 27, 2013, 03:25:50 pm »

Just play like the cruel bastard you are. Does it really give that severe penalties, though?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: October 27, 2013, 03:34:21 pm »

-10 to -20 relationship with vassals. Combined with a -16 short reign it sort of hurt, yeah.
I could deal with it but I'd rather not for a first game.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: October 27, 2013, 06:03:46 pm »

I managed in 100 years to; Conquer all of Britannia, Russia, Scandinavia, most of France, most of Spain, 30% of Italy, reform the Norse all but wipe out Christianity, wipe out three other pagan religions, also took Rome, and soon the papacy will lose its last two baronies.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: October 28, 2013, 05:48:57 pm »

My current game as Abyssinia. Just inherited the HRE which had held many territories this game round. I am also in charge of fighting the horde to save Europe because of it, apparently.

I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: October 28, 2013, 05:53:01 pm »

I just wish the Mongols vassalized states rather than took them over. >___>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: October 28, 2013, 06:10:27 pm »

Yeah, it's not especially accurate in its current state.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: October 28, 2013, 06:23:55 pm »

Well, their policy of using locals to act as governors and leaving much of the local bureaucracy in place wouldn't work well in a CK2 game, with all the negative modifiers for different culture/religion.

They need to have a "Don't Want To End Up Like Nishapur" modifier of +100 to loyalty or something.

IIRC, Terry Pratchett alluded to this in one of his books when a character asked another why the people didn't fight back against the oppressive rulers.

"Because they don't want to end up like <some city>."
"I've never heard of <city>."
"Exactly."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: October 28, 2013, 06:28:13 pm »

There should be a sort of "Cruelty" or "Fear" modifier. Or a power modifier? Like you're so much more powerful than them they go "Uh, I ain't got a hope in hell." so they don't think about open revolt.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:43 pm »

There should be a sort of "Cruelty" or "Fear" modifier. Or a power modifier? Like you're so much more powerful than them they go "Uh, I ain't got a hope in hell." so they don't think about open revolt.
Relative power is assessed under some circumstances, iirc.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: October 28, 2013, 07:00:13 pm »

I'm not sure the problem is with vassals, since they can start a faction but will never launch a civil war if they're vastly outnumbered, but more than the AI will prefer kinsmen as vassals rather than foreigners, while there could be some sort of tolerance.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: October 28, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »

My current game as Abyssinia. Just inherited the HRE which had held many territories this game round. I am also in charge of fighting the horde to save Europe because of it, apparently.

Wow, did you convert or not? When I inherited the Byzantine that one time, I had a problem with rebellions as I tried to convert everyone.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: October 28, 2013, 07:33:27 pm »

Wow, did you convert or not? When I inherited the Byzantine that one time, I had a problem with rebellions as I tried to convert everyone.

Yes, I did do that earlier when I was making sweet diplomacy with the Polish. Still have claims on Poland i'm allowed to press.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: October 29, 2013, 03:39:53 pm »

Second dev diary is out.  http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?731783-Crusader-Kings-II-Sons-of-Abraham-Dev-Diary-2-Holy-Orders-Heresies-and-More
Holy Orders finally interesting, and most importantly for modding have a unique succession law called appointment, which seems to mean just what it says.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 1002