Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093823 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4110 on: October 13, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »

Interesting...
My first thought was adding jews to CK2 but Paradox has stated a few times they weren't fond of that idea. It could be a theocracy update but it seems odd that it wouldn't be named more after the catholic church since the papacy was the biggest and most important theocracy at that time. It seems like judging purely by the name that it just might be a flavour mod fleshing out religious matters for orthodox, catholics and muslims. Maybe playable Holy Orders?

I'm not really sure what to think at the moment but it seems like a safe bet that there won't be playable theocracies.

EDIT: Thinking about it I came to the possibility that it could just be mispelt and is meant to be SonGs of Abraham, although they don't tend to release multiple song packs together and also prefer to release them alongside bigger DLC.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 09:43:17 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: October 13, 2013, 09:52:08 pm »

There's also the "What region/time-period/etc would the Songs of Abraham be geared towards?"

I'm thinking it's a general overhaul of the Abrahamic religions, along with adding in the Jews as a side-note a la Zoroastrianism in The Old Gods.

I don't tend to play Catholic/Christian-in-general, because of how boring it can be. So it'd be nice to have more things to do as a Christian lord. Playing the papal curia game, currying favour and all that. Hard to think of other things, though.

Playable theocracies would be icing on the cake.

Plus I hear the Decadence system is bugged and doesn't actually work to destroy muslim empires over time.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 09:53:59 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: October 13, 2013, 10:13:14 pm »

Plus I hear the Decadence system is bugged and doesn't actually work to destroy muslim empires over time.

What I saw in my observer game is that decadence serves to reliably destroy Muslim dynasties, but not Muslim Empires.  There doesn't seem to be any condition that causes a Muslim superblob to split.  The vassals don't start independence rebellions that I noticed, and the decadence game-ending events just cause the ruling dynasty to be replaced by another one (often a generated one that invades).  So the only way the blobs lose land is if a neighbor takes advantage of the opportunity created by civil wars.  Now, if they're just a Kingdom, that's fine.  But if its a full grown superblob, either side of the civil war could kick the asses of any invaders.  Also, if I remember, at a certain point the armies spawned by the "New Dynasty Invades" event are pitifully small compared to the armies of the superblob, and the event that triggers that comes with something like -50 decadence.

So really the only non-player caused hope of breaking a Muslim Superblob once its taken over, say, all of the Middle East and Eastern Europe (this happened in my observer game) is the hordes.  But they just make their own superblob.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: October 14, 2013, 04:40:21 pm »

I have seen ONE just one Muslim superblob  fall due to decadence and all it did was cause a 3 new blobs to appear and a (very)shortly live free Christian Jerusalem.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: October 14, 2013, 09:53:32 pm »

Alright, well, I modded the game to remove the cultural restrictions on creating empires and kingdoms because it was kind of stupid, but it also appears to have removed the de jure territory along with the culture requirements. Anyone know of any mods that do the same thing without messing up de jure territory?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: October 14, 2013, 10:03:31 pm »

How did you modify the cultural requirements? Also: I've done de-jure modification and last I knew, it's not in the file you need to modify for cultural restrictions. How did you manage that?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: October 14, 2013, 10:11:32 pm »

How did you modify the cultural requirements? Also: I've done de-jure modification and last I knew, it's not in the file you need to modify for cultural restrictions. How did you manage that?

I went through the landed titles file and removed all of the allow = { culture_group = (blahblahgermanicwhatever) }. It worked, but I can, for example, now form Scandinavia with only Sweden under my control. Plus, everything is the Titular Empire of (blank) now, instead of a full-on empire.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: October 15, 2013, 02:03:22 pm »

Can someone tell me how to get a screenshot in this? Print Screen isn't working, and this is some fine ass madness that must be shared.
Lithuania is ruled by Draguns.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: October 15, 2013, 02:06:32 pm »

f11 should work

show me the dragunthuania and other things

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: October 15, 2013, 03:51:22 pm »

Spoiler: religion map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: realm map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HERE THERE BE DRAGUNS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Also Here (click to show/hide)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: October 15, 2013, 05:59:52 pm »

Heads up, Steam just leaked the next CK2 DLC:

http://steamdb.info/app/203770/#section_depots

"Songs of Arabia" and "Sons of Abraham"

...And its gone. We've got what are probably fake DLCs on the list instead although I would still buy an Underworld Invasion.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: October 15, 2013, 06:08:49 pm »

Paradox must be taking lessons from Valve in the noble art of trolling the fuck out of their fans. I'm now waiting for "Crusader Kings 2: Episode 3" with the companion DLC, "Songs of the Combine", to pop up in the steamdb. 

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: October 15, 2013, 09:11:18 pm »

Paradox must be taking lessons from Valve in the noble art of trolling the fuck out of their fans. I'm now waiting for "Crusader Kings 2: Episode 3" with the companion DLC, "Songs of the Combine", to pop up in the steamdb.

"Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Northern Trolls (226670) Depot"

Damn Paradox, stahp trolling.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: October 16, 2013, 04:26:12 pm »

Crusader Kings 2: XCOM Defense
Europe has mysteriously come under siege by strange astral beings. Slowly they replace and corrupt various leaders and personalities and it's up to the remaining humans to establish the XCOM project to root out and destroy this alien threat.

Key Features
  • Play as one of the various alien races and experience unique alien events as you try and conquer Europe. Hide from XCOM and win with intrigue or complete military dominance.
  • Establish the XCOM mercenary order and help preserve the human race. Maintain the funding for the XCOM initiative while you prevent the aliens from usurping your court and removing your head.
  • Marry and intermingle with aliens. Give birth to new hybrid species.
  • Collect exotic new technologies and wage war with deadly new weapons.
  • Learn the secrets of the alien invasion. Make preparations for the final threat!
  • Convert to the new alien religion. Christians and Muslims can now decide to reform their faith around the alien invaders.
  • New beautiful alien skin.
  • Hundreds of new events and decisions: terror missions, abductions, alien impregnation, cow tipping, and much more!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: October 16, 2013, 05:16:54 pm »

Crusader Kings 2: XCOM Defense
Europe has mysteriously come under siege by strange astral beings. Slowly they replace and corrupt various leaders and personalities and it's up to the remaining humans to establish the XCOM project to root out and destroy this alien threat.

Key Features
  • Play as one of the various alien races and experience unique alien events as you try and conquer Europe. Hide from XCOM and win with intrigue or complete military dominance.
  • Establish the XCOM mercenary order and help preserve the human race. Maintain the funding for the XCOM initiative while you prevent the aliens from usurping your court and removing your head.
  • Marry and intermingle with aliens. Give birth to new hybrid species.
  • Collect exotic new technologies and wage war with deadly new weapons.
  • Learn the secrets of the alien invasion. Make preparations for the final threat!
  • Convert to the new alien religion. Christians and Muslims can now decide to reform their faith around the alien invaders.
  • New beautiful alien skin.
  • Hundreds of new events and decisions: terror missions, abductions, alien impregnation, cow tipping, and much more!

I hate you for coming up with such an awesome idea that will never happen.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1002