Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094259 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4005 on: August 30, 2013, 06:17:21 pm »

Traits can also reduce fertility so that shouldn't be a problem. Harder would be trying to find out the health bonus Dwarves need to get a higher average max age.
That approach seems to result in some couples that basically never have children, and those that do still live long enough to have around 15. It's a bad, very frustrating solution.
Then have a trait that pops up when you have x amount of living children, reducing your fertility? An invisible trait, if possible, I don't see how you could make it viable as an actual, "This happened to the character" trait.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: August 31, 2013, 03:29:15 am »

"Your kid is the true son of Urist, God of Mountains, Fortresses and Pain. He ripped through your wife's utero, using the power of all the semen you'll ever produce. You're now both sterile."

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: August 31, 2013, 05:48:15 am »

Well, there is already a setting for a max number of children. I believe it's something around 8 (default). And I guess you could just change the age of fertility (though I'm not sure you can put one on male).

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: August 31, 2013, 07:55:25 am »

The max number of children is a myth that only exists because half the Paradox forums exists of whiny bitching idiots. I've had 11+ children before, and yes, all of them were alive.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #4009 on: August 31, 2013, 08:21:23 am »

The max number of children is a myth that only exists because half the Paradox forums exists of whiny bitching idiots. I've had 11+ children before, and yes, all of them were alive.
Bolded the truth, not to mention that most of them are overly nationalistic, racist, homophobic, transphobic and sexist. I stick only to the modding forums.

Anyway, if I'm to make a thread, I'd like to know in which board you feel a mod for another game fits the best? I've made some fair progress on the islands in the west.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: August 31, 2013, 08:26:09 am »

Other Games. Stick to this board.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: August 31, 2013, 08:32:39 am »

Other games OR creative projects, sometimes cp mod/game ideas dont get alot of attention though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: August 31, 2013, 10:01:31 am »

I can confirm that. By boosting my fertility with the ruler designer I've managed to get over 20 children.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: September 01, 2013, 05:20:40 pm »

I'm not so sure about that. I'm sure that DLC across platforms is incompatible and there were plenty of threads complaining about this. I know that DLC can't even be shared across different Steam accounts either since they seem to have unique signatures.
Unless there's some way to unpack the DLC and have the game recognise that you own them I'm not sure how this would work.

Just tested it and it works, even launching through Steam.

How did you do that? I been having troubles.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: September 01, 2013, 06:05:24 pm »

Guh... my Norse empire that stretched from Portugal to Russia and Sicily to Scotland... lasted over 300 years... finally collapsed due to my idiotic Emperor who decided to only have two daughters, both of which were hunchback and slow. It wouldn't have been a problem too, if my 60,000 men retinue armies weren't stuck on ships that belonged to one of the rebels (which was technically everyone). So in one second I lost the majority of my personal army.

Everything fell apart... *sniff*. The only holding the masses of rebels allowed me to have is Constantinople. Now my once glorious empire is being chewed apart by everything.

Haah... time to rebuild.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: September 01, 2013, 06:59:28 pm »

How did you do that? I been having troubles.
Grab everything in the GG CK2 DLC directory and copy it into the Steam CK2 DLC directory, then launch through Steam like any other Steam game. You could also try the .exe launcher in the Steam CK2 directory, the same way as you'd launch the GG version.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: September 01, 2013, 08:12:39 pm »

Uniman, that's not a bad thing, that's a !!!FUN!!! Thing. Also, pics pls?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: September 01, 2013, 08:37:57 pm »

What would you like me to show you? Me crying in Constantinople? :P

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: September 01, 2013, 08:38:36 pm »

Guh... my Norse empire that stretched from Portugal to Russia and Sicily to Scotland... lasted over 300 years... finally collapsed due to my idiotic Emperor who decided to only have two daughters, both of which were hunchback and slow. It wouldn't have been a problem too, if my 60,000 men retinue armies weren't stuck on ships that belonged to one of the rebels (which was technically everyone). So in one second I lost the majority of my personal army.

Everything fell apart... *sniff*. The only holding the masses of rebels allowed me to have is Constantinople. Now my once glorious empire is being chewed apart by everything.

Haah... time to rebuild.
Fool, that's why you use elective. Don't have a good enough son or daughter? Get that genius cousin of yours on the throne. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: September 01, 2013, 08:55:11 pm »

Elective is suicide in large empires.

I didn't want to develop carpal tunnel syndrome, so I had to create lots of duchies and kingdoms to minimize army organizing time to fight rebels and other such threats. When you make kingdoms and such, all you have to do is select one of their provinces to summon their entire levy. So you can easily create 10,000 strong armies in foreign lands. It's one of the reasons why I could expand so easily. I used the Islamic gilded cage system of imprisoning all the major kings so they couldn't really cause any trouble. However, my previous Emperor died so suddenly that I didn't realize I only imprisoned 3 kings this time.

Not to mention all the previous successions tended to go relatively well with only minor rebellions as they were all quite normal. Males, with good traits, excellent diplomacy and the massive prestige of the dynasty. This time, I had so many negative relationship traits and terrible diplomacy.

I could have save scummed to fix that, but that's not really fun.

Anyway, here's Norse Britannia a few years before the collapse. We conquered everything and I had about 8 kings under my control. There were many kingdoms I couldn't create simply because of the creation requirements. My main kingdom was Ireland but I sent all my retinue troops to blitzkrieg Constantinople so I could move my stuff there. That moving all my retinue troops is what really killed me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of the misc conquests you see all over the place were from my various kingdoms and duchies going out and declaring wars. It was another of the reasons why we could expand so well. Very easy to grow when you've effectively got a dozen independent conquerors operating under your name. Almost the whole of Spain, Scandinavia and Lithuania were done by my vassals. I should have shown you a picture of the kingdoms so you can see just how varied the conquests were.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 1002