Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2094307 times)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #3960 on: August 26, 2013, 07:28:05 pm »

Anyone here interested in doing a mod with me based heavily on Dwarf fortress? I've actually made a working map in ck2 from exported maps.

Meaning drawing provinces, rivers, doing the title history, characters, religion and events/decisions are the last things.

I'm already working on a real life mod with my flirt, but my blood is craving some fantasy and I felt like I'd give it a shot asking.

That is awesome, what are you planning to do that you need help with?

Most of the things I mentioned that people would like to help with :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7s8awrmncfkbatu/Amethadefini.rar

This is the alpha alpha alpha version I made in 4-5 hours, install like a regular mod in \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: August 26, 2013, 07:46:00 pm »

It's a little gamey, but imprison -all- your vassals (And your court, come to think of it), and banish and/or kill them all.

New vassals and courtiers don't have a tyrant modifier on them if you've been all tyranty in the past. So you can get rid of -everyone- you want to get rid of, create new courtiers and barons, and you'll be right as rain! :D
This reminds me of the time I played MP and one of the guys told me they had a 100% success rate assassination plot on me.

So I imprisoned everyone.

Good for short term.

Long term I couldn't do anything since I had no vassals hahaha!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: August 26, 2013, 08:05:58 pm »

You can create new courtiers in the intrigue menu (Invite a Holy Man / Noble, depending on what you have more of (money or piety. I tend to do holy man because piety is almost useless), and right-clicking on a barony and going to the bottom-left of the three options in the triangle of buttons that pop up, will create a random vassal to sit in that barony. Makes things easier since all you have to do is right-click left-click on all new conquests.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: August 26, 2013, 08:57:47 pm »

Multiplayer games all end within an hour unless the players are all incredibly boring individuals. This means there's no money to do what you're talking about haha. Every cent would have been spent on fucking over someone else.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: August 26, 2013, 09:47:05 pm »

How *does* multiplayer work?  Is it rude or impossible to manually pause?  Does it generally last more than ~100 years?  What are the generally accepted win conditions?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3965 on: August 26, 2013, 09:50:24 pm »

How *does* multiplayer work?  Is it rude or impossible to manually pause?  Does it generally last more than ~100 years?  What are the generally accepted win conditions?

Depends, make the arrangements with the guys you want to play with :) My multiplayer has -nothing- in common with aboves.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: August 26, 2013, 09:55:52 pm »

There are no rules. Like Dwarf Fortress. Do whatever you want.

You can be all be boy scouts and work together to beat the AI. Or you can play games that make everyone regale the story years later.

"THAT FUCKING UMI KILLED ME BEFORE WE EVEN PRESSED THE PLAY BUTTON!"

Always makes me chuckle.

It's really up to you what you want to do.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: August 27, 2013, 01:00:13 am »

Based on my multiplayer experience (little):

No, it is not rude to pause unless you abuse it, no it is quite possible.

No idea whether generally, but I don't see why it couldn't.

Obviously generally accepted win conditions would be the general consensus of the players, as they are the sole owners of their game, and people see things differently. Unless the GM holds the saves hostage, not even the GM could stop a game if people want to continue playing.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:03:22 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: August 27, 2013, 01:36:14 am »

Not even then, it is fully possible to save as a non-host.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: August 27, 2013, 01:54:36 am »

It is possible if everyone has autosaves off and the GM doesn't share saves/the autosaves were overwritten and nobody else besides the GM made solid saves. But yes, it isn't likely that would ever happen.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:56:15 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: August 27, 2013, 03:21:30 am »

Anyone here interested in doing a mod with me based heavily on Dwarf fortress? I've actually made a working map in ck2 from exported maps.

Meaning drawing provinces, rivers, doing the title history, characters, religion and events/decisions are the last things.

I'm already working on a real life mod with my flirt, but my blood is craving some fantasy and I felt like I'd give it a shot asking.

'You return to your chamber and start laying down to sleep. As you flip the light switch lever, you hear the bolts in the door fall down and a rumble coming from one of the walls. You're trying to smash the door open as the searing heat of magma reaches your body.'

*Dynasty score screen*
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3971 on: August 28, 2013, 04:55:22 pm »

Still hoping for some help with characters, history and naming everything.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: August 28, 2013, 05:13:22 pm »

Alternative solution, reskin everyone to be robots, suddenly the province names all fit.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3973 on: August 28, 2013, 05:17:04 pm »

Alternative solution, reskin everyone to be robots, suddenly the province names all fit.

Not really the flavour I was looking for :b

There's plenty names available in Dwarf Fortress, just need help pulling it out and then putting it in.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: August 28, 2013, 07:10:11 pm »

Just curious, how much of that map came from DF and how much did you make up?  In terms of terrain, countries, religion, ect.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 1002