Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091495 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #780 on: May 10, 2012, 08:01:51 pm »

Haha, I've been playing this a bit lately and I had some funny sets of circumstances.

I started as a custom count in Ireland with the "wounded" trait and Genius trait as well as midas touched and a bunch of other bad ones to get my age down to 16. Wounded went away like two days after start and I lost the other bad ones pretty quick too, so it worked out well. About 10 years into my reign I finally found a "genius" courtier to wed (age 0, lol), so I invited the father to my court and got betrothed (at age 0!) and wound up tutoring the wife to be as she grew up, giving her the Midas Touched trait too as soon as she came of age. Talk about robbing the cradle, haha.

Anyway, quite a few years later I've conquered most of Ireland and claimed the King title, but all I've had for children is 4 daughters - all of them Geniuses, so i'm getting pretty confident in my pairing two geniuses together to produce a super dynasty. Then I finally have a son, and I'm like "yea! an heir to take all my titles!" and I look at his page... Imbecile, -8 to everything. Oh, good, an imbecile for an heir after having four super daughters.

Luckily I had another son shortly after that, and he ended up being not only Genius but Strong and Attractive too. I was going to give my poor imbecile son a church to remove him from being heir, but it doesn't let you do that - so I had to murder the poor guy. Good thing, too -  a few months later my king died at the ripe old age of 66 and left everything to the genius son. The Queen Mother took over managing things and tutoring the heir until he came of age, then he went on to create all the dutchy titles and conquering the remaining counts in Ireland to finally unite the whole island (getting The Great nickname in the process). I've already found him a Welsh six year old Genius Strong Attractive bride to be and invited the father over and now he's tutoring his betrothed too (already converted her to Irish after a mere month and a half), although he's only 14 years older instead of my other king being 26 years older - so I guess it isn't quite so bad haha. Still kinda weird, though.

Funny that you can bring over and raise your own fiance, giving her all kinds of good stats and traits and even your own culture along the way.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 10, 2012, 11:13:52 pm »

I love starting with negative traits that go away. If you start excommunicated thats 20 extra years, and unless your ruler has the personality of a monster you can usually get the pope to lift it in a couple years.

Wounded, and stressed are good ones too, but sometimes if you start with too many you end up dying in like two months lol.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 11, 2012, 05:46:39 am »

So I bought this game off amazon a few weeks ago and never really got into it untill now. I finally had my first "real game" and although I had pretty much no idea what the hell I was doing I'm rather proud of what I've done. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I united Ireland, claimed the throne of Wales, slowly taking over Scotland, have a pretender that I could push for the throne of England (although I don't have the military at the moment to even consider it) and I have seven provences of Jeruslam from a bloody Crusade that lasted fifty years, with the ability to push for more _if_ I want to piss off the pope.
Guess my attention will be focused on Scotland but so far I don't think I'll be able to worm my way into the throne and instead will have to rely on fabricating claims (worked well enough for Wales). I think I'll run out of time before I'm able to unite the British Isles under a Celtic king.  :-[

The map is also a mess. Poland owns most of Norway, The HRE+France are in Spain, England and Croatia owns the lower half of Italy.

EDIT: Apparently I'm an elector in the Byzantine Empire for ... some reason.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:52:41 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 11, 2012, 06:02:28 am »

Jerusalem is de jure part of the ERE and that is enough to be an elector.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 11, 2012, 08:52:28 am »

As an update I've gained another 4 provences of Scotland and proclaimed myself the king of Jeruslam. Castile managed to claim Brittainy though which is a bit of a shame.
EDIT: And now the Kingdom of Scotland.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:37:50 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 11, 2012, 12:24:25 pm »

My 62 year old daughter just had a bastard child...
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #786 on: May 11, 2012, 02:10:22 pm »

Maybe she's a really naive lesbian who believed her lover that it was hers?

-edit- Haha, worst Pope ever. He's a greedy, wroth, cynical, craven, imbecile - and his education is detached priest. He has two legitimized bastards too. As soon as he was elected my income shot up because all the priests that dislike me dislike him even more. I also find it funny that this pope likes me because my char is also cynical. -5 for the church view on cynical, but +10 because we're both cynical.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:36:14 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 11, 2012, 04:41:51 pm »

Maybe she's a really naive lesbian who believed her lover that it was hers?
Or you know, she just slept with some guy out of wedlock, that happens you know.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 11, 2012, 05:22:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure fertility at that age is very rare.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 11, 2012, 05:49:38 pm »

I'm pretty sure fertility at that age is very rare.
True, and frankly I'd expect her to have died giving child birth at that age, in that time period. But CK2 doesn't seem to do deaths during child birth, or medieval Caesareans.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 13, 2012, 09:12:16 pm »

In my LAN Ireland game I lost two wives to childbirth in a row.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 13, 2012, 10:38:50 pm »

Weird, I've never seen a death in childbirth or seen any woman's death listed as in childbirth.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 14, 2012, 03:38:21 am »

Has to be a mod. Paradox didn't include child birth deaths, miscarriages and (high odds of) infant/childhood deaths in vanilla.
Love, scriver~

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:27 am »

Is there alredy a Westeros mod for CK2?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile