Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092079 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #465 on: February 23, 2012, 01:06:50 am »

Ambitious bastard lol

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2012, 06:44:32 am »

My first heir died, which was a good thing, since my second heir was probably better and would have ran off with I load of counties I gave him when he inherited Normandy. Then my first heir's widow spat out a son he'd impregnated her with before he died and this child is now the heir to the throne. I foresee him becoming a victim of medieval child mortality.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2012, 12:10:38 pm »

So, I finally got a laptop that can run this.

Aside from that Berant Something Something mod, what mods should I get?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2012, 01:07:20 pm »

I wish there was a way to press more than one Other Person's claim in a war. As it stands I'll need to wage three separate wars on France to gain control of the Kingdom of Aragon.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2012, 01:08:57 pm »

I just got a ridiculous revolt spike when my king just died. Every vassal in Jerusalem revolted, and several back in Aragon revolted as well. Several vassals had revolt risks of 70% or higher.

Never seen anything quite like that before. Instability, sure... but 6 guys with 70%-120% (120%? lol) is unprecedented, for me...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:40 pm »

I had just maneuvered myself into position to take control of Croatia with my Duchess's son, literally he was the king, and i was just waiting for her to croak, when the HRE pulls a claim out of its ass from a few generations back where an angry princess had married herself off to an HRE prince. Croatia ended up getting curb stomped and now we're all part of the empire... Fun... I'm now back to where my dynasty was about 75 years ago and my son is a lowly count. 3 generations of plotting and scheming all for nothing.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2012, 03:53:05 pm »

I just got a ridiculous revolt spike when my king just died. Every vassal in Jerusalem revolted, and several back in Aragon revolted as well. Several vassals had revolt risks of 70% or higher.

Never seen anything quite like that before. Instability, sure... but 6 guys with 70%-120% (120%? lol) is unprecedented, for me...
When you get a new ruler, you lose the (sometimes quite big, I believe it's +1/year you've been their liege) relationship bonus, as well as gaining a -10 short reign penalty, and if they're of a different cuture, a long way away, and have a bunch of conflicting traits with the new ruler then you can indeed get quite large revolt risks, especially if some of them are pretenders. Which is why I no longer give more than one or two of my sons/brothers titles under me within the same ruler.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2012, 04:44:23 pm »

If your heir is unmarried or a kid...  you don't get the wife bonus either.  Its really a matter of your 'epic' leader dies and is replaced by someone who doesn't stand a chance of becoming that epic or has yet to prove themself...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 23, 2012, 05:33:02 pm »

So my last king (a tale in itself, he had quite a few enemies) croaks out of the blue, succession time, nobody rebels amazingly!  Nearly ten months to the date, his wife gives birth to a son! Quite impressive I'd say.

Out of curiosity, what does the negative relation "title claimant" mean?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 23, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »

It means they have a claim on one of your titles.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 23, 2012, 09:55:36 pm »

More specifically, it means their master can use it as casus belli against you, to prop that person up as count/duke/king.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:55 pm »

When you get a new ruler, you lose the (sometimes quite big, I believe it's +1/year you've been their liege) relationship bonus, as well as gaining a -10 short reign penalty, and if they're of a different cuture, a long way away, and have a bunch of conflicting traits with the new ruler then you can indeed get quite large revolt risks, especially if some of them are pretenders. Which is why I no longer give more than one or two of my sons/brothers titles under me within the same ruler.
Yeah, I'm familiar with that... I've just never seen it spike so high. Took me by surprise.

Sieges take forever but I've been beating them back into submission.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 24, 2012, 02:10:03 am »

Usually a spike that high means that you have gone over the duchy and demense limits.  Every excess county is -10 to relations and every duchy past two is -20.  Those numbers add up preeeetty quickly.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 24, 2012, 02:18:30 am »

44% for distant seems to be the primary source. Some other things (female ruler and heir, short reign penalty, being Frankish to vassalize the Templars, etc.) obviously don't help. I guess last time I died, I didn't have nearly as many distant ducal vassals or something, 'cause it really wasn't that bad.

I lived though, the Seljuks and Byzantines attacking helped. Odd that getting attacked by some of the largest players around is beneficial...

Currently raising a little German girl to vassalize the Teutonic Order, to go along with my currently vassalized Hospitallers and Templars. Once I have all three under my command, I'll abandon Aragon and start beating up everyone nearby. 9,000 heavy cav for 15 gold a month = ftw.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 24, 2012, 11:01:11 am »

Holy orders are crazy OP.  Using mercs all the time is at least prohibitively expense on a large scale.  But holy orders are cheap enough that they often pay for themselves in ransoms.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 1002