Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092375 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2012, 07:42:25 pm »

Shit. I only had a female heir and I married her off in a NOT matrilineal marriage and now I'm playing as her and I'll be DAMNED if I lose Ireland to some two-bit Scottish lord.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 18, 2012, 07:47:30 pm »

Shit. I only had a female heir and I married her off in a NOT matrilineal marriage and now I'm playing as her and I'll be DAMNED if I lose Ireland to some two-bit Scottish lord.
I had the same problem. I played for some time until I realized it.

Realized
Assasinated
Re-married
Done

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 18, 2012, 07:48:43 pm »

This is good plan.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 18, 2012, 07:59:06 pm »

This is good plan.
Because this is good game ;D

I didn't play CK1 and I can't believe what I have missed.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2012, 08:13:15 pm »

Damn it, I just remembered I had a kid in this marriage. Am I going to have to kill him too or would offing the dad be enough to bring him back into my dynasty?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 18, 2012, 08:27:44 pm »

Damn it, I just remembered I had a kid in this marriage. Am I going to have to kill him too or would offing the dad be enough to bring him back into my dynasty?
If you die without having another son, you'll get to play as that kid if he is the oldest son of your family. It may cause some problems with your vassals since your son's culture is different. It will change your dynasty's culture too.

-20 relationship penalty to everyone with different culture, if I remember right.

I say just get rid of him and start a new life with your new husband. You'll have a new heir if you are young enough anyway. If you are old, you might want to fiddle with succession laws.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:31:15 pm by Leatra »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2012, 08:31:46 pm »

No, he was born to my current husband, which means he's not part of my dynasty, which means I can't play as him. I think I'm going to have to off him.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2012, 08:38:57 pm »

No, he was born to my current husband, which means he's not part of my dynasty, which means I can't play as him. I think I'm going to have to off him.
Oh, right. Forgot about the normal marriage.

You can change the succession laws to find a proper kinsman as your heir too.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2012, 10:31:27 pm »

Seniority is a real good "oh shit" button.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2012, 11:03:04 pm »

I like elective monarchy myself.  It keeps the vassals content and it lets you be discerning with your heirs.

It's really annoying playing as a queen and finding out that you lost control of your childrens marriages to your trophy husband.  I was able to salvage the grandkids but the intervening generation were a bunch of badly educated twits with a penchant for incest.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 19, 2012, 12:21:23 am »

Seniority is a real good "oh shit" button.

Can be a dangerous one too...if you have a bunch of old people lined up and especially if you have a larger demise...cause the short rule penalties, coupled with the fact that it takes 10 years to change succession laws can result in a long list of leaders dieing before 10 years and having an effective -10 from everyone for it or whatever it is...

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 19, 2012, 06:10:02 am »

I'm playing as the Kingdom of Leon at the moment. I've conquered all of the territory of Badajoz, won a few defensive wars against Sevilla and now I'm fending off my nephew, king of Castille, who's trying to take the county of Valladoid from me. The bella gerant alli mod is quite nice in balancing out things and is especially nice with improved religious wars incorporated since there's no more France and HRE in Muslim Iberia and Africa.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 19, 2012, 06:12:49 am »

I started out with Connacht and look at me now. Not bad for my first game I guess. It only took like 250 years :P

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)

How the heck did you manage that? I'm having serious trouble getting any land at all. I'm probably just doing it wrong, but pretty much the only way I've been able to get land so far is fabricating claims. There must be a better way, yes?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 19, 2012, 06:19:12 am »

I started out with Connacht and look at me now. Not bad for my first game I guess. It only took like 250 years :P

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: After (click to show/hide)

How the heck did you manage that? I'm having serious trouble getting any land at all. I'm probably just doing it wrong, but pretty much the only way I've been able to get land so far is fabricating claims. There must be a better way, yes?

If you're buddies with the pope, you can request invasion, which allows you to claim a piece of land.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 19, 2012, 06:43:35 am »

Exactly. All of my character's grandfathers have the Conqueror title. You get that from succesfully doing an 'invasion'

Buy indulgence
Bribe him
Crusade
Send the dude who handles divine matter to Rome

And you will be high fiving the crap out of that pope guy. Sometimes the pope will like the leader of the nation you are trying to invade and not allow you to invade, if that happens either wait for that leader to die or assassinate him and hope the pope will hate the new guy.

Try not to overexpand.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1002