Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092624 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 announced!
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2012, 03:26:29 pm »

I had the most fun with Ireland. It was very difficult to form Ireland though. I started with one province and formed Ireland, conquered Scotland, and I'm trying to conquer England now. I divided England into several states by getting a claimant to my side and I conquer province by province. Overexpanding usually results in civil wars.

Best way to totally conquer a nation is getting the invasion permission from Pope.

Also, this is the least buggy Paradox game ever.

Anybody know a way to stop every vassal declaring independence when you die and your heir claims the throne? I know it's inevitable but anything that can make the civil war less bloody would be good enough for me. At least ten vassals end up in my dungeons every 50 years.
CK1 had a similar problem. The solution I found there was that on the day my heir took the throne, he promptly ladled out big, fat bribes gifts to the most disloyal vassals, until they were at least at 50 loyalty or higher. If there was one or two chronically disloyal vassals, or vassals whom I wanted to take down a notch or two, I'd leave them alone and let them break away, then promptly kick their ass and either deprive them of some holdings to restore balance of power or revassalize them and revoke my own claims, thus dropping my badboy by several points.

Had to be quick though, and only let 1-2 vassals break at any given time, or you risked the dreaded Realm Duress (I always play CK: DVIP).

I'd think CK2 would work for the same basic idea (buying loyalty). Kinda tough if you're not a massive empire, but then you don't have that many vassals either.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2012, 04:36:49 pm »

You can only bribe someone once, though. There's always non-land titles you can give people, but there's not many of them. A trick I learnt was to not fulfill marriage wishes of people who already like me (unless they ask for it) so my heir can do it instead if they don't like him. Your heir will also receive a relation.ship bonus with his mentor, if you can stand giving away the change to mold him yourself (also only let him be mentored by people with positive traits, wards have high chance of taking after their mentors).
Love, scriver~

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 15, 2012, 04:43:24 pm »

I wonder if CK2 has a hidden BadBoy mechanic.

I've started a game as the King of Galicia and I'm impressed by how much more difficult it is to play it than CK2. CK1 Galicia/Iberian Catholic was more of a matter of gobbling up the Muslim minors and eventually being able to steamroll the bigger ones. CK2, however, puts you in a more difficult situation where your only neighbouring expansion opportunity may be one big realm and your dynasty and family relations are more complicated.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 15, 2012, 08:16:49 pm »

Anybody know a way to stop every vassal declaring independence when you die and your heir claims the throne? I know it's inevitable but anything that can make the civil war less bloody would be good enough for me. At least ten vassals end up in my dungeons guillotines every 50 years.

There you go.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 15, 2012, 08:43:10 pm »

Except guillotines post date the end of the game by over three hundred years.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2012, 09:10:01 pm »

Banishment!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RaySmuckles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 15, 2012, 09:24:20 pm »

What's the default screenshot key? I'm in the Military tutorial right now, and it seems to be stuck or bugged or something... would like to show a screenshot but printscreen is just capturing my desktop behind the game for some reason.

Landed my troops on Moray Firth, and the tutorial tooltip on the top right just says "Landing: Don't forget to unpause or your order will not be executed."

The game is not paused, my troops are landed on Moray Firth, and nothing is happening... anybody seen this? Restarted the tutorial twice now, stuck at the same spot.

Edit: Aha... It wants me to go to Moray, not Moray Firth. They need an objectives list for the tutorials. Hehe.

Edit #2: Great, now it has me marching to Argyll, and it paused to tell me to wait for the battle end screen. My troops are still 9 days away from arriving in Argyll and I can't unpause the game. This seems so glitchy...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:31:17 pm by RaySmuckles »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2012, 09:35:59 pm »

It's f12 I think.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 15, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »

F12 for screenshot, F11 for world map picture, yeah.
Love, scriver~

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 15, 2012, 09:59:54 pm »

Downloaded this from steam.  Half the flags aren't displaying.  Black shields everywhere.  Saaaaad.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 15, 2012, 10:20:38 pm »

try verifying the cache. if that doesn't work, reinstall.

PEWPEWCHEWCHEW

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:08 pm »

I did a preview Let's play a while ago here.

http://youtu.be/yxI_ukQkJJA

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 16, 2012, 02:21:16 am »

Started a new game as a French Count, the De Thouars on the west coast. (I have never started as anything higher then Count and probably never will)

Interesting start seeing as you have a Non-Dynasty Son who is your fucking heir so if your Count dies without getting Elective law it's game over.

Fortunately I managed to get both a Son and Elective law so I managed to get him set up as my Heir.

Unfortunately I accepted that's son's name without looking with more then a passing glance so my heir has the French version of the name "Joffrey"  All hail the eventual Count Jerkface.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 16, 2012, 03:01:07 am »

I just fought a five year war for the duchy of bumfuck, Wales in the hopes of gaining a loyal vassal on the Isles and when I finally win, because I'm a Duke too, he's like "lol same rank" and runs off and leaves me.

The son of a bitch.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27:10 am »

Started a new game as a French Count, the De Thouars on the west coast. (I have never started as anything higher then Count and probably never will)

Interesting start seeing as you have a Non-Dynasty Son who is your fucking heir so if your Count dies without getting Elective law it's game over.

Fortunately I managed to get both a Son and Elective law so I managed to get him set up as my Heir.

Unfortunately I accepted that's son's name without looking with more then a passing glance so my heir has the French version of the name "Joffrey"  All hail the eventual Count Jerkface.
I would have just murdered the brat.
Actually, that seems to be how I solve most of my problems in this game... huh, I'm a bit of a bastard, aren't I?
Murder is just so good at fixing things in this game, though.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1002