Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092752 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 announced!
« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2012, 11:38:48 pm »

Did they fix the event that lets you sleep with your daughter?

If not, that's a sure stop on the inbred train!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2012, 11:42:45 pm »

Wow. Looking at that guys family tree, it looks like between his great, great, great, great, great grandparents and him there were only five marriages outside of the family tree.

WTF mate?

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 14, 2012, 11:58:28 pm »

Is there a way to update the prerelease version to the release one?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2012, 01:43:24 am »

If you can do worse than Charles II of Spain, then you can declare yourself a true King.

I know a much better Charles II, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2kyNbZc7oc

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2012, 01:56:07 am »

Damn new version of dwarf fortress...

Oh, is anyone noticing multiple problems with vassals NOT gaining respect/PR points for any sort of assignment to royal tutoring? I have tried and tried and tried but even taking a mentor on and off multiple times does nothing to his/her respect for me, it's pretty annoying as that extra +20 could potentially make or break the relationship. Yet, when I get the EVENT that has a vassal requesting to be a mentor for a (already being mentored) child, if I accept/deny their proposal from there THEN the vassals involved in removing/being appointed a tutor get the according -15/+20, so I know there's something up.

Also, most of the time my events are completely fudged up, such as there being two or three options that sometimes only lead to one result! It's pretty obnoxious. The events system in this game is rather... Dull so far as well, to be honest. Looks like they've just left everything vanilla and easily moddable and didn't really try to get dynamic with it, but oh well, that's what the Paradox plaza is for.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 15, 2012, 02:03:37 am »

I'm not entirely sure this is what you are talking about, but event options are influenced by traits. Such as if you have Lustful, you have no option but to indulge in making bastards when such an event fires.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2012, 02:59:16 am »

I know it was for the pre-order, but I still really dislike the fact that there is day one DLC.  It's disappointing, to say the least, even though I wasn't planning on buying for a few months and especially so since I really enjoyed the original.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2012, 03:46:36 am »

I'm not entirely sure this is what you are talking about, but event options are influenced by traits. Such as if you have Lustful, you have no option but to indulge in making bastards when such an event fires.

I'm talking about when an event fires and I get two or more options to choose from, while flavour text #1 and flavour text #2 may be completely different, when I run the mouse over them they've both got the exact same tooltips. A good example is having a Great Hunt going with a leader who is Craven, and one of the events that gets fired involves the vassals finding a bear or something along those lines, and the three options are along the lines of: "Just do it already!" [aka I'm a coward someone else do it] "I'll let x do it!" and the rather obvious "Oh no, pick anyone but me!" option, while each of them SHOULD have given completely different reactions, they all had the same tooltip of +15 Prestige and 25% chance of skillup/75% chance of a mortal wound. So it's not just me imagining things, unless of course they designed the event system to have multiple events with options that don't matter!

I also don't get any respect changes from most mundane events when they say they will affect a certain so-and-so's disposition. It's kindof annoying, as my only options to increase respect is bribing [which is capped at one usage and only adds 20] or giving positions/titles/honorary titles, which is limiting me from being a conquering prick.

Also, I started a new game as Munster. 1090 and Ireland is formed, what else is there to do as Ireland though? I've already solidified my dynasty as supreme here, and made two antipopes with the power I've earned slowly annexing the half of Ireland I needed to make the rest willingly submit to my rule, hah. I feel like this game reaaaaally needs the modding scene to come in and flesh it out. It's fun but it all feels very vanilla. Unless all the dynamic events are being hidden from me!

Anyway, back to Necromancy, I have no time for medieval shenanigans tonight.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:49:53 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2012, 03:57:34 am »

Hey, I started as Munster too! It's fun actually. Though I feel like mercs are overpowered in the minors scene. Me and that one province that Munster has a claim on were duking it out (har har) and he'd wrecked all my troops. I drop 60 gold and bam, 1500 men and he's not got a chance in hell any more.

Also, question: is there any easier way to get claims other than trying to fabricate one? I know you could use prestige to force a claim in the original game. It's just, it's been 4 years and no dice and frankly, there's not a lot to do.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2012, 04:16:22 am »

Also, question: is there any easier way to get claims other than trying to fabricate one? I know you could use prestige to force a claim in the original game. It's just, it's been 4 years and no dice and frankly, there's not a lot to do.

Click on the specific coat-of-arms for the title and it will take you to the screen where you can revoke and see all sorts of options concerning titles [don't ask how to get to this screen otherwise, I have no idea!], basically, if there's people listed under 'claimant' for any title, be it duke or count or baron, you can invite them to your court so you can use their title claims as justification to go to war and give the claims to that claimant, for a boost to prestige, and an automatic 100-support vassal willing to shovel you money and votes. And your kids. Actually, I'm pretty sure the counts/dukes of Leinster and Connahct are going to write books about me, I mean, I did give them their lands for free after steamrolling the enemies. One of them was all the way off in bumfuck Sweden when I called him to my court.

It's how I took over Ireland without a fuss, it's a pretty simple system once you figure it out. And if you can't find a legitimate claimant for a title, you'll either have to marry your blood into it [matrilineal!] before said person is an heir, which takes some foresight and balls if you're willing to take out a few successors to let your daughter's son take a title from a dead count. A pretty good simulator or medieval politics, to say the least.

Also, I had a really big bug where all of my tax and levy and Imperial laws were suddenly reset to default... I have no idea why. Upsetting, since it took a 50 year reign of The Fat to get my laws how they were.

Also also, don't forget to always upgrade your castles! For about 400 gold you can have a total of 100 heavy infantry, 60 pikemen, 90 archers, and about 120 light infantry added to your levies. My capitol now has a total of 1.4k troops to output, since I rather ruthlessly stole the bisphoric and city and made it Imperial right off the bat to make a foothold.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:30:06 am by Mictlantecuhtli »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2012, 04:49:17 am »

What kind of buildings you can build also varies with culture. Germans have one that gives extra heavy cavalry, for example, and Italians have one that gives extra pikemen and makes them stronger, but less of the other types of troops.

Also, for you Irelanders - the obvious next step is to unite the Celtic world and kick the damn Germans out of Britannia.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2012, 07:23:39 am »

I'm talking about when an event fires and I get two or more options to choose from, while flavour text #1 and flavour text #2 may be completely different, when I run the mouse over them they've both got the exact same tooltips. A good example is having a Great Hunt going with a leader who is Craven, and one of the events that gets fired involves the vassals finding a bear or something along those lines, and the three options are along the lines of: "Just do it already!" [aka I'm a coward someone else do it] "I'll let x do it!" and the rather obvious "Oh no, pick anyone but me!" option, while each of them SHOULD have given completely different reactions, they all had the same tooltip of +15 Prestige and 25% chance of skillup/75% chance of a mortal wound. So it's not just me imagining things, unless of course they designed the event system to have multiple events with options that don't matter!

Looking through the events files (and vaguely remembering something from the forums), it's clear that the identical tooltips are once again one of Paradox's many bugs. They are supposed to have different effects, but something's broken.

Though to be fair, this is probably the most bug-free Pdox release yet.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2012, 11:13:34 am »

Got my game today! :D

Also, if Ireland bores you, try a region with a little more action. Anywhere around the fringes of Christiandom would do, I think, especially Spain and Easternmost Byzantinum.

Also also, William the Bastarly Conqueror won in my first game :D
Love, scriver~

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2012, 02:01:44 pm »

I had the most fun with Ireland. It was very difficult to form Ireland though. I started with one province and formed Ireland, conquered Scotland, and I'm trying to conquer England now. I divided England into several states by getting a claimant to my side and I conquer province by province. Overexpanding usually results in civil wars.

Best way to totally conquer a nation is getting the invasion permission from Pope.

Also, this is the least buggy Paradox game ever.

Anybody know a way to stop every vassal declaring independence when you die and your heir claims the throne? I know it's inevitable but anything that can make the civil war less bloody would be good enough for me. At least ten vassals end up in my dungeons every 50 years.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:31:51 pm by Leatra »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 15, 2012, 03:14:20 pm »

Make them like your heir? :P
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1002