Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092757 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 announced!
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2012, 01:43:49 pm »

It. Is. Installing.

EDIT: Oh shit. I just realized that the new DF was released. Why did they have to be released the same day...
Obviously, to compete for your love and affection. Choose carefully, for whomsoever you spurn may reward you in the future with bugs and unexplained crashes. Games get jealous like that.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2012, 02:26:39 pm »

Started a game as the Duke of Portucale. Cue the muslims all mobbing up to get a piece of me in a holy war, and my loser liege submitting.

Quickest game over ever? Got a nice 162 score, woah!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2012, 02:54:15 pm »

As always with Paradox titles I can't decide who to play first :(

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2012, 03:01:02 pm »

Go for some two-bit count in the middle of nowhere. :3 Or Dioclea/Serbian duke.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2012, 03:49:55 pm »

Blergh, I was helping my wife (Danish Duke) in her war for the Danish crown as King of Hungary (and Croatia and Serbia) when my ruler died and I was kicked out of the war. Kinda stupid if you ask me, but my Danish grandma seems to still win the war.
The only reason to to join the war was of course so the Danish heir would be an Árpád and an ally till the end of the game. Than my grandma decided to troll me with her elective laws.
Note to self: It has no use to marry Danish rulers..

Also, it really sucks if Byzantium decides to join a plot for lower crown authority. Their plot power is probably over 100% as they can be the only backer. I was bashing my vassal who I thought had no allies until I noticed the Byzantine Doomstacks owning the countryside. What I DO love however, is that losing a (civil) war doesn't end in me ragequiting but just delays one of my plans with a generation.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 14, 2012, 04:01:56 pm »

Two things. One, I found my first bug. Clicking back after being prompted to select a ruler froze the game for me. May just be a one off thing, cause I doubt they'd miss something like that. Never bought a Paradox game on release before, this is gonna be funnnn.

Two: Jerusalem is white! That's actually super awesome because it was orange-ish in Crusader Kings 1 and you might remember the excellent LP Kingdom Come where the author tweaked the settings to make Jerusalem white. I doubt that's a coincidence. It's neat when the creators take an interest in fan work.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 14, 2012, 05:25:50 pm »

They fixed the clicking after pressing play bug.
I so massively regret pre-ordering  :(

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2012, 05:56:48 pm »

Why the hell would they do that? Well, the modders will probably be able to bring it back in. Nope, the devs disabled it completely.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:20:53 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 14, 2012, 06:33:54 pm »

Why the hell would they do that? Well, the modders will probably be able to bring it back in. Nope, the devs disabled it completely.
They did it so that they can charge $5 to bring the feature back by making it impossible for modders to just do it themselves.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 14, 2012, 06:36:11 pm »

Pretty much. They'll be adding features at least when it comes...Then again you only have to pay for the chance to play pagan/muslim, not the content that comes with them.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 14, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »

Yeah, but it saps my morale to see Paradox, of all things, turn slowly into a typical videogame company. Thankfully there's the new version of DF to play.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 14, 2012, 06:47:26 pm »

That be the way of things, unfortunate as that is...Still better than EA at least.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 14, 2012, 06:58:45 pm »

I alredy gave You instruction how to play pagan/muslim character on last page:
How to play as pagan (beta worked, demo don't because can't save, should work on release):
1. Start game.
2. Save and quit.
3. Edit your save:
- find your character
- delete ' player=yes ' line
- find character you want to play
- add ' player=yes ' line
4. Save changes.
5. Start game, load save file, DO NOT click on map (changing character) and press play.
6. Conquer Catholic world.
If that doesnt work you may also need to change player=NUMBER in some of top lines to that char's number.

Paradox'ies may now call crusade on me. Deus Vult!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 14, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »

I think the first thing I'm going to do (if I can tear myself away from the newest DF release) is to play as the Isle of Man and attempt the create the most inbred dynasty I can.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 14, 2012, 11:06:28 pm »

I think the first thing I'm going to do (if I can tear myself away from the newest DF release) is to play as the Isle of Man and attempt the create the most inbred dynasty I can.

If you can do worse than Charles II of Spain, then you can declare yourself a true King.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1002