Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092755 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 announced!
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2012, 03:53:59 pm »

Cities provide the least amount of men, and fall the easiest, though. But yeah, as Ireland I always tried to keep the county with a city capital in my direct care. A few cities can be very useful, as long as your castles are upgraded enough to defend them on their own... On the other hand, cities provide the money to upgrade your castles as well.

Also no problem, ReeKing. Just ask again if you need anything. I remember all too well the Victoria II and Sengoku experience ;)
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2012, 04:01:14 pm »

You can make any county have a city as a capital by giving the county to a mayor.

I think that's how it works.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2012, 04:04:42 pm »

Also, on the character page, there is a button with two rings you can press which brings up a menu of eligible people of all ages.

Spoiler: Like so (click to show/hide)

how you pagan

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2012, 04:20:34 pm »

How to play as pagan (beta worked, demo don't because can't save, should work on release):
1. Start game.
2. Save and quit.
3. Edit your save:
- find your character
- delete ' player=yes ' line
- find character you want to play
- add ' player=yes ' line
4. Save changes.
5. Start game, load save file, DO NOT click on map (changing character) and press play.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2012, 04:27:30 pm »

The Af Bornholms have some serious Dwarven blood in them.

16 years old and a full fledged beard, Egil's son has the exact same beard at 16 too.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2012, 04:36:05 pm »

Also no problem, ReeKing.

Reeking? I'll have you know I shower daily, sirrah.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2012, 04:49:22 pm »

You can make any county have a city as a capital by giving the county to a mayor.

I think that's how it works.

While I don't know about that, I only meant to describe which county I was talking about. You can own any settlement in a county anyway, I think, but a conquering a settlement with one as capital undoubtedly makes it easier.

how you pagan

I think you can do it with the play anyone trick (after pressing play, select the county you want to play as before it starts loading), but the screenshot is an official one, I think, I just copied it off the Internets. Mongols don't look like that unless you get the Mongol Makeover DLC.

pre-edit: lastverb's trick is probably better for the full game, but for the demo, above trick works.

Also no problem, ReeKing.

Reeking? I'll have you know I shower daily, sirrah.  :P

Well, something stinks around here, and it ain't me!

...Actually, I hope it isn't you either. That would be a little creepy.

Also it was a cellphone typo ;)
Love, scriver~

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2012, 05:00:33 pm »

I assassinated the less desirable heir, though everyone found out. The penalties aren't actually too bad, it's just -3 diplomacy, -10 opinion for being 'dishonourable' and having your family hate you. My current ruler is about 50, so he should hopefully kick the bucket sometime soon. Killing the original heir also means I won't lose one of my duchies.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2012, 05:02:44 pm »

Man, I'm going to have to buy this game just because of how epic you all are making it sound.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2012, 05:46:24 pm »

The Af Bornholms have some serious Dwarven blood in them.

According to the manual there's even a "dwarf" trait ! none of my characters were born with it yet though. I kinda hit a boring spot on my current game (some dude is warring against me endlessly and my king hates me), so i think i'm going to use the trick to play who you want, restart as a city-state (i'm thinking Genoa), and leverage my money to make more and more money, using mercenaries to defend against people (or conquer them).

Edit : Actually it seems that they have corrected the exploits allowing you to play as something different than intended :/
If you click play and then quickly select an unauthorized country, you lose instantly, and if you modify your save (i had to modify more than just the player=yes line by the way, such as player id and player realm), well then when you try to load the modified save, the "Play" button just stays grey (and i guess even if you could press it, you would auto-lose.

So much for that... i guess i'll just play a neighbor of Genoa and conquer them !
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:15:35 pm by Sirian »

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2012, 06:11:58 pm »

This game is incredible. I just played through the demo with the duchy of lancaster. The king granted me the duchy of hereford, and I came very close to inheriting york(my ruler died about a month before its ruler) I then defected from england, joined scotland, and conquered wales. Is there any way to get around the 20 year time limit other than setting the start date earlier?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »

I assassinated the less desirable heir, though everyone found out. The penalties aren't actually too bad, it's just -3 diplomacy, -10 opinion for being 'dishonourable' and having your family hate you. My current ruler is about 50, so he should hopefully kick the bucket sometime soon. Killing the original heir also means I won't lose one of my duchies.
This is why Free Investiture is badass, by the way. Just appoint that dumbass to be the successor to any number of bishoprics, relegating him to a humble church career.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 14, 2012, 10:12:34 am »

Coming home, ready to play, I seee... three hours till Steam releases the game. This is just too cruel.

The first game comes free if you prepurchase from Steam, which is nice. Maybe I ought to install and play that for these three hours.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 14, 2012, 01:24:47 pm »

It. Is. Installing.

EDIT: Oh shit. I just realized that the new DF was released. Why did they have to be released the same day...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:32:01 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 14, 2012, 01:39:26 pm »

I've got it installed on steam. Unfortunately, the pre-release saves aren't compatible with the release version. I might start a game as an Irish minor or a southern Italian. Or an Iberian realm.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1002