Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093197 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 announced!
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2012, 10:29:12 am »

Don't have the dough for it, but I'm excited for this game. I have a very hard time getting into Grand Strategy games, and CK1 was the only one I ever felt compelled to play for very long.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2012, 12:21:36 pm »

There is a 97,8% chance there will be released either or both a Muslim or Pagan DLC eventually, with new gameplay elements tailored to those cultures and religions.

THIS I want!

Also, what are these bugs everyone is talking about? Maybe I haven't played the demo long enough, but I didn't encounter a single bug. Believe me, I was surprised aswell. :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2012, 03:30:26 pm »

There is a 97,8% chance there will be released either or both a Muslim or Pagan DLC eventually, with new gameplay elements tailored to those cultures and religions.

THIS I want!

This I DON'T WANT. Everything can be done in a mod so long as Paradox doesn't purposely remove the potential to play as a non-christian nation. This "DLC as a solution to every problem!" sentiment is honestly just ridiculous in my opinion as the game is built from the ground up to be modded.
If there is a way to play as non-christians, then there is a 100% chance of various mods catering to it, and I'll be personally modding my own game for it from day 1.
If there isn't, then several months from now everyone will have to pay $5 for a simple piece of gameplay which could have been both quick and free.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2012, 04:49:09 pm »

I'm not certain it's something that's that easy to mod in. To do it properly, it would take more than just events - you'd need different game mechanics for the different customs and government structures to make it anything more than a cheap illusion that you're playing as pagans or Muslims (basically like Orthodox Europe and especially the Byzantine Empire and Ethiopia is now). It would depend on how much is hard coded and how much is modable.

Also about DOCs - would you be happier if it was called "expansion"? Because it's the same thing. Paradox announced they won't be releasing any more expansions like they used to, opting for a (hopefully still reasonably priced) modular DLC distribution.
Love, scriver~

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2012, 05:20:36 pm »

Also about DOCs - would you be happier if it was called "expansion"? Because it's the same thing. Paradox announced they won't be releasing any more expansions like they used to, opting for a (hopefully still reasonably priced) modular DLC distribution.

I really like the way Paradox handles DLC, especially the little sprite packs. They entertain me muchly. That said, I have a comfortable amount of disposable income right now, and I am very much of the "shut up and take my money!" mentality when it comes to real quality developers.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2012, 08:07:21 pm »

In some news, you can get CK2 on steam now.

Worth noting you get a copy of CK if you preorder CK2 with steam.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to play as one of those small Mediterranean Islands in CK.
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2012, 08:06:14 am »

My copy of CK2 arrived 4 days early, however due to Steam's furious cockblocking, I just have to sit and look at it until Tuesday. Fuck you, Steam >:(

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2012, 01:00:51 pm »

My copy of CK2 arrived 4 days early, however due to Steam's furious cockblocking, I just have to sit and look at it until Tuesday. Fuck you, Steam >:(

Scan the manual for us!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2012, 01:50:00 pm »

Scan the manual for us!

I hope you're not serious, it has a goddamn spine it's that big :P

EDIT: However, here is a picture as proof:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2012, 01:53:07 pm »

Uh, guys? You do know that the manual has been available online for a few days, yes? If not:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?583630-Crusader-Kings-II-Manual
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2012, 01:53:50 pm »

Scan the manual for us!

I hope you're not serious, it has a goddamn spine it's that big :P

EDIT: However, here is a picture as proof:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think it's funny how you have a physical disc but no game. Regardless, that's a really cool game box/manual/CD :P
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:44:59 am by freeformschooler »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2012, 02:03:08 pm »

Go go Ivanhoe your da supah meddie bro!
Love, scriver~

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2012, 02:17:48 pm »

I think it's funny how you have a physical disc but no game. Regardless, that's a really game box/manual/CD :P

Yeah, there must be some kind of loophole Steam have managed to exploit, since surely the fact that I physically own the game and have paid for it legitimately, shouldn't that mean I should be able to play it?

I long for the day when the only copy protection was it asking you to copy words from the manual  :'(

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2012, 04:25:23 pm »

Not to mention the loveliness that is the fact that only those raising the Jolly Roger are set for a weekend of crusading as a result.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2012, 04:45:07 pm »

Not to mention the loveliness that is the fact that only those raising the Jolly Roger are set for a weekend of crusading as a result.

*checks website*

Aw, shit... ... that's really tempting...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1002