Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092789 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9810 on: March 05, 2016, 12:59:35 pm »

I've had like, once, when an assassination triggered at under 100% plot power, but that's been over 300+ hours. So at least cross 100% plot power.
Yeah, the way the plots work is that the chance to trigger increases significantly when at 100% and above.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: March 05, 2016, 01:05:07 pm »

I've had like, once, when an assassination triggered at under 100% plot power, but that's been over 300+ hours. So at least cross 100% plot power.

Also, can you declare war outside the realm? Go after some pagans if you can. If you can't, try to work on assassinating the Emperor or forming/joining a faction to lower crown authority. The assassinating emperor is to try and get a regent in place who might lower crown authority, they tend to do that.
That's what I was hoping to do but whenever someone tries to do it, king's foreign allies roll into town. So at least I will have to see my king dead first. Also half of the world seem to have fabricated claims on me, so whenever I revolt, some Austrian jerk rolls into town.
Not sure about outside the realm, but everyone who's on par with me in terms of levies had been eaten by other nations.

What does it mean if I have "holding of wrong type"? I tried to get rid of this and accidentally granted a country to my nephew.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: March 05, 2016, 01:15:38 pm »

It means you hold a town or a bishopric/chapel if you're a feudal lord or a castle or chapel when you're a republic patrician, and any developed holding as a tribal chief (not sure about nomadic stuff). You can generally get away with assigning them to barons (right click on it in the holding view of a county, and click the... small crown option, I think it's the top one in the triangle)

However there's also the wrong government type, which works along similar grounds. A vassal of count rank or above holds a non-feudal holding as their capital (basically anything that isn't a castle) or because they are tribal/nomadic (not sure about that one, as I've not played with nomads yet) when you're a feudal government, non-city holdings when you're a republic government, and a developed, non-camp holding as a tribal government.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: March 05, 2016, 02:33:17 pm »

Deleted my most recent saves by accident when cleaning up the savegame folder so I decided to start a campaign as Bavaria to try some dynastic magic.
Everything was going pretty mediocre until someone got the king of Eastern Francia dead, leaving the realm with a 1 year old infant on the throne and me as the heir. Sadly one night the baby proved itself too stupid to ever rule a country and choked on his own pillow, oh the disaster!
Now I'm king of a huge blob, drowning in threat, every vassal hates me and wants me to lower crown authority, and I'm making so little money I have no hope of ever repaying that loan I didn't even know I took. But I'm king of Eastern Francia, so there's that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: March 05, 2016, 04:04:55 pm »

I've gained a fondness for having Theocratic vassals run my realm everywhere I don't oversee directly. They don't have dynastic inheritance, so they don't acquire claims through marriage, new priests generate spontaneously on the last ones death so you never have to deal with vassals being kids, and if you're the leader of the faith, such as the Norse Fylkir, there's no wrong government penalty.  :D

Downsides are that you need a mod to overcome the cap on priests with counties and you need to cheat the ones you want to be kings into having the title since you can't give them kingdoms normally. Why can't the viking pope decide to have a theocratic nation normally? Not a clue, and it bugs me.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: March 05, 2016, 05:03:14 pm »

As a pagan I got in the habit of setting up my daughters as high priestesses.  Giving each on a temple then the county, even a duchy when possible.  IIRC they used "random asshat" succession, and generally got eaten away by other vassals.  Still, dedicating whole counties to Odin and extending nepotism to my daughters was fun.  I don't remember having much issue with vassal theocracies.  I guess they get the wrong government modifier, but they pay religious tax instead of vassal tax which can be quite profitable.  And they have much better levies than a republic, not to mention the complications of a vassal coastal republic...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: March 06, 2016, 12:08:03 am »

I feel as though hands that are not my own are guiding the fate of the Empire of Ald-Cyrod. There are an increasing number of Dunmer families within the realm (though there have been no wars between us and them), and both of my non-Dunmer sons were victims of assassination. Also little sidenote, my Dunmer's name is Caligula.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: March 06, 2016, 07:47:28 pm »

A Namira worshiper just became Emperor of Tamriel.

I'm beginning to doubt the usefulness of tanistry.

EDIT: Alva claims Holger is promoting vile heresies. Naturally, I'm slightly concerned, since Holger controls Ada-Mantia. I check Holger... nope, worships the Nine Divines like any prior ought to. Alva, however, worships Vaermina. How strange.

EDIT 2: Urjahbi just told me that Ra'Jahirr was promoting heresies. No shit. This is the Empire of Tamriel, both of you people are from Elseweyr and follow the same religion.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:30:57 pm by Putnam »

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: March 06, 2016, 08:12:51 pm »

Hey, aside from 3 totally evil ones the Daedra aren't generally that bad.
I mean, at least they're not the elven gods and want to blow up reality (or whatever Auri-EL wanted the Aldmeri to do).

Compared to that guy the prince of repulsion sounds outright cozy.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: March 06, 2016, 10:01:48 pm »

Hey, aside from 3 totally evil ones the Daedra aren't generally that bad.
Honestly, even the god of rape isn't entirely bad.
I mean, at least they're not the elven gods and want to blow up reality.
It's more like they want to escape reality, and destroying it is a necessary step in that. They want to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them. And since they predate the universe and the earthbones remember the time before time, they know the nature of the undiscovered country, and they consider it actually pretty great. That's a common trend among the divinities forced to exist, incidentally.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: March 06, 2016, 10:19:24 pm »

i'd say molag bal is pretty bad. I mean on the one hand:
Quote from: Sermon 12
...'I told you,' Vivec said, 'I am meant to be the teacher of the king of the earth. AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME.'

With these magic words, the King of Rape added another: 'CHIM,' which is the secret syllable of royalty....
Quote from: Sermon 36
...Later, and by that I mean much, much later, my reign will be seen as an act of the highest love, which is a return from the astral destiny and the marriages between....

Quote from: Loveletter
...Know Love to avoid the Landfall, my brothers and sisters of the past.

But on the other hand, he plans in ESO to destroy the Towers for some ungodly reason (the only actual source of this is some random-ass raid boss who says outright that Molag Bal plans to destroy the Towers, but she doesn't seem to know why).

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: March 09, 2016, 05:09:43 am »

My Dunmer emperor of Ald-Cyrod has led the successful invasion of Argonia and purging of those who hold faith in the Old Gods and Hagraven Cults. After a period of rebuilding and extended peace after so much bloodshed, Emperor Caligula led his forces into his native lands. It was during this war that a victim of some plague grabbed all up on him, and though the servants who burned the clothes died of said plague, Caligula did not.

He was, instead, granted Immortality.

So the first Dunmer Emperor is an Immortal with Nordic, Dumner, and Chimer lineages sprouting out beneath him. There was also an Orc adventurer that Caligula bested, then decided to make a landed noble out of anyway, on his terms. All dude had to do was ask.

EDIT: Oh, and the Immortality event came after Caligula drank one of his son's potions that granted him both Tall and Agile. I'm gonna be so sad when he gets assassinated like most of his family.

EDIT EDIT: Just saw that he very recently turned 100 too. Best birthday ever.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: That Orc I brought in got a claim for the throne of Orsinium, so now the Orsimer have been pulled into the empire.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 06:01:02 am by Man of Paper »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: March 09, 2016, 12:34:28 pm »

i didn't feel like mentioning that he was the king of rape because it's... literally his title

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: March 09, 2016, 02:18:17 pm »

There's a bit of a difference between talking about him being the King of Rape and talking about the act of violating women so much that they become bloodsucking nocturnal parasites.

I don't mean that in the "One is much worse!" kind of "bit of a difference" but I mean only in the literal sense: He was talking about a particular subset of the Kings... tasks.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: March 09, 2016, 02:24:08 pm »

I assumed his title referred to figurative rape, in fact I think it does?  I didn't know he did the physical act also.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 1002