Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092827 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9795 on: March 04, 2016, 08:01:10 pm »

Anyone who talks like they have a potato in their mouth can use Tanistry.

Which basically means anyone but the English/normans. Dunno about Anglos.
...so Danes got added, too? :P
*runs*

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: March 04, 2016, 09:14:00 pm »

Well if the Anglo-Saxons can use Tanistry then by a certain kind of logic, yes the Danes CAN use Tanistry. ;P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: March 04, 2016, 09:59:31 pm »

Nah, anglo-saxons don't have access to it. They're in the North Germanic (?) culture group.
West Germanic, but yeah they can't.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: March 04, 2016, 11:37:19 pm »

About a dozen nobles just walked into my court and my purse is now 3000 coins heavier. I don't understand what happened.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: March 05, 2016, 01:02:43 am »

I reformed the Empire of Cyrodiil! Because my character is a proud-ass git, I've decided that for roleplaying purposes (since the game doesn't keep track at all) that the year that I reformed the Empire of Cyrodiil is the beginning of the Third Era (Tiber Septim didn't do it until he actually got control of all Tamriel IIRC; at least, the plot of Redguard revolves quite a lot around Tiber Septim trying to get Hammerfell into his Empire of Tamriel in the late Second Era IIRC). The Empire of Cyrodiil was founded thus:

2E 450: Carmalo began his conquest of Cyrodiil.

2E 524: Carmalo founded the Kingdom of Cyrodiil. In the meantime, he became immortal through magic.

2E 533: Carmalo began conquering Skyrim. This time, he was a bit more efficient, trying to grab claims and such as quickly as possible.

2E 583: Carmalo had conquered most of Skyrim by this point. In the meantime, he had also gained the Amulet of Kings.

3E 1: Carmalo created the Empire of Cyrodiil, as joint king of Skyrim and Cyrodiil, then promptly gave control of Skyrim to Neran, his great-great-grandson.

3E 11: Carmalo began conquering High Rock.

3E 26: Carmalo founds the kingdom of High Rock. High Rock, compared to Skyrim, was hilariously splintered (rare was a realm more than two counties, and those tended to be duchies that didn't hold much of their de jure area, allowing for usurping to destabilize things a lot) and half the size besides and gives control of it to Donvar, his great-great-great grandson and Neran's son.

3E 29: Neran dies and is replaced with Skyrim's tanist and Neran's grandson, Cocisto. His son is a Breton, ain't that something.

Carmalo is 189 right now. It's actually quite lore friendly that people aren't suspicious; the Janus Hassildor at the time of Oblivion had been around for over a hundred years IIRC and people were just like "oh he's a powerful mage" (though, really, he's a vampire; the fact that he was well-regarded probably helped convince people that nothign was too amiss).

Also, the oldest living mortal right now is Alfe Fyr, Divayth Fyr's first daughter/wife/clone. Divayth Fyr appears to have been assassinated 2E 542.  There should probably be some checks on learning for avoiding assassinations for mages, if that's possible. It probably isn't, now that I think of it, since there aren't already. Bolyn Hlaalu currently controls Tel Fyr, weirdly enough.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: March 05, 2016, 01:26:28 am »

I just had an event where Count Mhorus of Glademist told me of Count Mhorus of Glademist's misdeeds.

He was blind and mute, which makes me think he probably meant to tell someone else.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: March 05, 2016, 01:27:22 am »

I get that way too often. One guy did it twice in a month.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: March 05, 2016, 03:27:45 am »

So as soon as Cyrodiil had a Dunmer prince everyone starts dropping dead of Knahaten. 10/10 coincidence.

EDIT: So I go post that and my king is assassinated, putting a Dunmer child on the throne.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:30:43 am by Man of Paper »

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: March 05, 2016, 03:42:14 am »

I'm stuck with a lame duchy, de jure claim on piece of Byzantine empire, and personal holding of three counties. My king seems to be content fighting someone else's wars, crusade against Holy Roman Empire had come to halt and with high crown authority I seem to be out of things to do. I figure I just sit tight for my survivor achievement.

Any advice?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: March 05, 2016, 12:00:12 pm »

I can't consume anything. I can't even press claims anymore, because crown authority will not allow.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: March 05, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »

Try marrying heirs so that eventually you can assassinate a few people and take control?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: March 05, 2016, 12:33:31 pm »

Try marrying heirs so that eventually you can assassinate a few people and take control?

Have a ton of kids. Try to convert as much of the realm as possible to your bloodline.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: March 05, 2016, 12:44:31 pm »

Like they would allow me to marry someone important.

On topic of assasination - do I need to cross some plot power threshold?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: March 05, 2016, 12:49:42 pm »

I've had like, once, when an assassination triggered at under 100% plot power, but that's been over 300+ hours. So at least cross 100% plot power.

Also, can you declare war outside the realm? Go after some pagans if you can. If you can't, try to work on assassinating the Emperor or forming/joining a faction to lower crown authority. The assassinating emperor is to try and get a regent in place who might lower crown authority, they tend to do that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: March 05, 2016, 12:52:15 pm »

The Dunmer king, of ah, Al-Cyrod, married his lover after his wife, claimant to the holdings within Hjaalmarch, was executed after trying to grab her rightful titles through force. My Dunmer's lover, oddly enough, was another Eight Divines Dunmer. Hoping at some point I can get the family back to the Almsivi faith.
Pages: 1 ... 652 653 [654] 655 656 ... 1002