Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090008 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9135 on: October 29, 2015, 09:55:01 pm »

Getting a massive dynasty isnt too hard, getting a massive dynasty that doesnt somehow end up with 99% retarded people is ridiculous.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: October 29, 2015, 09:56:47 pm »

Well, they all jut start to imbreed at the cousin level once there's enough of them that are counts/dukes.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9137 on: October 30, 2015, 04:15:59 am »

Getting a massive dynasty isnt too hard, getting a massive dynasty that doesnt somehow end up with 99% retarded people is ridiculous.
Not if you grow by assimilating other people's dynasties

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: October 30, 2015, 06:42:17 am »

Not if you grow by assimilating other people's dynasties
So the Miroslavs are the Borg?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: October 31, 2015, 12:55:52 pm »

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: October 31, 2015, 01:47:20 pm »

Managed to claw back all the Persian Empire territory from the Muslims through a series of conquests and subordination wars, finished off by a flat out Subjugation war against the Caliph. It took a few lifetimes, but I can't be bothered to remember them all anymore, the only important ones were the first great ruler and the guy who got killed in a duel by his own castrated heathen brother.

Pictish Nomad Persian Empire forms, restores the High Priesthood, Emperor becomes Saoshyant and... I am deeply unimpressed by the Saoshyant trait. As event based Emperor benefits go it's pretty poor. No piety or prestige bonuses, no relevant stat boosts. Just a small buff to Zoroastrian opinion and combat skill.  :-\

Guess I'll go subjugate the Byzantines and get a real Empire tier trait. Maybe take advantage of the fact that being a Pict with ARR installed lets me adopt the Celtic faith by event, or convert to Christian of some flavour. Other than Divine Blood Zoroastrian has little to offer me now.  :(

Subjugated the Pope a couple of lives back though, so now he's constantly joining independence movements with my Sunni vassals.  ::)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: November 04, 2015, 04:17:58 pm »

My ultimate goal is to concour the entire world and have cultural uniformity by 1700 after transfering my current CKII save to Europa Universalis IV then transfer it to Vicky II. I'm playing as the Ulfing familly said to inherit the kingdom of Midgard and be the one leading the charge in Ragnorok. I have concoured all of Scandinavia all but two catholic holly lands Russia most of the Weldenisian empire alot of eastern counties I forget the names of, parts of spain, England and Ireland, Ive converted Italy to Odin once and my main enemy is Francia who I plan to reconcour the German holy lands prior to the transfer to Europa. O and its not even 1300 yet.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9142 on: November 04, 2015, 04:35:55 pm »

Nationalism will be a bane to your efforts

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: November 05, 2015, 06:41:49 am »

I have to try damnit!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: November 08, 2015, 08:36:16 am »

So since we're on the topic of Elder Kings, I take it that the bloodline traits don't work like in other mods?
I.E. you can only have one instead of collecting them like Pokémon?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: November 08, 2015, 08:48:32 am »

I have not tried or really had the chance to collect them yet...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: November 08, 2015, 10:51:55 am »

Game of thrones mod has finally been updated! And it's officially 1.0! Super stoked, even though I won't have a chance to play it for a week.

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: November 09, 2015, 01:26:32 pm »

Sooo... I've read on RPS that the Game of Thrones mod finally got to 1.0, and basically offered everything the devs meant it to, so I've fired up CK II once again just for the purpose of running the game with it (for the first time).

Now this has probably been mentioned and answered somewhere in the thread, but I ain't got the strength to browse thru hundreds of pages. So I started a new game with GoT, chose the earliest possible scenario and.. it got boring?

I started as one of the lords in the Vale, and as soon as the Targaryen dude conquered and unified the Seven Kingdoms, I've began conquering my neighbors and ended up with a kingdom roughly the size of half of the Vale. Yes, kingdom, as I've gained independence from my Lord Paramount and the Iron Throne (Prince, King, whatever... my liege, one of the lords of the seven kingdoms under the Iron Throne).

Now after this happened, I soon either got gangbanged by all the other kingdoms as soon as the asshole sitting on the Iron Throne decided I've been independent for too long, or acknowledged him as my liege, becoming officially, I guess, the eight kingdom (remember, I basically broke up the Vale into two separate kingdoms). Of course I went with the second option, because survival above all.

Now, approximately 110/120 years passed (since the very beginning) and... nothing ever happens? Every so often someone rises up against the King, but never actually manages to do squat, since he gets crowded by all the other parts of the realm (even if I and another kingdom join him in rebellion). The other continent is apparently playing it's own game, completely separate and the only excitement I get is the occasional pirate raid (which are, honestly, mindnumbingly boring).

My question is, does anything significant happen in the future? On set dates? Because the game played out kinda differently from the canon, so I have no idea if the events that are supposed to happen ever will. And no, I don't want to sit my arse on the Iron Throne - why would I do that, I've got kins(wo)men all through the realm. Anyone?

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: November 09, 2015, 02:01:41 pm »

I think those kinds of start dates are the borring ones. However, if you say, start at a latter one, it would be far more interesting. Like where the books start. For more info, see the miroslav playthrough load whispers did here on the topic.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: November 09, 2015, 02:13:08 pm »

Well I only ever played it once, a couple of years ago, but starting just after Robert's Baretheons Rebellion and watching him immediately throw Eddark Stark in jail because the AI logic decided he was too powerful was pretty funny :)
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1002