Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090600 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8940 on: October 01, 2015, 11:54:15 am »

Roman Demise DLC

or

AI DLC.  Would love to see games with specific intents to make competent ais.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8941 on: October 01, 2015, 12:01:14 pm »

I would love a way to set certain nations to be more "aggresive" and "player-like", so they're more powerful. Like, giving certain characters incentive to reform their faith to get lot's of religions in the world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: October 04, 2015, 11:54:09 pm »

Decided to stock up on a ton of DLC with the new steam sale. I bought every single gameplay enhancing DLC except Horse Lords, since it was only 25% off, and I've got more than enough content to last me until Christmas, most of the portrait packs because I was sick of some of the portraits in the game. Mainly I was bothered by the Iberian peninsula because it seemed like some looked completely Middle-Eastern while others looked super-white European with no middle ground. Also, the Norse portraits look super badass, and I love that. I also find the Celtic much better. As far as songs go, I got the Norse songs because Vikings, and the merchant republic ones because I find those quite fun after a few hours of test-playing them. The only unit pack I got was for Norse units, simply because I don't care too much about what the units look like, but the Viking longships are awesome. While I don't love Paradox's obsession with DLC, I'm okay with it because they make some really good games. Hell, I've payed $35 for CKII and all but one of it's gameplay DLC, and I've gotten 150 hours of quality enjoyment out of it, and have far more than 400 more to go probably. So I don't mind paying maybe $6 on the side for a little bonus stuff to support them. Especially considering that a lot of AAA titles charge $60 for only 10 hours worth of single-player content, and hardly even support their their games post-launch.

Anyway, I've continued my game as the empire of Scandanavia, and my luantic character killed a God, reached 6 martial skill, challenged someone with a 1 martial skill to a duel, then lost and died. Naturally, I continued to play, but as his 2 year old son. Surprisingly, I actually managed to not only keep the empire together for the most part, but even gain some land! Now I'm 16, ruling the empire with about 10,000 personal troops when full. (7,000 demense, 3,000 retinues) and 17K that I can raise from vassals. I've taken control of 2 Catholic holy sites, and converted Rome to Germanic! Unfortunately, I can't seem to actually imprison the Pope for some reason! I've usurped all of his holdings, making him unlanded. He "resides in Rome", but he's not in the court and I can't actually imprison him. To make matters quite possibly worse, the latest catholic crusade somehow resulted in a bishop gaining control of the kingdom of Aquitine, so I don't know what will happen when he inherits the papacy. Is there any way that I could capture the pope? If I convert to Catholicism and grant the Pope a county/temple within my de jure and de facto realm, will he become my vassal so that I can then imprison him? I intend to switch right back to Germanic immediately after and sacrifice him in a blot. Is this possible, and if not, is there any other way I can capture the Pope.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: October 05, 2015, 12:02:14 am »

welcome to CKII as it was meant to be played.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: October 05, 2015, 12:06:57 am »

Do you mean because I have most of the DLC, or because I'm desperately obsessing over ways to capture the Pope?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: October 05, 2015, 12:09:51 am »

> Convert to Cathar from pagan
> Pit to "hell" opens
> As if.  Cathars know that Earth is literally Hell.
> Fill pit with rocks, walk away from the screams.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: October 05, 2015, 12:39:55 am »

Do you mean because I have most of the DLC, or because I'm desperately obsessing over ways to capture the Pope?

*wink*
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: October 05, 2015, 01:08:52 am »

Paradox hinted it something people have wanted a lot but not China, so maybe we finally get sea battles. Considering how unlikely that is, the area left without gaming possibilities is theocracies. So umm play Knights Templar and engage in sodomy for fun & Baphomet?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: October 05, 2015, 01:15:00 am »

I quite like not having sea battles. It's quite useful accumulating hundreds of ships as the centuries go by. It does mean the ship building tech tree is mostly useless unless you're a tiny country with one port and lots of ambitions. Theocracies with plenty of theocracy-specific events would be good!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: October 06, 2015, 04:13:52 pm »

Well, I started a Great Holy War and blitzkrieg'd Germany(20,000 troops marched to the capital mid-winter and stormed his holdings), so I usurped the Kingdom of Germany in a few months. Now I can raise 46,000 troops, created the empire of Britannia, created the kingdom of England, and I'm trying to figure out where to go from here. I've started a small holy war for Gerle, Frisia, because it shouldn't take too long to capture all the land there, and I suppose I might start taking land from the fractured remnants of Italy. When my 30 year cooldown ends, I'm definitely taking West Francia for myself because that's the single largest Catholic realm left in existence and I want it go give to my son as a gift. (I'm attempting to install my dynasty as the rulers of every kingdom within Europe if possible. If not, I'll at least make sure they're all Germanic.) Did I mention it's not even 1066? Maybe Vikings are OP...
Retired/Extended Sigs

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: October 06, 2015, 04:34:42 pm »

I never seem to play this... I always look at it and go "I don't have all the DLC! I'm MISSING FEATURES!"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8951 on: October 06, 2015, 04:38:39 pm »

No naval battles in CK2 is pain. I'd love to play as an Arabian merchant dynasty (perhaps one in Socotra) and observe the Byzantine fleet shockingly being smashed by the Arabian Empire, and a treasure fleet from the far east land in the harbour, or have plague ships swimming about and the Socotran family kept safe from Oman and Ethiopian invasion by its naval prowess.
Oh and of course, as any nation in the west: TOTAL FUCKING EMBARGO OF THOSE GOD DAMN VIKINGS

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: October 06, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »

The orthodoxes own scandanavia because they converted the Teutonic order that wiped the vikings out.

And if the damn french emperor would stop setting up his damn antipope it wouldnt be a thing.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8953 on: October 06, 2015, 06:35:02 pm »

Maybe just support the French new popetm?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: October 06, 2015, 06:36:06 pm »

The dev diary today mentioned basically nothing about the DLC itself, just talking about how they do QA now. But they did gives us a picture that, in their words: "the changes that go into the patch will fundamentally change how a portion of the game is played"

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1002