Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091311 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8850 on: September 14, 2015, 09:21:17 am »

1. Apparently there's no actual guns or cannon units in the game, despite it saying there is. I guess we're supposed to assume the archers are gunpowder units or something.
There are, they are just linked to specific buildings.
Which is the building for dwarves?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: September 15, 2015, 11:28:43 pm »

Became emperor
installed antipope
pressed claim on papacy
own pope now
declare war to dispose french antipope
Win war
antipope stays?

what gives?  I could taken taken land if I knew it was bugged
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: September 15, 2015, 11:39:13 pm »

Became Samrat Chakravartin, no achievement.

Became Emperor of Persia and India, no achievement. (Technically, it says you have to be Emperor of Persia and Rajastan, and Rajastan ceases to exist when you form India. So I'll grant that one might be valid.)

Converted Mecca to Hinduism, no achievement.

And yes, I'm playing Ironman. I've suffered through increasingly long save pauses every six months for nearly 600 FUCKING YEARS, and for what?  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: September 16, 2015, 01:09:14 am »

Became Samrat Chakravartin, no achievement.

Became Emperor of Persia and India, no achievement. (Technically, it says you have to be Emperor of Persia and Rajastan, and Rajastan ceases to exist when you form India. So I'll grant that one might be valid.)

Converted Mecca to Hinduism, no achievement.

And yes, I'm playing Ironman. I've suffered through increasingly long save pauses every six months for nearly 600 FUCKING YEARS, and for what?  :'(
If you go offline for even a little bit while playing Ironman, you get no achievements forever in that game.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: September 16, 2015, 01:23:50 am »

That seems really anal for something that has no in-game effects :/
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8855 on: September 16, 2015, 04:34:18 am »

To be fair, achievements become worthless when you can just use the console to cheat them in.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: September 16, 2015, 09:53:44 am »

Woo, mended the Schism. To keep myself on my toes, I ensured that all of the Karlings remained Catholic. Might make sense for the weaker Catholic realms to go Orthodox, but not the Karlings! No, those sonsabitches never go down without a fight.
the Karlings lost their kingdoms and became dukes under an emperor.  The Sunnis in Persia are the biggest powerhouses in the world and we just got the second Khan wave, even though the first is still going strong above persia.

The Germans reformed their faith and quickly lost sweden but gained england, and with the Caliph of spainfrica converted to catholic Id say the world is less dramafull but catholic moral authority fluxes from 96% to maybe 30%, so many heresies.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:55:56 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: September 16, 2015, 01:29:13 pm »

Yeah, but then you could just edit your save.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: September 16, 2015, 01:40:49 pm »

People are going to cheat anyway. If you wanted the easiest way to get all the achievements you could just use steam achievement unlocker.

Hell, I've used it once for a ck2 achievements I can't remember because the game refused to give it to me.

I wish there weren't autosaves too. It's way too annoying.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: September 17, 2015, 12:48:21 pm »

Welp, just converted to Catholicism and turned my custom kingdom of Estonia feudal. Shit's getting real.

I did it to escape the endless holy wars with the catholic norse (seriously, it's like 900 and everyone's converted except Norway. Plus they're all allied to one another - except Norway), seeing as it was preventing my expansion. However, now that my manpower's down due to the feudal conversion (I needed to kill Gavelkind) I'm constantly being raided by the 20 odd OPMs surrounding me. They're burning my cities (a primary source of revenue) to the ground and taking my money.

This will be tricky to resolve...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: September 17, 2015, 12:54:58 pm »

The trick is to not go feudal until you have enough holdings that will convert to castles, and if possible, to upgrade key vassal holdings yourself (as need be).  Then, when you go feudal, you go over all at once.  Tribal treats vassal obligations as alliances, which are a lot more forgiving of relationship issues; feudal treats them as direct levies by you.  I made the same mistake in my Curonia game (went feudal first, bombed hard), but my Poland game went Catholic to avoid the threat of a mega-Karling steamroller, but stayed tribal in the near term. 

Plus, I find it cheaper to use prestige than gold to buy holdings, especially since prestige feels so easy to get on a raid or ten.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:56:49 pm by Culise »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: September 17, 2015, 01:10:48 pm »

Remember, there is no problem in ck2 that cannot be resolved by killing everyone.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8862 on: September 18, 2015, 09:01:37 am »

Remember, there is no problem in ck2 that cannot be resolved by killing everyone.
This solution cannot solve the problem of ENDLESS MONGOLIANS

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: September 18, 2015, 09:16:35 am »

Only since the assassin's guild went out of business retired in extreme opulence.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: September 18, 2015, 09:52:52 am »

Wow, Buddhist outside of India is kind of brokenly OP. I just did a Charlemagne start as a Buddhist in Ireland for kicks (never really did an Irish start before). By the time my first ruler died I'd conquered all of Ireland, made it a Kingdom, converted most of the subjugated lords, and had converted several provinces. And since you get to pick your heir, I was able to choose a middle son with Quick instead of one of the sub-par elder sons.

Also, my ruler died at 60 to a heart attack during sex with his young second wife. First time I've seen that event happen!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1002