Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091286 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8820 on: September 11, 2015, 01:48:23 pm »

Fair enough.

Why, oh why, are there 2 child anti-popes in Rome?  Is it because having religious authority at 9% is coolbeans?  I think I should just become muslim or embrace the heresy atp.  Isnt there a minimal requirement for moral authority to call crusades?

pedit: 5%  Wow, thats rather low.  I may as well endure it as Im on the doorstep of rome.
ppedit: Its because the last Pope had 2 little bastards!  They inherited his tittle as antipopes! :o
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:58:14 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8821 on: September 11, 2015, 03:18:18 pm »

Who became pope classic, or were they both antipope? With no pope classic?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8822 on: September 11, 2015, 03:22:38 pm »

Actual Pope succession is entirely by the college of cardinals, AFAIK.  But maybe someone could adopt one of those antipopes and push their claim?  Same as declaring an antipope manually, I imagine.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: September 11, 2015, 03:24:36 pm »

A boy and girl, both refered to a Popes, but counting against moral authority as antipopes.  They grant excommunications, but not really much else.

The girl came of age and I married her to courtier and will now murderize her.  The boy might be harder to get to . . .

The female is refered to as 'Queen', so I imagine it has to do with succession from the other Pope.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8824 on: September 11, 2015, 03:28:48 pm »

Huh.  A female antipope is actually really interesting.  I wonder if the claim can be pressed?
"Queen" is probably because the Papacy is a king-level title, and this is a situation Paradox didn't plan for.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: September 11, 2015, 03:30:54 pm »

I think it's a bug that should've been fixed already, but clearly not the case. When a Pope with bastards die, his children become anti-Popes. Can you check their parents?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: September 11, 2015, 03:35:40 pm »

I'm not familiar with the procedure for pressing papal claims.  She grants all the powers of the anti-pope, including the pope now hating me (spoiler: he hated me before because he is kind of my cousin.  Justs gets better and better).

pedit: yea, the old pop is a former noble who was atp married and had lover's pox, so I know he was active.

ppedit:  Just an update, the male anti-pope disappeared.  Don't know where to.  He's not a pope any longer, so maybe dead?  Either way, I can stop having these heresies all over now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 04:03:10 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: September 11, 2015, 04:17:09 pm »

An anti-pope is just someone with a claim on the papacy.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: September 11, 2015, 04:45:25 pm »

There was a bug some patches back were the Pope's bastard children would inherit claims on the Papacy and become antipopes. Could be something related to that that still hangs around. Could be that the antipapal children seized having claims on the Papacy through maintenance events.
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8829 on: September 11, 2015, 05:23:25 pm »

I just learned the hard way that feudalization can cause all your unlanded heirs to become mayors in some tetriary city at the furthest border of the country, which makes them unable to inherit apparently, because they're dirty peasants now.
;_;
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8830 on: September 11, 2015, 08:11:04 pm »

I dont want to flood the thread here, but . . . is a Catholic Caliphrate fo Spain normal?

Somehow he converted and is now converting spain into christain.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8831 on: September 11, 2015, 08:18:11 pm »

Has an arab conqueror converted to Catholicism? Catholic Caliphates aren't normal

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: September 11, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »

Yea.  I guess they are known as Badshah.

Kind of dissappoint, as The French Empire is all alone now.  Except for its near constant rebellion, the ungodly-strong Frescia, and the Monophats of Scotland.

I mean, now what will happen to our warring?  Thats a huge chunck of drama removed.  And the Holy Order of XYZ still has Portagul.

But Im gathering that the Byzantine empire was lobotomized to let it shrink naturally?  Because they only seem to get really pissed when I dow them, not when other AIs like Serbia or the muslims do.

Man if I were a King in Southern Italy at the turn of the millenium things would have turned out differently :v
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: September 11, 2015, 08:36:26 pm »

I dont want to flood the thread here, but . . . is a Catholic Caliphrate fo Spain normal?

Somehow he converted and is now converting spain into christain.
Did he keep the Caliph title though? Because Caliphates are tied to the muslim religion, so it should've been destroyed when he converted.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8834 on: September 11, 2015, 09:13:43 pm »

Maybe this is tied to that popery claim shenanigens, where a bastard catholic or descendant of a bastard catholic inherited/won the title?
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1002