Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091243 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8805 on: September 07, 2015, 08:51:15 pm »

So get huge as the vassal so I am unbeatable in the game of Dogedom?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: September 07, 2015, 08:53:05 pm »

Unfortunately, it's more or less impossible to not be Doge at some point. Eventually your character will be the most desired one and you'll get the title just because you're super old and all the other dudes wasted all their money doing nonsense.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: September 07, 2015, 08:53:49 pm »

Unfortunately, it's more or less impossible to not be Doge at some point. Eventually your character will be the most desired one and you'll get the title just because you're super old and all the other dudes wasted all their money doing nonsense.
I will give all my titles to my heir in that case, and wait it out.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: September 07, 2015, 08:55:22 pm »

I've really figured it out, preferring to stay Doge practically forever (as a patrician, the doge will often "redistribute" your trade posts to others).  I did lose on purpose some times, and I remember keeping very little.  But it might be true that you keep anything you conquer as non-Doge, that makes sense from watching other patricians.

I bet a way to tell is to be doge, and be losing the election.  The "title loss on succession" should list everything you won't keep direct control over.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: September 07, 2015, 08:57:41 pm »

Well I started as the Doge, and conquered Sardinia, giving the duchy to my son. So now I have sat on it conquering Amalfi tradeposts and cities in different counties and grown nice an content while the other players fall apart.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: September 07, 2015, 11:56:58 pm »

Yeah a low long rule modifier is a real bitch.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: September 08, 2015, 01:37:03 am »

So, found the solution to my problem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did you pause the game and do them all at the same time?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: September 08, 2015, 07:28:33 am »

Can you get to a nice 10k tyrant modifier?

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: September 08, 2015, 09:07:47 am »

Can you give us a character info screen? That guy looks like he's been in Korea in '53, 'nam and then some more.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8814 on: September 08, 2015, 09:34:28 am »

Can you give us a character info screen? That guy looks like he's been in Korea in '53, 'nam and then some more.
"Legendary commander."
Understatement of the millennium :D

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: September 08, 2015, 10:14:43 pm »

Something odd is happening in my game. It's 835 and I'm in Ireland and I haven't still received a visit from a raiding party. For the last 40 years I did saw some longships but they were raiding welsh territories.

I'm not complaining, but it's weirdly calmer than usual.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: September 08, 2015, 10:20:19 pm »

They tend to go for whichever target has the largest non-guarded loot stat.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: September 09, 2015, 12:01:18 am »

I know that they aim for good and easy loot, it's just that in other games I need to push them back at least once in a while.

I suspect the fact that the norse are mostly united in three realms (Svipjod, Sjaelland and Ostlandet) makes them more focus on infighting or warring against Karlings.

Here's the map :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Talking of Karling, Karloman survived to 65 though seven months before Charles. The latter only conquered Saxony during his life. After the death of Charles the realm split in three (Saxony, West and Middle Francia). Bad thing then happened to West Francia. Frisia revolted, Lombardy used the occasion to spread over the Alps and I waged a small war for a county (The Duke of Anjou is from my dynasty and I made a small mistake with succession law.) Then the West Francia king died and the kingdom splitted one more time to create Aquitaine.

So for now western Europe is split between 4 Karling kingdoms, a united Frisia, an expanding Lombardy and Bavaria.

Central europe has some kingdoms formed but the more interesting are Poland and Croatia. The first is entirely Slavic except the capital, which is now catholic because the King of Poland converted, the second is ruled by a slavic king, but outside his demesne the country is a mix of Catholics, Orthodoxs and Tengris.

Edit : Forgot to mention my surprise to see Northeast Finland under Estonian control. Poor Estonia really wants to be a nordic country...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:09:54 am by Wolock »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: September 10, 2015, 12:31:51 pm »

So hopping back into this with more DLC.

I like the roleplaying bit, but only if I care about the character.  Otherwise its like all the other events that clog up my warring or rushing off to die so a better character can take over.

Ive noticed that people are much less aggressive now than before, and there's quite a bit more peace going around.  The ai plays a little better wrt tactics, but thats not saying much as Im playing on vhard and only now running into the shit.

One complaint . . . when Im declarng a war against the heathens and struggling to get the upper hand, hiring 2 holy orders and a merc group, don't celebrate my first major victory by Declaring a fucking catholic revolt in the county Im and and attacking said holy orders!!  Goddamnitall, I cant afford to lose 300 troops, let alone the 1000 that that took from me.  Assholes, now I have to deal with the peasants on my side before I can siege my county?

pedit:  6 years later I fianlly got the wars finished.  The revolt roflpwned us and then the damn venice decided to try to take my cities or something and they had money to just throw at mercanaries for days.  We finally win not by battles, but by outsmartng the ai and keeping control of the city in question.  This << was after a claim on my kingdom had to get put down.  speaking of, those are still about just as rich as before and significantly weaker than I remember them being.  They seem to scale with realtion to the providence(?) they come from?  Certainly not to my strength as they did before.  Maybe vassal contribuition to my army?  I have like 9k troops in my own holdings and only 2k or so in vassal goodies, so who knows.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:58:44 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: September 10, 2015, 01:56:37 pm »

Very Hard (and other difficulties) only affect a few things like fertility rate for your characters...they have no bearing on AI behavior (though they give the AI some boons)
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1002