Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090969 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8220 on: July 08, 2015, 04:41:50 pm »

Konstantin Miroslav Pt I
Konstantin Miroslav Pt II
Spoiler: Dragija Miroslav (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Some oddities (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8221 on: July 08, 2015, 05:20:48 pm »

LW, you may want to update the mod to a newer version if it doesn't break save games. According to what I read in their thread, a new endgame invasion was added.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8222 on: July 08, 2015, 05:27:08 pm »

LW, you may want to update the mod to a newer version if it doesn't break save games. According to what I read in their thread, a new endgame invasion was added.
I'm using the latest version of the mod; whatever invasions happen should happen when the triggers have been met. It also appears to be the mod version that brought Californians into the game. Woe upon the Californians, for the Californians have killed them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: July 08, 2015, 08:39:51 pm »

Is it possible for a patrician to be your heir?  I need to form a trade republic in a specific place and then gain control of it.

The place is the Byzantine Empire.  I want to eventually usurp the empire to form the Byzantine Principality, then the Roman Republic.  I should probably just do this non-ironman...  Actually, I was assuming I needed to have my capital in the de jure Byzantine empire, but why?  I don't think capital location matters for that, though apparently I would need to be Orthodox.

So...  Theoretically I could have done this with my Mali game, if I hadn't already formed the Empire of Mali.  I doubt I can make the Byzantine Empire my primary title from there.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: July 08, 2015, 09:21:39 pm »

- You no longer feel bad for having a romantic relationship with your spouse.
- You'll no longer try to talk to your dead children when you have the family focus.
- Your sparring partner no longer wields a limb-creating healing stick when he accidentally hits you.
- You can no longer arrange a ball in the dungeons.

God I love bug reports like this :P
Then you'll like this;D
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: July 08, 2015, 10:05:53 pm »

I discovered the wonderful joys of Imperial Administration and how I no longer have to spend 100 Piety just to revoke someone's voting rights. Unfortunately, I've also just found out that I can't get Empressive unless it goes from daughter to daughter to daughter. Which sucks. A lot.

Anyone know when the new patch is coming out?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: July 08, 2015, 10:11:42 pm »

The 14th.  I'm excited, but I also kinda want to start a game now.  But again, it's possible to revert to a few previous versions through Steam...  So it should be possible to keep playing.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: July 09, 2015, 12:49:47 pm »

I'm using the latest version of the mod; whatever invasions happen should happen when the triggers have been met. It also appears to be the mod version that brought Californians into the game. Woe upon the Californians, for the Californians have killed them.
I should've been clearer. I mean the version on github, since the one on the forums is very rarely updated. If you are using the github version, nevermind what I just said. (Do make a backup of your save before trying any mod updating, though)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8228 on: July 09, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »

Looks like it, yeah

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: July 09, 2015, 04:07:41 pm »

Is it possible for a patrician to be your heir?  I need to form a trade republic in a specific place and then gain control of it.

The place is the Byzantine Empire.  I want to eventually usurp the empire to form the Byzantine Principality, then the Roman Republic.  I should probably just do this non-ironman...  Actually, I was assuming I needed to have my capital in the de jure Byzantine empire, but why?  I don't think capital location matters for that, though apparently I would need to be Orthodox.

So...  Theoretically I could have done this with my Mali game, if I hadn't already formed the Empire of Mali.  I doubt I can make the Byzantine Empire my primary title from there.

I think so, but you can't usurp kingdom or empire titles as a Republic. You'd have to wipe out the entire holdings of the Emperor (which effectively means conquering the entire empire and/or getting the Imperial vassals to desert, as an unlanded noble with landed vassals will immediately revoke on one of them to become landed again), and then declare the empire from scratch (with the 80% holdings and piety/gold requirements)

Unless I'm misunderstanding how you plan to go about this.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: July 09, 2015, 05:22:05 pm »

I think if you manage to turn Byzantium Elective, you can get elected as a doge? I'm not sure.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: July 09, 2015, 06:21:19 pm »

So before the new x-pac and patch roll out I've been brushing up on my CK2 skillz. Minor AAR/LP:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...Game of Thrones ain't got shit on me.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8232 on: July 09, 2015, 06:22:42 pm »

That was popetastic

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: July 09, 2015, 06:30:43 pm »

That was popetastic

I saw your oddity up there. I had no idea the Papacy was so close to the Dukedom of Minnesota.

I gotta ask, what mod are you using to make the map become the Americas?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: July 09, 2015, 06:42:12 pm »

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/after-the-end-a-post-apocalyptic-america-mod.831384/

It's called "after the end" its a work in progress but I like it...very well done
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 1002