Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090090 times)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7845 on: June 10, 2015, 04:07:50 pm »

Good news lads! On my latest ironman run, I started as Gotland at the Charlemagne starting date. I've just reformed the norse faith (It's about 920 AD now?) and formed myself into a republic, which means I can do raids and also spam trade posts everywhere. The Abbasid blob has also failed and Central Europe is a complete mess with the Carolingian Empire failing to form. If Byzantium gets knocked down a peg I could have an interesting scenario to port over later.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: June 10, 2015, 06:11:49 pm »

Good news lads! On my latest ironman run, I started as Gotland at the Charlemagne starting date. I've just reformed the norse faith (It's about 920 AD now?) and formed myself into a republic, which means I can do raids and also spam trade posts everywhere. The Abbasid blob has also failed and Central Europe is a complete mess with the Carolingian Empire failing to form. If Byzantium gets knocked down a peg I could have an interesting scenario to port over later.

Is it just my games or does Charlemagne either establish a massive, continental francian empire that is as stable as the abbablob, or fail miserably when he loses his campaign for iberia?

My Europe this playthrough is immensely fragmented
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: June 10, 2015, 09:52:35 pm »

Its not just you Karne, ol' Charley is basically Medieval Nicolas Cage.

He either does REALLY well or shits the bed so hard he dehydrates.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: June 10, 2015, 10:00:43 pm »

The worst part is that greater frogland and the vikings never actually annex any anglo saxon territory,  meaning it stays anglo saxon instead of becoming properly english, which confuses the euiv> vickyii converter

Though Ireland is doing well this game, despite being pictish.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: June 10, 2015, 10:02:52 pm »

The worst part is that greater frogland and the vikings never actually annex any anglo saxon territory,  meaning it stays anglo saxon instead of becoming properly english, which confuses the euiv> vickyii converter

I would've thought the converter team would've taken that into account. I guess you could manually convert if that is the case, but I realize how dull that probably is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: June 10, 2015, 10:47:06 pm »

I would've thought the converter team would've taken that into account. I guess you could manually convert if that is the case, but I realize how dull that probably is.
Isn't the Vicky2 converter older than CK2?  I haven't actually converted anything myself, but I'd imagine the modders for the unofficial Vicky2 converter didn't include all of the non-vanilla variants present in the mods created by CK2's official converter.  I suppose an easy way to check that would be to see if it chokes on the non-vanilla religions or other cultures like Cathar, Fraticelli, or most of the pagans (I think Tengri was added to the latest official version, and I have no idea how that interacted with the CK2 converter). 

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: June 10, 2015, 11:05:40 pm »

I don't see how the Vicky2 converter could be older, considering EU4 is younger than CK2...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: June 10, 2015, 11:08:34 pm »

I think *a* Vicky 2 converter, namely the EU3>Vicky 2, is older than CK2.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: June 10, 2015, 11:20:28 pm »

Probably, but that wouldn't really care about the CK2 converter, because it converts to EU4. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: June 11, 2015, 01:45:17 am »

Just because it's shaping into an awesome LP already (only up to episode 3 so far):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0jhh4sSEB7I

GoT mod. Playing as Bronn "Blackwater".

So far he's managed to get an heir, kill his wife, marry Danaerys, get another heir, and is now waiting either for wars to end or the king to be murdered. All without really doing anything. Go Bronn, King of the Iron Throne!

Good for a watch, even if the LPer can be a bit annoying accent-wise.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: June 11, 2015, 05:07:52 pm »

And now Bronn is taming a dragon. It's amazing what some flowers and a quickie can get you. At least, it is when your wife is the heir to the throne and is the mother of dragons.

Suave bastard still hasn't done anything but sleep his way to the top. Nearly. So close.
It's a game. Have fun.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: June 11, 2015, 06:02:52 pm »

Isn't the Vicky2 converter older than CK2?  I haven't actually converted anything myself, but I'd imagine the modders for the unofficial Vicky2 converter didn't include all of the non-vanilla variants present in the mods created by CK2's official converter.  I suppose an easy way to check that would be to see if it chokes on the non-vanilla religions or other cultures like Cathar, Fraticelli, or most of the pagans (I think Tengri was added to the latest official version, and I have no idea how that interacted with the CK2 converter). 
I think there is a EU4->V2 converter. But who knows if it is even being updated.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: June 11, 2015, 11:54:47 pm »

I think there is a EU4->V2 converter. But who knows if it is even being updated.
.04e just came out a month or so ago; I haven't checked for a new one yet. I'll download whatever update comes out while I'm playing eu4, but they're working on getting pop counts right, iirc.

I actually have yet to try this one on a converted ckii save, but last time I tried it choked on ckii nations, like murom or lotharingia. This one converted my custom nation from eu4 though, suggesting that it can handle crusader nations now.

It also dislikes non-vanilla cultures, and if it had reached it I'm sure it wouldn't enjoy cathars either. Its a mite touchy right now.

Can't wait for vicky iii
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: June 12, 2015, 06:51:18 am »

All flaws aside (I didn't know it choked on CK2 countries - there's the 'CK2 save?' box in the converter for that, right?), it's actually a pretty fantastic converter. It did my EUIV Bohemia->HRE game perfectly, with all the right countries (even custom nations in EUIV) with right governments, borders - populations were okay too, and it tracks minorities by looking through province histories in EUIV. For 'xample, if you converted a province centuries past, there's unlikely to be a religious minority there, but if you converted it only a decade ago, there's likely still gonna be a sizeable one.

The New World didn't come out so good, with really weird pops (I think based on V2 original values) and a boring, static map, but that's the fault of that game having the whole Americas controlled by loyal colonies at that stage. Still, all in all it was a fantastic conversion and fun to play.

I'm going to convert my CK2->EUIV Portugal when I reach EUIV's end. Hopefully it'll work - it seems to crash or produce non-working maps fairly often.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: June 12, 2015, 07:28:33 am »

And now Bronn is taming a dragon. It's amazing what some flowers and a quickie can get you. At least, it is when your wife is the heir to the throne and is the mother of dragons.

Suave bastard still hasn't done anything but sleep his way to the top. Nearly. So close.

Want to see episode #4 of that LP :)
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1002