Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091441 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #765 on: April 28, 2012, 05:36:46 pm »

Based only on what you stated, sounds like a bug. Unless there is a disinheritance event in the game I've yet to see, or your older son was revealed to be a bastard...

Save the game and execute the younger. See if the older becomes the inheritor, or the daughter does.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 28, 2012, 05:48:33 pm »

Thanks for your tip. I hadn't thought of dealing with it yet, I was waiting to see if there was actually a reason. But it seemed like it might have been a bug as you stated. I wanted to avoid the execution penalties so I banished him instead. My eldest son became the heir again, the fool went off to a nearby island, and all is well. Now my main concern is being assassinated by a demon jester some time in the future.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 28, 2012, 06:38:06 pm »

Get in good with the Pope, have your son excommunicated, and assassinate him. ALL IS WELL.

Or maybe excommunication only works with executions... Ah well, it's still always fun to have the pope in your pocket!
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 28, 2012, 07:06:50 pm »

It's not difficult to get the pope to like you too. Bribe him, join a crusade and do nothing, send your religion dude there to increase relationships and you got yourself a pope who is cool with you conquering France in the name of Christanity (done it with Ireland)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 28, 2012, 07:22:01 pm »

The pope can be an amazing bro if you play your cards right. I once, rather recently, used an invasion casus belli on England during the norman and norwegian invasions, and successfully took it over (after much manoeuvring to get all three hostile armies to destroy each other instead of me, and more than a few reloads). The best part was that I was only the Duke of Gwynedd. Finally reclaimed the throne of Britannia for the Britons.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 29, 2012, 07:07:32 am »

Any thoughts on what to do with open slots? Seems like either castle or city is the best bet.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #771 on: April 29, 2012, 09:33:51 am »

I usually go with castle whenever I can. More troops is generally preferable to more gold because gold is pretty easy to generate.

Either one isn't terrible, though.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 02, 2012, 09:08:17 pm »

Can somebody tell me how reasonably this game performs on older systems? I have a dual core laptop that runs at 2.2 ghz/core with a 1ghz 9800GT graphics card and I'm thinking of putting it on there, but I don't know if it'll just lag so badly that it won't be worth it.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 02, 2012, 09:13:23 pm »

Can somebody tell me how reasonably this game performs on older systems? I have a dual core laptop that runs at 2.2 ghz/core with a 1ghz 9800GT graphics card and I'm thinking of putting it on there, but I don't know if it'll just lag so badly that it won't be worth it.
I can't give you a direct answer, but I would suggest downloading the demo and trying it first. I hope it runs for you, this game is incredible.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 02, 2012, 09:35:21 pm »

Well, I already run it on my desktop, but I want to put it on this computer as well in case I'm stuck somewhere and need a good game to play. Or if my girlfriend has hijacked the desktop again, like she has right now... *cough*

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 02, 2012, 09:59:04 pm »

I think it would work, providing you lower the resolution if you lag too much.

I have nearly the same card and i'm dual core.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 02, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »

Can You Run It can give you a hint.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 03, 2012, 04:14:33 am »

I run it on a 1.86 core 2 duo, with a nvidia geforce 9800gtx and 2 gigs of ram, should be fine for you depending on ram.

edit: I lied on my specs.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:16:32 am by khantin »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 08, 2012, 09:15:14 pm »

My IRL friend and I are both playing Ireland in an online match (she's Munster, I'm Connacht). It is vicious. At first we allied together to unite Ireland, and I promised that she could be the King as long as she helped me revoke the unruly Breifne lord. Then she started getting greedy and taking things I was trying to claim, so we got into a war, which she eventually won. For 50 or 60 years, we remained at a tenuous peace, where I forced her into Elective Succession and gave one of my cousins Dublin (and, thus, the Duchy of Meath and an extra vote). She put Feudal Taxation at Harsh.

At around the 1130sh mark, where we started tonight's game, all hell broke loose. I assassinated her main character (First King of Ireland), who had killed my father AND grandfather in battles. Then she became my mother, as well as Queen of Ireland (I had voted for my mother, even though she was in her dynasty, because her original heir was me). Nobody much liked this woman, because she was actually a Breton (and I don't think she was even from Ireland). I ended up assassinating her with the help of the Earl of Ossory. Her aunt (First King's sister) left Powys (in Wales) to be the new Queen, after getting votes from Meath and Leinster (dope AI always gets greedy right when I'm about to be King!).

We fight a multitude of bloody Irish revolutions against the Tax Queen over the next fifteen years. The first one ends in an assassin war where my assassin fails and hers stabs my Main in the chest. He is replaced by his legitimized bastard half-brother. The half-brother proceeds to join the next revolt, and is imprisoned. His regent joins every revolt after that in an attempt to rescue his liege. The Queen is always alone in these wars, but has so much money in the treasury from the harsh tax that she just buys mercenaries. I turn the tide of the revolts by hiring smaller bands of cheap mercenaries, who tear Ireland apart. Eventually, after the 5th of 6th war, she runs out of money. However, she has just run out of real enemies from the AI, too.

Meath arranges for me to get out of prison, and I become the Chancellor (possibly in an attempt to placate me). After a few years, the Earl of Ossory and I murder the queen (who is trying to get some random from her Dynasty elected). She is replaced by the random, who the Duke of Ulster and I kill, thus making the Duchess of Leinster the Queen of Ireland (Ruler #5, with #4 lasting less than a year).

The very first thing the Duchess of Leinster has done is attack Gwynedd (which I approve of). Right now we're waiting for that war to be over, and then it's back to plotting to get the throne back.

It's such a sordid game. Between the two of us, our families are constantly interelated thanks to a huge flurry of marriages I made with her family and her branches when she first became ruler, along with the marriage of the sons of our first two Mains. Tonight alone, I assassinated four of her Mains (one of which was my Grandfather, the other of which was my actual Mother), I almost lost the direct line of succession (thankfully I legitimized that bastard!), and the future of Ireland is uncertain.

The rest of the world is pretty basic, except that the Iberian Peninsula is dominated by Muslims and England is constantly fractured and has been in a succession war for as long as I can remember.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 08, 2012, 11:36:10 pm »

That sounds like an intense (and memorable) few hours of gaming.

Why is it that every time I get the urge to play this, I end up playing it all night?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 1002