Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090204 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7455 on: March 06, 2015, 06:07:02 pm »

I played it not too long ago without issue

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7456 on: March 07, 2015, 12:08:53 am »

Ragnarok has come for the Norsemen of Scandinavia. With effectively unlimited funds I have summoned a massive army consisting of every mercenary company available. With a former colony of Perm as my beachhead the conquest began. Village after village has fallen to my blitzkrieg tactics, the overwhelming tide only slowed by the prestige cost of truce breaking. No man is spared, those who surrender are merely denied their place in the rapidly overfilling halls of Asgard.

"From the fury of the Irishmen, mighty Thor, deliver us."

Edit: It is done. There is no longer a single Germanic ruler left. As soon as the faceless rabble embrace their new faith, the Norse religion will no longer exist. Scandinavia was gifted wholesale to one of my obscure relatives to rule as he sees fit. All told, the entire campaign lasted only 12 years, with only a few short gaps in the otherwise continuous warfare. Finally, for the first time in centuries, I won't be constantly interrupted every five seconds by a new batch of viking raiders.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:36:28 am by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7457 on: March 07, 2015, 11:00:47 am »

My king and queen were both master plotters and their dynasty was destined to be populated by the undisputed masters of intrigue in the region. The first child was a girl and so were the next two. I gave up on having a son and trained the eldest to be the most devious queen imaginable to try and offset the opinion hit of her being a woman, then I had a son. This was great because even though he wasn't nearly as competent as she was I seriously had to convince some recently subjugated people that I wasn't so bad and having an heir with no y chromosome wasn't making it any easier. Then I discovered her plotting to murder her brother and I was somehow proud and disappointed. She was exactly what I'd always wanted her to be and she was about to destroy the kingdom because of it. I told her I knew about the plot and then I arranged for her to marry a petty king somewhere far away from my dynasty, exiled to a golden cage. He made her spymaster immediately and she's doing a pretty damn good job of it. Eventually my son died suddenly and my idiot grandson took over. He's incompetent, riddled with bad traits, and also fourteen so that's two years of trying to politick the hate away without full control.

I feel conflicted. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:04:53 am by Broseph Stalin »

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7458 on: March 08, 2015, 02:55:14 am »

With the Norse homelands conquered, I have turned my attention to more domestic matters. Specifically, I have devoted my efforts to rooting out the Norse conquerors of ages past, as well as all non-Irish in Brittania. It was going relatively well (despite making everyone hate me), and I succeeded in destroying the Norse culture, but one Scottish prince has been able to usurp a duchy from one of my cousins and, despite having a claim on their county, I can't usurp them for whatever obscure reason.

Meanwhile, the Abbasids have become more of an immediate threat, declaring a Jihad against my relative, the king of Aragon. While they have broken up to a degree, they are still absurdly powerful. I defeated the Jihad with my mercenary armies, but if this persists I may have to embark on another great era of conquest. Hopefully the Mongols show up soon and do the work for me.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7459 on: March 15, 2015, 10:14:40 am »

Does anyone have the files for the A New World,The Dawn of Empires Mod? The developer has taken down the download links.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7460 on: March 15, 2015, 03:19:51 pm »

My king and queen were both master plotters and their dynasty was destined to be populated by the undisputed masters of intrigue in the region. The first child was a girl and so were the next two. I gave up on having a son and trained the eldest to be the most devious queen imaginable to try and offset the opinion hit of her being a woman, then I had a son. This was great because even though he wasn't nearly as competent as she was I seriously had to convince some recently subjugated people that I wasn't so bad and having an heir with no y chromosome wasn't making it any easier. Then I discovered her plotting to murder her brother and I was somehow proud and disappointed. She was exactly what I'd always wanted her to be and she was about to destroy the kingdom because of it. I told her I knew about the plot and then I arranged for her to marry a petty king somewhere far away from my dynasty, exiled to a golden cage. He made her spymaster immediately and she's doing a pretty damn good job of it. Eventually my son died suddenly and my idiot grandson took over. He's incompetent, riddled with bad traits, and also fourteen so that's two years of trying to politick the hate away without full control.

I feel conflicted.

I'd say that you should assassinate the grandson and have one of the daughters as rulers, but she's probably married patrilineally to that petty king, so his line would inherit.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7461 on: March 20, 2015, 12:43:27 pm »

Well, I, uhh... eh? According to the title history, this seems to have happened once already, though it's a bit hazy if they actually kept the HRE. I've seen King-Bishop realms before, but never the HRE, and set to be the new Pope - interesting that Cardinal seems to overrule the Emperor title. I have to wonder how the coronation of the Emperor works in this timeline. Does the Pope crown himself? At least they'll never have a problem with getting Papal approval for their candidate.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7462 on: March 20, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »

That is so weird.  I assume that since he has no heir listed, the HRE has become a theocracy, and its next leader will be randomly generated?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7463 on: March 20, 2015, 04:26:49 pm »

That is so weird.  I assume that since he has no heir listed, the HRE has become a theocracy, and its next leader will be randomly generated?

Yup, though interestingly, this mainly happens when the Pope dies. Pope dies, the Cardinal-Emperor gains the Papacy but loses the Empire to a new random Cardinal - though retaining claims to it all. The first time this seems to have happened, the Papacy gained Brabant, but sadly each Pope hasn't been taking pieces out of the Empire like I hoped.

I'm not sure what's going to happen at conversion. The HRE exists, but a theocracy can't be the Emperor. Probably it will get dismantled.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

blazing glory

« Reply #7464 on: March 28, 2015, 05:16:56 am »

Anyone know how to obtain mods? Mods taken from the Steam workshop don't seem to register with CKII and from what I can tell currently if you don't have a Paradox forum account then you can't access the mod forums and currently you can't make any forum accounts.

All other sources seem to have extremely limited amounts of mods.

EDIT I guess what I'm really asking for is any way to bypass Paradox's garbage limitation on what sub forums you can access, since that would be the most ideal solution.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:39:23 am by blazing glory »

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7465 on: March 28, 2015, 06:43:52 am »

To download from workshop, you have to enable clound save for CK2 (for what ever reason)
As for paradox forum, they are currently migrating the forum, so you can't register at thr moment.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7466 on: March 28, 2015, 07:02:20 am »

Some mods have their own forums (the Game of Thrones mod's one is http://citadel.prophpbb.com/ ), but access to the modding and tech support forums are basically what Paradox uses as DRM, so you're pretty much out of luck unless you want to wait until you can register again and make an account.

blazing glory

« Reply #7467 on: March 28, 2015, 07:03:01 am »

To download from workshop, you have to enable clound save for CK2 (for what ever reason)
As for paradox forum, they are currently migrating the forum, so you can't register at thr moment.
Huh, alright, thanks!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7468 on: March 28, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »

I think Paradox has a seperate account service now? Try making that instead to see if they're just replacing forum accounts with that super-account.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7469 on: March 28, 2015, 07:06:23 pm »

Last few times I tried that mod I couldn't get anywhere due to crashes. Is it more stable?

The only crashes I've seen is a bug that prevents you from viewing characters (for me it pops up every few in-game years, although for some characters trigger it consistently when I try to view them) crashing the game when I return to the menu. Basically, it's playable outside of iron mode ('cause this error breaks the save) if you don't mind restarting the game every so often.
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 1002