Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090744 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7335 on: February 15, 2015, 02:07:16 am »

Who are you playing as?

One way to help alleviate them attacking you is to send your diplomat there and give the leader 100 opinion of you. They will tend to still war for De Jure lands but they are far less opportunistic and merciless about it than when they hate you.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: February 15, 2015, 02:34:46 am »

You could forge a marriage alliance. That seemed to stop the Byzantines from pressing their de jure claims when I played as Georgia. Plus you can then sic them on your enemies, it's win win!
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: February 15, 2015, 12:11:22 pm »

Khurramites. 21,000 living Khasou IVs, all Sassinids. Game: terribly laggy.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: February 15, 2015, 04:26:30 pm »

The Roman Empire has been reborn and now continues its reckless expansion, taking beachheads in Spain and the northwestern HRE and reducing the Shia caliphate to a shadow of its former glory. Thanks to some clever marriages and a bit of intrigue, the kings of Leon and the united kingdoms of Rus and Ruthenia are both of my dynasty. The two mongol hordes have been fighting each other with the Golden Horde being reduced to a few worthless tribes and no event troops at one point. They've somewhat recovered with the arrival of reinforcements but are unlikely to ever pose a credible threat to the empire. Meanwhile the Ilkhanate has utterly obliterated the once-mighty Seljulks, taking nearly all their land from Persia to India.

On the religious side of things, Catholicism continues to persist in a few strongholds including France, England and Aragon, but it is quickly being swept away by the tidal wave of Orthodoxy. The Lollard heresy, however, poses a much larger threat. With its tight grip on the HRE and Castille, largest of the Iberian kingdoms, Lollardy is now the greatest threat to Orthodoxy in Europe. The HRE has taken advantage of the situation, waging holy wars in France, England, and even threatening my family in Leon which prompted me to initiate a counter-invasion and destroy their armies, at a heavy cost to my own forces. As for the Islamic world, Sunni no longer exists except in a few scattered provinces, with all the Sunni leaders converting to the heresies of Zikri in the west and Yazidi in the east. If things go my way, I intend to abolish the caliphate by the turn of the century, removing the last power capable of waging great holy wars.

However, even in their weakened state the caliphate is still a threat. While I was preoccupied with the HRE, the caliph called a new jihad. Strangely it wasn't against me, but the Ilkhanate, with the goal of capturing Persia. Considering the size of Persia, if the caliph gets his hands on it over a century's effort to diminish his power will be nullified. The Ilkhanate is already engaged in a war with the newly-reinforced Golden Horde and probably won't be able to effectively defend against the jihad. As strange as it seems, I may have to bail the mongols out on this one.
                        - Random human lord

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: February 15, 2015, 05:34:42 pm »

I'm finally abandoning ironman and achievements for a more enjoyable experience.  I need mod suggestions.  Not total conversions, but any good convenience or mechanics tweaks.

I'm already going to install Better Gender Laws, and probably that mod which makes the region borders more visible.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: February 15, 2015, 05:55:56 pm »

Total conversion would be like After the End, Lux Invicta, Winter Kings, Elder Kings, etc.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: February 15, 2015, 07:02:15 pm »

Increase crown authority.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: February 15, 2015, 07:38:24 pm »

I don't think there's any way you can influence laws from the outside aside from your de jure voting power. You might want to commit suicide when your son takes power so you can prevent rebellion directly until the law can be passed. There's no guarantee you'll be booted out for being Serbian. If your son is born in the purple it should absorb most of the foreigner opinion drop and a few bribes go a long way.

I seem to have found a bug where Antioch and a couple other places have a permanent "Heretic Stronghold" effect and constantly spit out revolting peasants. I don't suppose there is any way to fix that? It's a minor annoyance but it gets tiring constantly needing to raise local levies, wait for them to gain morale and then send them in, especially with all the legitimate peasant revolts happening in my conquered lands.
                        - Random human lord

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7345 on: February 15, 2015, 09:50:42 pm »

snip
Is the pope a Miroslav too? Or the patriarch, for that matter?
The Popes are recruited from the Catholics, of which either none or very few Miroslavs of note are. So nope. Also the Pope that liked the Emperors of Serbia is now dead, replaced by an angry zealot who hates the Orthodox. Rome itself is controlled by the Serbian Empire and the seat of an Orthodox Pentarchate, the Papacy is currently seated in the Middle East. As for the Patriarchs, I don't think so either, though some will probably end up so by virtue of Miroslavs being everywhere.

When the Aztecs arrive we will be shocked to learn of their Miroslav ancestry :P
I'm sure LW will welcome his Miroslav brethren from across the Atlantic with open arms.
We are the Miroslav. Disband your levies and surrender your heirs. We will add your dynasty and demesne to our own. Your vassals will adapt to service us. Warscore is -100.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: February 16, 2015, 12:39:39 am »

I did it! I conquered the Byzantine Empire from within!

Now to not get thrown out until I've replaced everyone with Serbs.

I figured I'd go the easy way and convert to being Greek from Irish. So they're still Ua Briain, they're just called Andronikos and other greek names now. There's still the Norse and Irish Ua Briains around, so I could import them if I wanted.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: February 16, 2015, 11:09:11 am »

February 9 789 shall be known as the beginning of the fall of Mercia. Backed by a mercenary band (and jewish bankers), ''King'' Sigeric of Essex succesfully claimed the county of Bedford. The war saw the death of the ''King'' of Cornwall and the King of Pictland, the two strongest ally of Mercia and Hwicce also used that opportunity to claim Oxford from Mercia.

Mercia is still big, but the ruler has only 2 counties that will be split at his death and no possibility of a good alliance for a time.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:58 pm »

I am doing pretty good as Charlemagne and even formed the HRE before year 800...I have changed all my succession laws to fit how I like to play EXCEPT for West Francia...because either as a bug or as a poorly implemented intended restriction it claims that West Francia was created in 814...which is still about 10 years off...can't change the laws until 824

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: February 16, 2015, 03:54:25 pm »

This is on sale again, it seems.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1002