Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090747 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7320 on: February 12, 2015, 10:20:44 pm »

Damn LW, wish I was good enough at this game to do stuff like that.
All I ever end up doing is making some tiny insignificant mistake that ends up ruining my entire playthrough and making me ragequit :(

I've learned to ragequit, but not in a bad way.

Ragequit, then go back to it later, because it wasn't that bad.
Except it IS that bad. Any little mistake costs me EVERYTHING. Every single time. And it is too frustrating to continue playing after that point.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: February 12, 2015, 10:25:36 pm »

All I ever end up doing is making some tiny insignificant mistake that ends up ruining my entire playthrough and making me ragequit :(

Except it IS that bad. Any little mistake costs me EVERYTHING. Every single time. And it is too frustrating to continue playing after that point.

What mistakes are you making? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: February 12, 2015, 10:44:08 pm »

My last "rage quit" (more "there is literally zero way for me to not lose" quit) was playing as Socotra (Ironman)

I'd managed to get two provinces in Gujarat, Kutch and one other, and lost my home island to a holy war.

I had 46 gold, two holy wars declared on me, and 2000 troops sieging both provinces.

So yeah, wasn't gonna come back from that. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: February 12, 2015, 10:53:03 pm »

My last "rage quit" (more "there is literally zero way for me to not lose" quit) was playing as Socotra (Ironman)

I'd managed to get two provinces in Gujarat, Kutch and one other, and lost my home island to a holy war.

I had 46 gold, two holy wars declared on me, and 2000 troops sieging both provinces.

So yeah, wasn't gonna come back from that. :P

Just convert.  Convert twice if you have to.  No more holy wars.  Poof!

...then again, maybe it is only pagans that can always convert when holy warred.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: February 13, 2015, 07:52:31 am »

What mistakes are you making? :P
Well the last one was as Umayyad King, I forgot about attrition and invaded Mali, then my half bro rebelled and took over the kingdom once all my troops got ganked. So back to duke, which means I can only get back on top by hoping all my kids die off and I end up taking over whoever the king is when I die at some point in the next thousand years.
Which to me is game over.

The one before that I was a duke of Bavaria (actually the ONLY duke of Bavaria) and had a kid matrilinially married to a possible claimant for the throne, so I popped my faction to put him in power so that the kingdom can pass into my line. This is of course accompanied by every pagan in the world declaring war on the kingdom to try and slice up an easy piece now that I murdered all their levies. So at one point I was at 90ish warscore, but the queen had captured one of my provinces, and I tried to recapture it for easy win, but a pagan doomstack was coming and I stupidly went for it anyway because I figured "oh hey its a mountain and they don't have THAT many more troops then me and I'll be defending so it should be ok"

NOPE all my levies murdered, victory slipped through stupid fingers, ragequit.

Indeed, I do this.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: February 13, 2015, 01:56:19 pm »

Jewish Wales Export to EU IV game coming along nicely! I'm currently fighting to defend the Duchy of Baal from England (which resides in Germany, France, and Scandanavia, but not England.)

I'm not playing on Ironman, and have 'scummed' a few times, but I'm also trying to avoid blobbing too much. I want at least a small challenge when I export over.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: February 13, 2015, 02:00:13 pm »

Jewish Wales Export to EU IV game coming along nicely! I'm currently fighting to defend the Duchy of Baal from England (which resides in Germany, France, and Scandanavia, but not England.)

I'm not playing on Ironman, and have 'scummed' a few times, but I'm also trying to avoid blobbing too much. I want at least a small challenge when I export over.

I've had that kind of thing happen, The Kingdom of Castille is way over in Cornwall and Devon.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: February 13, 2015, 03:35:10 pm »

I've had that kind of thing happen, The Kingdom of Castille is way over in Cornwall and Devon.

It makes for some interesting geopolitical situations.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: February 13, 2015, 05:08:07 pm »

It won't be long now before I can reform the Roman Empire. I just need to take a Hashashin fortress in part of Antioch and one country in Latium which is now owned by Pisa after they uprooted the Pope. I've been able to avert further jihads by ensuring the Caliphate is always at war. So far it's been working but it's taken a toll on my troops. Meanwhile, the mongol hordes have arrived and started tearing apart the Seljuks. Hopefully they end up exhausting their event troops fighting each other. It won't be long before Byzantine cataphracts will have to test their strength against mongol horse archers.

Throughout all of this, the Holy Roman Empire has remained infuriatingly stable. Even after mending the schism, when half the rulers were Lollard, half were Orthodox, most of the peasants were Catholic and the Kaiser was rotting in a dungeon somewhere I still didn't see so much as a single rebellion. The Kaiser was finally let out after spending at least 30 years in a prison, probably because his captor died of old age. Despite spending close to half his life in a cell, he never let it get him down and became known as "the Merry".
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: February 13, 2015, 05:58:25 pm »

Is there any way to mod the game so all my Longbow Ranges don't spontaneously combust the moment my Irish Son inherits? This always confused and annoyed me - it makes interesting familial cultural - shift much more difficult / pointless.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: February 13, 2015, 06:27:02 pm »

I hate that as well...super expensive structures that just poof when your ruler is of a different culture...even when you go back to the proper culture

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7331 on: February 13, 2015, 08:12:44 pm »

LW, you have inspired me to do my own AAR under the same premise- as Serbia (or really anyone who could easily conquer the world, but Serbia seemed more fun), conquer the world, then release a whole bunch of dynastic-united empires and see what hell breaks loose. In my case though, I'm using HIP, which makes it... a hell of a lot more difficult, but also more fun. I might try this again with other starts- this sort of global-empire-feuding just seems hilarious compared to the control-everything-perfectly crap that tends to happen when you conquer the world.
Hilarious hell beyond reckoning; world conquering is nice and all but too linear I find. With the squabbling world-family the ride never ends! MIROSLAVS DO NOT BELIEVE IN BRAKES ON THE WILD RIDE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SO MANY MIROSLAV (click to show/hide)
It is interesting just to think of all the 2380 who can trace their ancestry all the way back to King Djordje the Fat. And that's just those born out of legitimate Miroslav marriages... Think of all the bastards! All the cross-house marriages! Every single noble family from every single region in Europe West of Persia will have Djordje's blood somewhere. A prolific house indeed.

Well, my Serbian count game is going smoothly. Worked my way out of Raska, conquered a county so I could swear fealty to Bulgaria. Then proceeded to take the rest of Serbia while the Bulgarian king makes the title for me and takes on Bosnia for that last pesky county that isn't held by the Byzantines. Now all I must do is revolt away, steal Serbia, and then take on the world... probably starting with Bosnia and Croatia.
Don't forget to destroy the Croat nobility and replace them with Serbs. I didn't do this and 4 centuries after first conquering of Croatia, the Croat culture still lives on in Croatia, kept alive by lowborn barons. Much productivity has been lost due to this error.

In recent developments, in order to avoid a repeat of the Italia incident, the Empire of Britannia will be protected under Boleslav's reign with the betrothal of his heir to Empress Dragana.
Once Britannia is secured it can be turned over to one of Boleslav's other sons to ensure its independence.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: February 14, 2015, 05:55:49 pm »

snip
Is the pope a Miroslav too? Or the patriarch, for that matter?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: February 14, 2015, 06:52:29 pm »

snip

When the Aztecs arrive we will be shocked to learn of their Miroslav ancestry :P

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: February 14, 2015, 07:27:04 pm »

snip

When the Aztecs arrive we will be shocked to learn of their Miroslav ancestry :P
I'm sure LW will welcome his Miroslav brethren from across the Atlantic with open arms.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1002