Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091133 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6795 on: January 06, 2015, 07:39:14 am »

NK mode will always be a thing.

Nothing can stop the glorious NK mode.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: January 06, 2015, 08:44:10 am »

I'm a little annoyed at Paradox for the Gavelkind change to make every title you can create be created (is it just titles at your primary title level?)

I understand WHY, it was a little cheaty to just... not create the kingdoms and thereby not have to worry about losing your land.

I created the Kingdom of Mordva, and I didn't fully understand it, so I had splotches of Rus and Volga Bulgaria throughout my land as I didn't fully control those duchies. So I wanted to have them switch to de jure Mordva, so I don't have to worry about the peasantry in those duchies getting all uppity and wanting a king? But it takes 100 years.

So I had to reform, settle as a feudal king, and change to ultimogeniture on all three titles to destroy them, and in the meantime, the 20+ years progress on title destruction was eliminated.

Bluh.

Now I have to wait 100 years before I can safely create my Mordvin Empire. :(
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: January 06, 2015, 09:10:52 am »

I'm a little annoyed at Paradox for the Gavelkind change to make every title you can create be created (is it just titles at your primary title level?)

I understand WHY, it was a little cheaty to just... not create the kingdoms and thereby not have to worry about losing your land.

I created the Kingdom of Mordva, and I didn't fully understand it, so I had splotches of Rus and Volga Bulgaria throughout my land as I didn't fully control those duchies. So I wanted to have them switch to de jure Mordva, so I don't have to worry about the peasantry in those duchies getting all uppity and wanting a king? But it takes 100 years.

So I had to reform, settle as a feudal king, and change to ultimogeniture on all three titles to destroy them, and in the meantime, the 20+ years progress on title destruction was eliminated.

Bluh.

Now I have to wait 100 years before I can safely create my Mordvin Empire. :(

Odd. This might only be forced if you have a son who could get the high-level title but doesn't unless you create it, because my run as English Viking king ended up with me having England proper, ending in Northumberland, roughly, and Denmark, both kingdoms, but also enough land in Wales to make it into a kingdom - and two sons, one from a concubine, one legitimate.

Upon the king's death, I got to play as the English king, but meanwhile the brother got Denmark, Wales remained uncreated.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: January 06, 2015, 09:15:19 am »

Yeah, that king had... a lot of babies. A lot. Three concubines.

I went overboard a little when my first king died with literally one son, and he was the start of the dynasty, so I was a little "UHHHH WELL I NEED MOAR BABBIES!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: January 06, 2015, 02:49:18 pm »

Welp I just accidentally a Joffrey

Had seduction focused king have an affair with some duchess, they had an illegitimate daughter but no one caught on. Years later I notice that the daughter had inherited the attractive trait from her mother and decide to marry her to the second prince to try and breed it into the family line and didn't realize what had happened until it had already went through. And then eventually I had the second prince become heir because his older brother sucked.

Thankfully their first son turned out alright. Their second son not so much. On the plus side he's really attractive!

EDIT: AND THEN HE DIED

In a multiplayer game, I seduced my friends wife and had an illegitimate offspring that counted as my friends' child. (I told my friend about this.) Then, my lover, the Duchess of Oxford, died, leaving my illegitimate daughter to take control of the province. One of the betrothal options that came up for my sons was the Duchess of Oxford, and it would have been great for the Country, but I just couldn't do it. XD
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: January 06, 2015, 03:42:06 pm »

Further adventures of the House Ariosti:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also discovered you can rename dynasties which are not yours, which has led me to renaming the Serene Republic, which was all-but hereditary thanks to my +30 gold per month and like 2k in vault, so noticing my dynasty name (which was RNG) I now lead The Glorious Serene Republic of Ariostotzka. 'Glorious' is the adjective.

And all I will say about this is you will want to try changing yours to that. The Italian-Glorious War of Aquilea. With my troops ferried by The Glorious Fleet.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: January 06, 2015, 03:47:57 pm »

There's a bug in the game right now where all armies become hostile to each other. Reloading the game solves this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: January 06, 2015, 03:51:19 pm »

There's a bug in the game right now where all armies become hostile to each other. Reloading the game solves this.

It's not *all*. And they are not all hostile towards each other - I've seen neutral ones. Might be because of the religious diferences.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: January 06, 2015, 03:52:21 pm »

And currently the AI isn't able to disband vassal levies properly, leading to very serene and peaceful worlds after they launch their first wars.

I was skeptical of it, but I just loaded the Ummayads in my 200 year game [since I've been blobbing incessantly, and yet noone has declared war on me.. I've been kinda skeptical that the levies are just broken for them] and yep, something like 30k troops from vassals just raised. Have been raised long enough to give -37 opinion, which is what, a decade atleast? I also couldn't disband them directly with the disband levy button in the military menu, I had to go through and manually disband them all.

Pretty much confirmed that the levies are broken and leads to peaceful worlds in 2.3. I feared that.

So yeah, 2.3 is broken, unfortunately. I hope the next patch is soon.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: January 06, 2015, 03:57:40 pm »

Oh, I noticed that levy button not working too.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: January 06, 2015, 07:50:27 pm »

I did notice my liege had -196 opinion with someone for having levies raised  :o

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: January 06, 2015, 08:35:51 pm »

Just a quick question before I hope back into my Ironman game, but is primogeniture bugged? My son is hale and hearty, but for some reason my grandson is set as my heir. And I more or less groomed my own son to take care of my empire.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: January 06, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

Any unusual traits?  Is the son in question your second or third son (or later), while your grandson the child of a deceased eldest son? 

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: January 06, 2015, 08:59:35 pm »

Is your son a bishop?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: January 06, 2015, 09:09:18 pm »

The succession law is agnatic cognate primogeniture. The son was my second child, but first son and the grandson was his son. Looks like reloading the game cleared it up. I just had the same glitch when I was using console commands on the Norse.
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 1002