Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091234 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6765 on: January 04, 2015, 01:39:34 am »

One way to convert people is to park a preacher at her doorstep. This may be a special event chain thing though. If you want her to disinherit, and you're christian, order her to take the vows. Is she holding land? Plot to revoke it, and then imprison then execute her. If it's her only title, you can banish her for 10 piety after revoking it. Alternatively, demand she has a religious conversion. Is your crown authority high enough? Revoke your vassals titles after you park an army on top of their strongest holdings, then demand they convert in order to be released.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: January 04, 2015, 03:14:07 am »

One way to convert people is to park a preacher at her doorstep. This may be a special event chain thing though. If you want her to disinherit, and you're christian, order her to take the vows. Is she holding land? Plot to revoke it, and then imprison then execute her. If it's her only title, you can banish her for 10 piety after revoking it. Alternatively, demand she has a religious conversion. Is your crown authority high enough? Revoke your vassals titles after you park an army on top of their strongest holdings, then demand they convert in order to be released.

He can't do any of those things, because he IS her.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: January 04, 2015, 04:42:34 am »

I need a quick way to get my character killed without my vassals rebelling, suggestions?

As for why I need her dead: a while ago she started hearing Jesus in her head, and he told her to become a heretic. Now the heresy is spreading through my vassals and I'm afraid it will take root and become a giant pain in the ass. I can't just force her to convert because she is zealous. She's "old" (almost 50, which is older than any previous ruler) but healthy so I don't want to risk just waiting.
Start killing family members and doing all sorts of evil-ish things. You'll be off'd soon enough.

There's no real immediate solution because you're a woman and women can't lead armies. Basically you can't commit suicide.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: January 04, 2015, 06:24:00 am »

You are the tool of Our Lord, do His work!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: January 04, 2015, 08:19:43 am »

I need a quick way to get my character killed without my vassals rebelling, suggestions?

As for why I need her dead: a while ago she started hearing Jesus in her head, and he told her to become a heretic. Now the heresy is spreading through my vassals and I'm afraid it will take root and become a giant pain in the ass. I can't just force her to convert because she is zealous. She's "old" (almost 50, which is older than any previous ruler) but healthy so I don't want to risk just waiting.
Start killing family members and doing all sorts of evil-ish things. You'll be off'd soon enough.

There's no real immediate solution because you're a woman and women can't lead armies. Basically you can't commit suicide.

As for evil-ish things, I suggest revoking everyones titles. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Then your heir can give them back for fuckhueg opinion bonuses.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: January 04, 2015, 08:32:58 am »

I just had an odd interaction.
Was petty King of Jorvick, won the first war against Northumbria, then expanded into Ireland, forming Ireland with my first King. He dies, the most incompetent of the three sons takes over. Playing this son, I imprison my brother who is trying to kill me. This goes awry, launching my country into s minor civil war, which I win. The second oldest son is now in Jail when the one who is King dies. I am now playing as the youngest, and most competent of the three, and still hold my brother in Jail.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: January 04, 2015, 06:06:29 pm »

You are the tool of Our Lord, do His work!

It does seem like it would be a fun challenge to embrace and spread the heresy, but this is my first game and I was aiming to form the Hispanic Empire. I've already got tons of rebellions from the Muslims I conquered plus the other heresy that sprung up in my land, I'd rather not have to deal with all my other counties rebelling as well.

As for evil-ish things, I suggest revoking everyones titles. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Then your heir can give them back for fuckhueg opinion bonuses.

I'll consider it. My levies are pretty worn down from constant reunification wars, so dealing with the dukes who refuse to hand over their titles would be painful and could leave me vulnerable if the Muslims decide to attack. I can't exactly call on any holy knights to defend me now.

The one good thing about this situation is that I can revoke titles and make arrests with impunity. Apparently it isn't tyranny if the victims aren't of your religion, even if you're the only one in the world who follows it. Unfortunately, because of that your idea wouldn't be good at making people want to assassinate me. It might actually make them like me more thanks to the opinion bonus for crushing rebellions.

BTW, does anyone know whether your chaplain proselytizing converts people to his religion or to yours?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:08:09 pm by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: January 04, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »

You can only have a chaplain who has the same exact religion as your own.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: January 04, 2015, 06:20:47 pm »

BTW, does anyone know whether your chaplain proselytizing converts people to his religion or to yours?

The chaplain's.

If you change religion it doesn't boot the chaplain out, so you can in certain situations. (unless its been changed, I haven't played in a little while).
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: January 04, 2015, 06:24:39 pm »

Nope, my old chaplain stayed. So I can still use him to convert the Muslims? That's a relief.
                        - Random human lord

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: January 04, 2015, 06:30:17 pm »

If you change religion it doesn't boot the chaplain out, so you can in certain situations. (unless its been changed, I haven't played in a little while).

I just tested this out.  Was running Fraticelli and then converted to Catholicism by a decision, and the chaplain remained and was Fraticelli.  So I guess you're right.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: January 04, 2015, 06:48:20 pm »

Has anyone tried converting to christianity or some other religion as norse, then converting back and forth my proselytizing yourself?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: January 04, 2015, 08:28:21 pm »

It's possible but why would you want to do that?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: January 04, 2015, 08:46:53 pm »

At last! She finally died when her carriage went flying off a cliff. I sort of cheated by switching over to one of my vassals and making them start a plot, but it was clear that none of them had the balls to do it themselves. My spymaster was kind enough to inform me of the plot despite being one of its principal members, how thoughtful.

There are a few wayward independent counties left from that debacle, but they should be easily reconquered. The queen managed to convert quite a few low-ranking landowners, but they all had their titles stripped by their catholic liege lords and shouldn't be a problem.

Also, for some reason my Dynasty crest kept changing after the queen converted and is now a pig, great.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:49:13 pm by nogoodnames »
                        - Random human lord

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: January 04, 2015, 08:52:12 pm »

I think shields may change with religion.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1002