Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091782 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6390 on: December 01, 2014, 01:52:00 pm »

So I'm playing as Venice. I take a look to see how the mainland Europe is doing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have no clue whatsoever as to how this came to be.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: December 01, 2014, 03:59:35 pm »

He probably had a claim before becoming a bishop then there was a faction revolt that installed him.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: December 01, 2014, 04:03:11 pm »

If he can bring the Holy Roman Empire together, that'd be awesome.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: December 01, 2014, 04:10:34 pm »

Aren't theocracies at that size/level basically unbreakable? I've rarely seen them larger than a small kingdom, though.. Might be interesting if the Holy* Roman Empire is actually a theocracy and doesn't explode.

*Like, seriously Holy. Not just tagged on Holy Holiness. Bonus points if they achieve a Pope/King combination.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 04:12:25 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: December 01, 2014, 06:34:46 pm »

I've had a fraticelli revolt take over Pictland in the charlemagne start date and proceed to overwhelm the British isles. So pretty much unbreakable. Sadly that save was lost to constant crashes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: December 02, 2014, 07:41:52 am »

So the pope was murdered for science died. Charles became Pope and some other Karling got West Francia. Charles has strong claims on basically the entire Karlingblob, but can't press them with any degree of success because he's now only got Rome in his realm.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: December 02, 2014, 09:56:01 am »

So the pope was murdered for science died. Charles became Pope and some other Karling got West Francia. Charles has strong claims on basically the entire Karlingblob, but can't press them with any degree of success because he's now only got Rome in his realm.
Does he stand to inherit if the other karlings die?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: December 02, 2014, 01:30:55 pm »

Is it Ironman? If not, go back to Francia Charles, give him the HRE title through console, then kill the pope.

I'm curious on if, as the Emperor, the King-level Pope title will take over, or will he retain his Emperorship?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: December 02, 2014, 01:51:42 pm »

I believe the Papacy is a kingdom level title.. So I don't think it's possible for the *Pope* to be emperor. It is possible for the *Emperor* to be the pope, though, for atleast 1 guy, that is. I believe the papal succession would give the papacy to the next actual cardinal while the emperorship continues as it normally would under the elective/random system a plain *theocracy* has. This is entirely a theory, as I have no actual idea what the hell would happen. I do figure someone at Kingdom-level-only titles would be able to be the Pope primarily and then King of X on top of it. Though I've never seen any papacy actually create kingdom titles, even with enough lands to do so.

Nor have I even seen an AI pope with claims on Christians press them, ever. Time for some console science to make the pope inherit the HRE somehow and see if everything explodes.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:53:32 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: December 02, 2014, 02:19:02 pm »

Actually it would be the pope being emperor. Same way the Emperor of Arabia is almost always the Calpih, a duke level title.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: December 02, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »

The Papacy is always a Kingdom level title.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: December 02, 2014, 02:33:40 pm »

Yes but religious head titles take precedence so it would be a pope on the throne, not an emperor on the papacy.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:35 pm »

That literally doesn't mean anything in the context of the Papacy..... But I did do an experiment, with Investiture on the HRE the Emperorship will go to the pope if held by the pope. No papal influence on the heir.. Odd. So yeah, if you get an Investiture HRE, it will be unbreakable* to a certain point.

Now I've got to figure out how an AI Pope could possibly finagle an emperor title, to see if I can encourage it naturally. I am under the impression there are scripts making it so the Pope doesn't press claims on other Catholics. Killed a couple popes and the independence faction started blooming, 3500%+ revolt strength, so rapid successive Papal deaths would crush them pretty fast. I forgot that while Popes are OP as fuck, a bad Pope is typically an awful pope. The inheritance is so arbitrary they they're bound to explode just because of one really awful ruler. Curious to see what will happen if this revolt forces him out of the emperorship. Edit: The revolts are failing terribly, even with huge forces. Too many people absolutely love the pope no matter what. So far three empire-wide revolts one after the other, showing a majority of the vassals still want to break away.

Seems like the pope even gets +relation from Free Investiture. However that works.

Oh, and the Papacy currently has -5% Noble Vassal tax. I have no idea how this works. I think giving the Papacy the HRE really does break things.

Oh, and the pope personally taking any title higher than duke immediately turns it into investiture [not sure how to give duchy titles in the localization I'm using]. Even merchant republics of high rank. I don't think you can change them back either without outright destroying the titles, giving them even more permanence as theocracies.. No wonder you can't play as theocracies, they're kinda easy mode.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:08:04 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: December 02, 2014, 03:43:59 pm »

Oh, and the Papacy currently has -5% Noble Vassal tax. I have no idea how this works. I think giving the Papacy the HRE really does break things.
Does this means he was giving people money instead of taxing them? No wonder they loved him.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: December 02, 2014, 03:47:23 pm »

I'm not entirely sure, it did say -# tax incomes on the vassal screen though. I can only assume so. That raises the question of exactly how the Papacy has -5% Noble Vassal tax once gifted an Emperorship.. I don't recall any modifiers that lower Noble Vassal tax to anything below 0%..

Stuff like this makes my head hurt. I'm gonna have to pay more attention to the pope and the silly situations that the Papacy shoehorns itself into.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:55:16 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 1002