Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091735 times)

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6360 on: November 26, 2014, 09:09:36 am »

I get CTDs on occasion playing the CK2+ mod. 

Speaking of, does anyone else notice the Abbassids seem to completely disintegrate in the 867 start?  It seems half the time I see that their empire title is gone and everyone is independent. 

It's nice for me in my current game where I started as the Doux of Sicily.  The emperor holy warred for the rest of my county right after he won his war. This gave me the levy to cross into Africa and become the Despot of Africa.  I'm moving into Egypt next unless I can get a claim on at least one key county in Sicily.  I'm 9/20 counties, but there is an independent Greek who would accept vassalization if I bordered him. This would put me over the 51% needed for my second kingdom title.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: November 26, 2014, 12:34:24 pm »

I was playing yesterday in 867 and somehow Hungry became renamed to Arpad (unless I hit the dynasty button but I'm fairly certain it was still displaying realms). I think the Magyars settled the Carpathian basin within the first year or two. They expanded rapidly as they always do before seeming to lose interest in expanding their borders, which also seems to be common. Perhaps they turn South after a while. They seem to generally ignore most of the Polish states except for Greater Moravia which is a combination of Bohemian and Polish counties that starts out as a brown color. They usually take over the majority of Greater Moravia and then I don't notice them do much on their Northern border.

As that game was Ironman I quit it when I tried to snatch a Lithuanian county from a small Romuva Duke when some religious zealots showed up due to the chaplain's work. I soon remembered I should check who opponents are allied with before trying to conquest them.

This was after I had stolen the Duchy, having started as a Count and murdered the Duke before he had children. This would be more difficult to do if the Duke in question did not start the game unmarried and with no children despite being well into adulthood. It's not guarenteed that your Count character will have the intrigue or be more likable than the Duke but if they are it's not too hard to kill the Duke and whatever male children he's had. The male children are really easy to kill, no one in court will like them due to short rule opinion modifiers. I killed the Duke, then many of his courtiers happily conspire against his poor child despite having been better friends with the Duke than me. Maybe the young duke shouldn't have called all those ladies fat like the kids in my court do all the time.

Those free event troops the council members spawn can be really useful to bump you over the number needed to siege a neighbor's holdings but they show up when I don't have any realistic targets too. It would be cool if you could turn them down.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:46:29 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: November 26, 2014, 12:44:06 pm »

You can dismiss the event troops if you can't fulfill their demands.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: November 26, 2014, 12:47:16 pm »

Oh, I didn't know that, that fixes everything. Thanks for telling me, I don't know why I didn't try that. Duh, amIright?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: November 26, 2014, 02:15:24 pm »

Why would you want to dismiss event troops ever?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: November 26, 2014, 02:16:46 pm »

Some of the event troops specific to Tribal governments have a drawback if they aren't used soon after they're created.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: November 26, 2014, 02:16:58 pm »

I believe when the religious and raider and build legend event troops disband on their own it's -25 piety/prestige. Gets kinda annoying, especially when they appear while I'm at war then leave after a year because I've not declared war, but I still have a declared war I'm fighting. Or they'll disband in the middle of a battle and remove my 22 martial general from the leader slot during charge phase.. >>
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:19:00 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: November 26, 2014, 03:08:44 pm »

I believe when the religious and raider and build legend event troops disband on their own it's -25 piety/prestige. Gets kinda annoying, especially when they appear while I'm at war then leave after a year because I've not declared war, but I still have a declared war I'm fighting. Or they'll disband in the middle of a battle and remove my 22 martial general from the leader slot during charge phase.. >>

I don't think I've had them disappear in the middle of the a war.  Except maybe the religous ones during a subjugation war of my religion.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: November 26, 2014, 03:17:30 pm »

They definitely will leave you in the middle of a war. If it triggers again in the middle of the battle and de-leaderises my 20+ marshal general I'll show you. In fact that's why I last ragequitted. Context; In some battles like these I'll put all the troops in one flank with an uber general. The event troops despawned in the middle of a battle they were participating in, and the assigned general [20+ marshal] was removed, leading to my battle going from a complete victory against superior forces to a total rout...

The troops themselves bailing wouldn't have been too bad, something like 500 troops in a 3300 force, but the removal of the leader mid battle just completely fucked me. I'm pretty sure I'm running ironman for some stupid reason too.

Edit: Nope, completely messed up my memory. It was two years before my current autosave. But yeah, it definitely didn't help. I had to finagle a victory out of the Yatvigs despite starting with -60% warscore thanks to the deassignment of my best general mid battle ;_;
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:28:46 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6369 on: November 26, 2014, 08:20:25 pm »

Well fuck me if the game of thrones mod isn't just the best thing ever.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: November 26, 2014, 10:33:07 pm »

Speaking of mods...so far I've just been playing vanilla.

Is Crusader Kings 2 plus mod any good? I'm not interested in the game of thrones mod. Not really interested in GoT at all. Just me though.

Only other major mod besides that GoT one, is CK2 plus...but dunno how it is. Don't even know what it does after reading the mod page on steam (that looks out of date). Does it just add more stuff or something?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: November 26, 2014, 10:46:15 pm »

It's the only major mod I use other than the GoT mod. Lux Invicta is good as well, but not updated.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: November 26, 2014, 10:46:29 pm »

Well fuck me if the game of thrones mod isn't just the best thing ever.
*snip*
I was more in engaged in that then I was for the last two seasons of Game of Thrones. Possibly because the morality rate was much, much lower?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: November 26, 2014, 11:07:30 pm »

Speaking of mods, if the Crisis of the Confederation guy is still around I tried your mod!

I'm very impressed on how you managed to create a sci-fi world and differentiate all the factions so quickly.  However, I don't think its complete enough to really have fun with.  Most of the one province characters have too few resources to plausibly get anything done within decades, while the big powers don't have access to any CB that would allow them to do much very quickly.  Speaking of which, I find it concerning that the only power I'm aware of with any big CBs is the already huge confederacy's claims that it gets on the rebels.  It seems to me that the map while either stay stable for a long time, or the confederacy will win a claim war on one of the rebels and then roll that into a total conquest.

Also some of the starting characters are women over 40, that's an almost guaranteed loss.  To get cloning requires a lot of money and the right planet type.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: November 27, 2014, 12:53:48 am »

So I tried an hour of CK 2 plus and didn't really like it. Maybe I didn't understand it, but a good friend who has played longer didn't like it either. For some reason, my income was always super low...I build economy stuff, make allies and all that. Playing as venice, building trade posts...but my economy was stagnant.

Not only that, but it didn't seem THAT much different from vanilla to be honest. Felt like a nerfed vanilla experience in my opinion.

So I instead did an hour of the historical immersion project...and I know an hour probably isn't that great for a game (and mods) that size. But it feels a lot different than vanilla. A lot more added, and I generally like it more. So first impressions is vastly better than the other mod I tried. That, and I like what they did with the factions on the map...I like the historical non-english names, a nice little addition that adds a lot for me. And my economy actually improved when I focused on it (unlike other mod)...where as, I can build military stuff and lose economy. Very realistic that way. So I can focus on either one depending on the area/city etc.

I didn't get too much into the military stuff or anything. The intrigue had more features, but an hour isn't enough time to go through that. Looked overhaul a lot more added and stuff changed.

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 1002