Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091737 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6345 on: November 22, 2014, 05:39:05 am »

If you're a Byzantine vassal and want you heir on the throne, think about factions.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: November 22, 2014, 05:44:11 am »

If you're a Byzantine vassal and want you heir on the throne, think about factions.

Also marriages.  Always with the marriages (as a Christian, as most other religions it doesn't matter much for one reason or another).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: November 22, 2014, 06:01:26 am »

What's this about CTDs? I haven't had a single one since the 2.2 patch. Not counting issues with mods, of course.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: November 22, 2014, 10:13:48 am »

I've got CTDs when a fleet transporting mercenaries (only mercenaries. Levies and holy orders are fine, and mercenaries mixed with them seem fine as well) leaves the port. Embarassing for Venice. It might cost us Georgia, indirectly.

On other news, it's 1022 and I won no less than sixteen miscounted, fourteen wars against the muslims in the span of three characters, thirteen eleven of which took place in the last thirty years. The shia caliph Murad Youkhann suffered five defeats at my hands. I never fought so many wars in so little time.

I think it has to do with me having technically around 10.000 levies, the additionnal 12.000 holy knights and my +90 gold/month net income not really being taken in account by the AI.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:01:00 pm by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: November 22, 2014, 10:57:48 am »

Huh. Did a CM start as High Chief of Livonia, thinking "Oh, I'll just focus on building up to a Large Market City and then become a merchant republic early! With no competition in the Baltic, I'll out-Hansa the Hansa!",

Somewhere along the line I unintentionally wound up with all of Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Novgorod. Oops. (part of that was that I needed to reform Suomenesko and hold 3 holy sites).

Now I'm not sure whether to become a HUGE merchant republic or build up forts and become an Estonian-Finnish kingdom.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:04:34 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: November 22, 2014, 10:59:17 am »

Do you want to be massively overpowered?  If so go with the huge merchant republic option.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: November 22, 2014, 11:00:39 am »

Do you want to be massively overpowered?  If so go with the huge merchant republic option do whatever.
ftfy :P

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: November 22, 2014, 11:06:49 am »

I mean there are levels of everything :P

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #6353 on: November 23, 2014, 03:07:37 pm »

Started 867 start as norse count in brittany and conquered the ducal title, then turned to catholic faith. I ended up with lands in Aquitane and Wales. It was all friendly with the Karlings until 1050+ when the King of Aquitane attacked some county I had gotten in his de jure lands with marriage. No problem I thought but then he called all his karling buddies to the war and all his allies to the war and the next thing I know I am at war with pretty much every catholic power in the world except for the scottish king and the english dukes in british isles.

The entirety of the Karling Leaguge:

West Francia, Germany, Italy(+greece that they got in crusade), lotharingia-Burgundy, Aquitane.

Their non Karling allies included both of the spanish kings(Asturias and Navarra), the republic of Venice that controls Jerusalem, Knights hospitaller (Grandmaster is Karling ofc) and the Knights Templar who control 75% of spain(Grandmaster Karling aswell.)

I think the only king level catholic ruler I wasnt at war with was Scotland. (Not counting pope).

I decided that the only smart move is to run away from the Karlingpocalypse and I began furthering my lands in Wales but now the game has began to consistently crash. I was kinda hoping to see how the Karlings and the Abbasids would develop but I just cant play without crashing anymore.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: November 25, 2014, 05:46:06 pm »

So, as much as I'm kinda meh about CK2 these days since on my PC it just runs so sluggish these days that it get's tiresome to play,  I do still play it occasionally.

In my current campaign an interesting religious situation happened...   basically, except for hold outs in Spain, Britain, and a couple counties in Anatolia due Hospitaller Knight gains in early crusades, Catholicism is dead, even the Papacy is exiled from Rome, in their place is Orthodoxy, Monothelitism, and Lollardy.  It all roots back to some Orthodox King taking power in the Empire of Francia and instead of the lords resisting this they all basically all signed up.

Now another interesting Facet of all this is my Dynasty, the Emichids.  The Emichids, as far as I know have Five independent realms under their rule, four of which each have their own religion..currently.

My character: King Karl Emichid III of Holy Germania (Founded this kingdom myself actually) which champions the cause of Monothelitism

King Tello Emichid of Leon, which champions Catholicism.

King Augustin Emichid of Middle Francia which champions good old fashioned Orthodoxy. (Though middle Francia is an elective monarchy which is surprisingly quite varied on the Dynasties they get elected.)

Petty King Cenraed Emichid of Mercia which also champions the Monothelitism of his direct Holy Germanian roots.

and finally

Petty King Ealdwulf Emichid of Essex which champions Iconoclasm...

Yeah, House Emichid, is not exactly the most religiously united dynasty ever. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: November 25, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »

I feek dumb, but whats a CTD?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: November 25, 2014, 11:49:53 pm »

I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: November 25, 2014, 11:55:44 pm »

The latest version's CTDs and instability is so infuriating, because I love long playthroughs.. Yet I keep trying..
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: November 26, 2014, 02:49:11 am »

I haven't had more than a couple of crashes with the latest version, and I'm running the GoT mod.
Love, scriver~

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: November 26, 2014, 04:27:20 am »

I didn't get any CTDs until I installed a bunch of DLCs and started a game as Venice.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1002